Thread: Volks Grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volks Grow

No, I didn't root all of them before putting them in the machine... so the ones that developed roots quicker, are larger. I guess I am perpetuating, though it wasn't originally anticipated. I felt like if there were empty slots in the VG, I was wasting potential...
    Last edited by CanbisMxmus; 06-20-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Stoner

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey CMX,
    Glad the watering/feeding tip came in handy, very nice & vigorously looking plants. Also alot less work on your part. Like my friend says" There weeds, they'll do fine! Don't love them to death"

I got your PM but unfortunately I can't respond because I don't have enough post to respond to pm's yet....lol I wish I knew that before I typed a reply the length of a short story.....lol.....blah..blah...blah Then when I hit submit it gave me the bad news.... 20 minutes of my time never to be seen again

Keep them green CMX. Here's one back at ya

Cheers,
    OD

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Wow, some are waaay bigger than others. Are you running a perpetual/staggered harvest?
    Hey CM,
    Perpetual / staggered harvests would only work well if all plants were not feeding out of a common tray as in any of the rotational gardens.

IMO it would be very unhealthy and possibly deadly to a plant with only 1 or 2 sets of true leaves, being fed the same nutes as a plant 2 to 3 times larger.

Cheers,
    OD

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats true,

but there's nothing stopping you from growing them outside the wheel for a couple few weeks before throwing them into full nute regimen in the wheel

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats what im doing to solve the nute problem inherent to perpetual growing with one res.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you gonna do when your plants hit 2 to 3' they gonna be touching the light during flowering

Post Thanks / Like

who me? my autoflower genetics will only let the plant get to 15" tall maximum.

and if you were growing normal atrains you would just do 12/12 on them out of the wheel to get them flowering nicely.

it does suck that i will have a bit of trouble giving them secondary nutes to increase resin production, etc, etc. at the right times.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WheeloFortune View Post
    thats true,

but there's nothing stopping you from growing them outside the wheel for a couple few weeks before throwing them into full nute regimen in the wheel
    Hey WOF,
    I'm with you 100% on that statement. You want to at least make sure they are all at the same stage if they are being fed out of a common res.

Cheers,
    OD

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stagger harvest with multiple wheels. Batch grow each. Simple, no?
    Come on, laugh and shake your head one time. PG

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    Stagger harvest with multiple wheels. Batch grow each. Simple, no?
    Come on, laugh and shake your head one time. PG
    That would work PG,
    Decide on a 6-7 week strain. Start the first wheel then 2 weeks later start the second wheel, 2 weeks later start the 3rd wheel. Then about every 2-3 weeks you would be very very happy and so would all your friends

Cheers,
    OD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CMax - I love the "positive control" benchmark of running the same strain in soil - parallel; great idea.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Just another half-@ssed "medicinal" state.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioDude View Post
    IMO it would be very unhealthy and possibly deadly to a plant with only 1 or 2 sets of true leaves, being fed the same nutes as a plant 2 to 3 times larger.
    thats true,

thats what im doing to solve the nute problem inherent to perpetual growing with one res.
    Isn't the reservoir just a wide pan at the bottom that the plants' RW get ran "through?"

Couldn't you replace the tray with several skinny ones that only a few rows are serviced from? Yeah, it'd be a PITA but would allow you to either stagger your harvests or to grow strains with different feeding requirements side-by-side.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. -Mark Twain

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TS, you have a devious sideways logic that was never in a box to come out of. I can't wait to hear why and how this PITA idea won't get it done.
    Hey CMX, you still rolling them bare bones? Like the biker boys downtown with their fixed-wheel bicycles, just the essentials and no fluff.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Just another half-@ssed "medicinal" state.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    TS, you have a devious sideways logic that was never in a box to come out of.
    'Gator, thanks for the kind words. I literally LOLed when I read the above - and I haven't even managed a fake little public smile in a week or more.

You ought to look into a career talking jumpers in off the ledge.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. -Mark Twain

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great stuff guys. For my nutes, I am using pretty basic stuff, 50%bloom, 50% grow, liquid guano, and just a bit of molasses. My whole take on the situation is that I can always add/remove plants as necessary, I never counted on anything to come out of the VG, just so that anything that does, is a bonus. I have a whole regiment of plants that are growing and continuing on my previous growth technique(s). This first run is like a test drive, "let's see what this thing can do..." kind of attitude, so everything is fair game. With the experience and tips from this cycle, I will be well prepared to do an organized and effective second run, with most experimentation aside.

I've been quarreling with myself over the shared nutrients in such different stages of plant growth, but as long as I keep the nutes at a happy medium, I think everything should be fine. Yes it stops me from being able to use my specialty products that boost certain aspects of plant growth, but when I started growing, all I had was basic grow and bloom nutes, nothing else. Anything that comes from this is all experience, and bonus buds.

As for size of the plants, if/when they get out of control, I will tackle that situation then.

I love the idea of nutrient troughs in the flood pan, that's using the ol' noodle, but much easier (though not as cost effective) to just get more VG units and run cycles. Many excellent suggestions, points, and tips, thanks all. Bong rips and vapes all around!!!
    More soon...

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast