Thread: Volks Grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volks Grow

Anyone else want to take a punt at the end weight?
    i say just over 2lbs 2.2 dry
    BIGmouthBASS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to put in my bet at 3 even... dried. Heres an update:

I put the Vg on 12/12 two days ago and am using half Connesouir and half Sugar Peak (both are flower) and Bloom Pre (promotes shoot growth and helps kick in flower). Here are a few shots.

I swapped the bulb back to my previous HPS bulb, didn't want to rotate it daily, I have enough to do already. I also turned the ballast down to 750w for now.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I better change my guess to a DRY weight...

2.8lb DRY

Post Thanks / Like

79 but a few are gimps.... still wasn't fully prepared. Lots goin on, too many distractions! Things are looking up though, it appears I will finally have some sorely needed assistance. I believe I'm taking on an apprentice, who will hopefully expediate the cloning process along with much of the other manual labor time consuming work (i.e. transplanting, feeding, pruning...) so I will be able to focus on whats ahead better. In theory!

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt you would have to rotate that bulb cmx, they are so for away from the light right now it will all blend together. i bet you only MIGHT want to rotate it when the plants got to be 13-14 inches tall, then it might be a bit uneven. if they are still stretching, i think the new bulb would be better. but hps alone works great too.

that person will also have a learning curve, so it may be more work for you at first, and then less work after he gets the hang of it.

looking nice though. i can't wait to fill up again.

Post Thanks / Like

i learned the hard way a couple years back about trusting other people around my grow ,came to the spot to check up on things and all my shit was gone , "It's lonely at the top in whatever you do always got ta watch people around you " GURU
    BIGmouthBASS

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Volks Grow

Oh yeah bigmouthbass, you said it!, anyone who has been in the game long enough knows that the only person you can truly 100% trust is yourself. You add one more person to your grow and who knows how many people their going to tell, and then how many people those people are going to tell. Its sick really. Its too bad we cant share this wonderfull plant with everyone but when you have something thats worth more than its weight in gold, the thieves find you fast! Not saying thats going to happen with your apprentice, just plz be carefull. Im sure you already know all of this canbsmxmus but I thought I would throw it out there for those that dont know this VERY IMPORTANT RULE...keep it to yourself = the only way to not get ripped off (or worse). I meen you wouldnt go telling someone the combination to your wall safe full of gold would you? Its pretty much the same thing as letting people into your grow. Thats why I like talking to everyone on here...anonymously. Looks great man, cant wait to see this crop in full action..oh, and just curious, do you have that CO2 tank running? It seems like you would empty that little CO2 bottle fast in a room like that, no?

Post Thanks / Like

A person can get a good judge of themselves by the company they keep. Karma leads the way to your destiny by your own works. I would rather trust someone and sleep well, than fret for nothing. I'm a very generous person, no-one steals from me since all they have to do is ask. I help those who help themselves, not those looking for a handout, or a quick buck. I treat people with respect, and automatically am given respect in return. I try my best to lead by example, work hard, live honest, and enjoy life. Life has given me everything I could ask for, nothing was handed to me, and I am repaying those who helped along the way. Sorry if I got long winded... been eating some awesome chocolate chip ganja cookies all day...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the concern from all... I've lived a lot of life for my age, and consider myself somewhat "seasoned by the elements". I'm ex-military amongst many other things, I watch out for myself, and I take care of the people around me, 'nuf said. Updates:

The co2 tank is in operation, and it's not exactly little... 50#.
    Everything seems to be going nicely.

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, like I said I posted that more for the noobs and beginners that cruise threw these forums, not you. Obviously you know what your doing and have probably been doing it for a long time. The plants sure look like their loving the volksgarden! Very nice job man!

Post Thanks / Like

GreenI: gracias! Congrats on your plant, it truly is amazing looking. I realized after viewing the pics, what tank you were refering to... lmao... you thought it was the little tank in the right hand side of a pic. If you look at the lower left corner of the full VG view, you will see the upper shoulder, valve gaurd & assembly of my co2.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read your thoughts about trusting someone with your grow, and thought about how I have never had any trouble when someone close, has looked after a grow for me. Those people that are really close know, well, you know, the SILENT PRIDE mantra we all sort of succumb too as the safest way to be.

I find it a laugh when I go to parties and there is someone there, who tries to tell me how to grow pot, who doesnt know that I grow pot!! I just smile and let it go......

Post Thanks / Like

lol, oh yeah. Ive been there DGMGH. lol, just the other day I was at a friends house and overheard a guy talking about pot, talking like he really knew his shit...like reeeaaallly knew his shit! I kinda shrugged and was like "hmm, thats neat, someone who knows about pot, cool" Im not really the type to talk about it at all and so I left the room. Well I come back in the room about an hour later and realise he is still just talking his head off, and I happen to hear him say quite argumentatively to someone "No! Sativa isnt even pot! Sativa is legal and you buy it at the head-shops", And I just laughed on the inside. Knowing that he had "sativa" and "salv*a" confused. I went to correct him and was shut down quite promptly with his response of "Are you trying to say I dont know what Im talking about?..IVE BEEN GROWING FOR ELEVEN YEARS!!!". I turned around and left.. all the while giggling on the inside once again. Me and my best friend who Ive known my whole life and does know whats up just looked at me like "seriously? hes trying to tell you about pot, why dont you set him straight?". We all know why I didnt, the goal is to keep a low profile, no matter what! Later that evening I heard him telling people that he grew the most amazing pot the world has ever seen solely under blacklights!... LMAO....seriously...blacklights??? What a morron.Ive heard of people using them to increase their resin content with UV but they definetally had real lights to, HPS, MH etc. And even later I heard him saying that he has the "bomb" from his grow room with him and its got fuzzy blue spots on it, that he grew on them intentionally ....supposedly. And of course we all know that it was just moldy bud that he was trying to pass off as good stuff, but at moments like these I wish I could just be like "dude, you have no clue at all do you" but for my reasons of staying anonymous and under the radar,.. I say nothing. And this happens all the time! Theres a lot of idiots out there and the ones running around telling everyone they see that "they grow the bomb" are probably the biggest idiots of all.
    And ..Ah yes, I see the big tank now. How long does the big tank last you mximus? I use generators but I know a lot of people that use the 50lb tanks, and they refill about every 2 wks, how about you?
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 08-20-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thankfully I only have to refill every couple months. I run it only when the light is on, 15 minutes every hour @2cfm.

Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah it should only be on when the light is but really? Every two months? What do your ppms stay at in there. My friend runs his at 1300 I beleive, I usually do 1500 but the difference between the two is minimal, if existant at all. Do you know what your cubed footage of the room is?I beleive his is 300-400 ft cubed... Its hard to talk math on a computer that doesnt have the right buttoms , damn, never realised. oh yeah and he uses sentinel with the CO2 algorithm (fuzzy logic, or whatever you want to call it).Oh, and my whole point is it seems like something has to be wrong with his, I thought his went awfully fast. Im not sure but I would have thought those 50lb tanks would have lasted him atleast a month And Im pretty sure hes lucky if he gets 3 weeks. Anyhow if you know your square footage it would help me figure out if something is wrong or not. Thx man and sweet setup!

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast