Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

gunja

hey there just started growing again i have done one indoor grow before with moderate sucess. I currently have 1 plant growing and plan to LST and FIM to fill up grow area.

IMG_02621.jpg

plant has been under 7 days of 14w t5 style fluro and 8 days of HID lighting. Since I only have one plant in there at the moment i want to veg it at long as possible to utilise all the space and then after this one is finished i can start growing my white widow x skunk feminised seeds. In the grow room im using a 600w metal halide during veg and 600w hps when they go 12/12. Will have to transplant in the next week or so into bigger pot. I plan on using 1/4 vermiculite mixed with max yield soil. I have an exhaust fan in top venting into a bedroom. Still need to get a temp/humidity meter and a fan to circulate air round the tent and strengthen the stem. For nutes im using Growzilla for veg with NPK of 35 15 55.

IMG_02651.jpg

Im watering roughly every 3 days at half strength nute concentration, I water till a few drips come out the bottom and then wait till the top inch or so is dry. Ive noticed on the two bigger leaves they curl slightly downward at the ends and on one of the other leaves its started to go yellow at the tip? I was wondering if this was something to do with how im feeding or do they need to be just fed with straight water every now and then? Any help would be appreciated! I will try to update every couple of days with pics to show you guys how im getting on....

Those are some huge n-p-k numbers. I'll bet a dollar to a donut what you are seeing is nute burn on the tip of your leaf there. Give them a good flush on your next watering then back the nute mix up to 1/4 or even 1/8 strength for a couple of weeks. The curl could be a couple of things. Overwatering or to much heat. Or perhaps a bit of both.

just a quick update finally installed the carbon filter which has made fan a little quieter too. Also got temp/humidity meter night temps around 18c (65f) with humidity 35% and day temps 21.5c (71f) with 40% humidity. Still waiting for soil to dry out so i can give her a good flush and will put it into a bigger pot with a more free draining soil. Heres some pics.... will take some better shots of the wee girl with the light off in the weekend...

What are your temps running at? Stopping and starting the fans should help bring the temps up, but an hour on/off will probably just yo-yo your temps...maybey fan off 1 hour, fan on 20 mins. That's one you'll just have to play with until you find the balance.

night temps around 65 with humidity 35% and day temps 72 with 40% humidity. (humidity has dropped to 25% somethimes tho) Ive only got an analogue timer with hour intervals, ive found them to be more reliable 4 12/12, but your idea sounds good so ill go and get a digital timer for the fans. Cheers!! Keep the good info coming :) Is there a minimum humidity that I want to avoid so the plant doesnt transpire too much or does it not matter?

Oh great welcome to my newbie grow. I tested the nute concentrate with limus paper and its PH 5.1. I dont know where to get any RO or distilled water so I'm just using tap water which is PH 6.8. I have been watering at half strength and a mixed brew of nutes is PH 6.6. Ill be flushing with plain water next feeding and ill get a PH reading for the runoff.

On a side note I decided it would be easier to fill the grow space with more plants so I've got another 4 seeds sitting in the hot water closet under some damp paper towels.

Ive done a bit of reading and haven't really found any advantages to running a light schedule of 24/0 so i've cut it back to 20/4. Is there any truth that the plants need time to rest and might grow faster on a reduced light schedule?

DAY 21

4 more mazar seeds have germinated
IMG_02901.jpg

Found Jiffy cups at the plant store I almost had a fit theyre so cool!
IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

and a pic of the room at the moment (3 weeks since germ for bigger one) have transplanted her into a 4.8 gal pot. The medium which i hope is better than the straight potting mix I used before consists of max yeild soil mix from canadian express, 1/4 coarse vermiculite and a touch a pumice for good measure.
IMG_0293.jpg

Back
Top Bottom