Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

Post Thanks / Like

re: Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

Day 42 VEG

Hey guys got some more photos for ya. The roots were showing out the bottom of the 4.75 gallon pot so i thought i'd cut some holes in the sides and double pot into another bucket.

Lol didn't realise you could see my bling bling slippers

and some photos of the gal...

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

You're doing great Gunja, keep it up!

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 49 VEG

As I can't clone to save my life I decided to have a go at DWC.

this is a 4gal tub I used 2x 12" bubble curtains over the airstones as they put out more bubbles. Water heater doesn't arrive for a couple of days so ive just got the heat pad under it...

Couldn't find any neoprene for the inserts so i just used polystyrene.

As I don't have any liquid rooting hormone theres just plain water sitting in the tub and the tip has been dipped in clonex. Will this be alright? Also was wondering I have the tip sitting just out of the water with the bubbles splashing on it, will this be ok?

Pic of the gal 7weeks veg. Maybe flip the lights in the next week or so?? Im not really sure since it's been trained a lot, its a lot wider than it is tall. I have plenty of vertical room should i just keep veging her or will she out grow the pots? currently have roughly 7gallons of soil. Any insight would be appriceated. thanx guys...

Plant of the Month Winner - April 2008 DEAN420's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you should be fine if flowering within the next week or so 7gallons is alot of soil
    How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

If humanity wishes to save itself from biospheric destruction it must return to living in natural time

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: smokey robinson

hey man wats up nah honstly i dont kno much aye to be st8 ae they had good rooting i think aye like when i got them they were in like cotton blocks???? and they're in soil now as they have been for they past 3 weeks yeah ive stoped using growzilla so much maybe one every 2 weeks and since ive stoped the brownies have semi greened so there is hope and hate to be blunt but wats LSTing??? would like to kno so i can try .....
    umm yeah man i will upload some pics next time bcoz havent had the time but i will and you can take a geeze its nothing profesional aye seriously lol but you'll see but i think ive done a good job
    well gtg get back at me about that LSTing thing so i can have a go

sweet cuhz
    live free and smoke herbs
    SILLYSmOkAh

Post Thanks / Like

and shit just looking at your pics and daym she look fine az aye mate lol like mine is about 5 weeks and they look nothing like that

jelous much
    SILLYSmOkAh

Post Thanks / Like

Nice plant, love the lst work you've done with her. Keep up the good work.

-Blastabowl
    Strains in Garden: Grape Punch, Apollo 11, Blue Cheese, Purple Erkle, Massachusetts Super Skunk, The Purps, and Black Domina

Blastabowl's 1st White Widow Grow
    Blastabowl's indoor/outdoor grow '09

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words guys.

DAY 56 VEG

Well not much to update. Changed out the MH to HPS last night and im sure vertical growth was almost an inch on one of the growing tips!! Just got to get my tent light tight then ill be flipping to 12/12. Id say within two days. (going to start with a 24hr dark period) Canopy has 11 primary bud sites so im quite excited. Really had no expectations for this grow but if i get anything over an oz ill be really stoked. Watered with a 3/4 dose of flairform flowering solution last night as well. Lucious white roots are now pouring out the bottom of the bucket I double potted into as well...

Heres a couple of pics...

Bit of yellowing there. don't really know whats going on seems to be on some of the growth from a couple of weeks ago, im thinking i pushed the nutes a bit hard back then?? Also some of the new growth at the tips of the leaves is looking quite strange?? Is this just because its growing fast and the leaves will straighten out with time or possibly my low humidity (35%) and cool night temps (50f) or are these more symptoms of over fert?? any insight would be great...

Pic of the girl soaking up those lumens under her new HPS. Think she loves it...

Post Thanks / Like

------ Quick update ------

After 57 days of veg light got flipped. Leaving it off for 24hours. I sat inside the tent for 15mins and couldnt see a single pinprick of light so should be pretty good. Will update after 1week of flowering with some pics. stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Well. Have posted these in the help forum, thought i may as well post my folly in here too. Seems i got a bit hasty with the bloom nutes and overdosed her.

Majority of new growth is like this.

Have given her a good flushing and a dose of epsom salts for good measure.
    Such a dumb mistake! will slowly crank up bloom nutes in the future. Least I learnt something...

Will this effect my final yield??

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 13 FLOWER

Hey guys! Have put an oil heater in growtent to combat low lights off temps. Works a treat! Currently day temps between 71-75 and night temps 64.

Still having problems with new growth coming in mutated and curled.

Think my ph may still be out of wack.

Between my PH pen, Litmus paper and Bromothymol solution i think i finally have my waterings to PH 6.3-6.5

I have been watering when pot looks dry with 500mls of tepid water every day.

In regard to testing runoff i have to use about 1500mls to produce any runoff and this still takes over 15mins to drip out the bottom (double potted and is quite tall, 7gals soil) will this be ok?

Did I do bad by having a layer of pumice in the bottom of the pot when i double potted???

if this will be alright ill do a decent runoff test next water...

Heres some pics...

2 weeks ago...

now...

baby buds...

some general shots...

some of the mutated growth grrr....

any comments, criticisms, insight or advice totally welcome, hope you enjoy my grow so far...

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 23 FLOWER

Hey All! New watering schedule seems to be going well. Currently watering 2.25 litres with PH 6.2-6.4 water every 2nd day at lights on.

After some thought i decided to contine this regieme instead of just flushing again to slowly bring ph back into line, with the intention of causing less stress. Nuting once a week. Next feed will be at 3/4 strength...

NEW GROWTH COMING BACK IN ALMOST NORMAL

Thanx to all that helped in diagnosing!

LST seems to have paid off, I have 11 colas coming in at the canopy. Looking back I probably should have trimmed more of the lower stuff as im worried the remaining buds aren't going to fill out properly..
    Am hoping the 7gal root system should be able to cope tho...

Now for some pics...

Post Thanks / Like

looks gorgeous gunja! those little ladies look so happy and healthy. congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker2288 View Post
    looks gorgeous gunja! those little ladies look so happy and healthy. congrats!
    thanx buddy, appriceate the kind words

Post Thanks / Like

-----QUICK UPDATE-----

This had me stumped. Ive blown 3 timers in 2 grows. Thought I was just getting bung timers!! Wasn't until I read medical marijuanas post regarding the high inductive load that a light draws that I understood why they kept blowing. Sooo I got a relay capable of switching the load required and voila! no more blown timers. Heres a pic if you wanna see

Output from timer is used to energise the coil and switch the light on...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast