going great keep up the good work
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Post Thanks / Like

re: Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

Nice! Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all! hopefully with all the help I've received I should be able to get something nice in the end!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it up Brother.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, some leaves are curling down a little and im pretty sure its not due to overwatering. Not too worried just want to get the lil girl (heres hoping) in the best condition I can. Was wondering if my ph is a little high? 6.7ish. read somewhere that i want to get it to roughly 6.2? if so i was wondering if there are any household items i can use to adjust this. Tried searching PH on this site but it keeps getting ommited, does anyone know how to get around this?? Also will be taking a cutting today for sexing and maybe grow a mini cola lol. Suppose that depends on if the cutting takes I have never cloned before but I have done a little reading and got some rooting hormone, humidity dome and Oasis cubes or would I just be better off using Jiffy cups? Tried my first FIM last night will update pics when it starts to develop, hope I didnt miss and just top harharhar. Gotta go buy a magnifing glass too, my camera struggles with the closeups!!

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 25

Seeds have all sprouted havent got leaves up yet but their heads have popped. Had a crack at some LST today and took a cutting for sexing, I used sharp scisors to scrape back some of the outside layer and cut at 45 degree angle before applying clonex. I'll be super stoked if it roots as it's my first attempt!! Heres some pics...

Plastic bag in last pic was to diffuse light, cutting is also under the shade of the big pot. Will this be enough light for the lil fulla? Going to start ramping up the fish emulsion next feeding then back to the growzilla at half strength when big girl handles that. Very happy with my progress so far and have learnt a lot just from this site!

Post Thanks / Like

Day 28

Well trucking along nicely. Got a moisture meter heard theyre a bit of a joke but it seems to work alright. Haven't watered for 8 days now might give her a feed tonight with full strength fish emulsion. (think ive been lacking a bit on the nutes she hasn't had any for almost 2 weeks now)

Haha got a C02 bubbler in there dont really know if its going to do anything but thought Id make one anyways.

seedlings one week after germination...

Think the clones feet were getting super cold so I got a heat mat to try and heat her up a bit. Was looking real sad and droopy so I staked it up and trimmed some more leaves off. Pretty doubtful if its going to survive...

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm maybe a bit of a learning curve for me. Left the vents closed on the humidity bin overnight with the heat mat going think the poor girl got a bit cooked. oh well, ill leave it for a couple of days and see what happens and maybe take a few more cuttings and have another crack with oasis cubes instead...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunja View Post
    hmmm maybe a bit of a learning curve for me. Left the vents closed on the humidity bin overnight with the heat mat going think the poor girl got a bit cooked. oh well, ill leave it for a couple of days and see what happens and maybe take a few more cuttings and have another crack with oasis cubes instead...
    yea that clone was totally f(*&^%d!! will not be using the jiffy cups again for cloning the stem was basically mush. Had another go with oasis cubes this time see how that goes..

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 35 VEG

Think I now hate jiffy cups ive had nothing but problems anyone else had any experience with them?

Starting to get all the lower lats up to canopy (9 so far)

Soz about the poor pics!! any1 know a good digital for closeups?

Some LST action...

Some mutated growth on the right hand side where I attempted a FIM...

Clone 9 days after cutting (started in an Oasis cube...

seedlings are growing really slow (started in jiffys)...

Poor quality photo from underneath, been 5 weeks still no preflowers..

Post Thanks / Like

Looking very nice Gunja

Post Thanks / Like

After staring intently for approx half an hour I think I have found ONE female preflower a node beneath the growing tip. There was 2 TINY white hairs growing in there. woop woop just made my day.

On the 3 seedlings I think they all have stem rot, they all look split with green showing. Grrr Jiffy's and probably my overwatering!! Will be using seed raising potting mix from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

IS THIS FEMALE?

Turns out im a moron and my camera has a 'macro mode' on it. Duh. Will post some closeups on my 6 week aniversary lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast