Thread: Volks Grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volks Grow

Hopefully, the stretch is over, I'm assuming it is, because it has to be. There is no more room:

It is forming buds now, so that's a good sign:

I have the light back up to 750w, but am keeping a very close eye on the situation....

So much to do, so few hours in the day...

back to work.... :headbang:

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

perfect size if the stretch has stopped. looking good cmx!

420 Member of the Month HazeSeeker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

+rep

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CMX,

Was wondering if you had ever heard of "TISSUE CULTURE" ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DGMGH View Post
    CMX,

Was wondering if you had ever heard of "TISSUE CULTURE" ???
    yea thats been around for a while..it does work however it takes a good bit..the good thing is theoretically you can make 1,000s of propagations from just a tiny tissue sample of the plant leaf or stem......

on the side note..wheel looks great...cross my fingers for the end of the stretch...

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say Mrs.Thang is Firefox O.G. , since it came from my collection of mix'n'match seeds (random seeds in bubble bags or left in drying bags), I can only guess. She's a beauty though!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep... Firefox O.G. is a thing of beauty!

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Just another half-@ssed "medicinal" state.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soniq420 View Post

Another volks
    Enough for a sub-forum yet?

Quote Originally Posted by omenman View Post
    yea thats been around for a while..it does work however it takes a good bit..the good thing is theoretically you can make 1,000s of propagations from just a tiny tissue sample of the plant leaf or stem...
    Ohio State University has a nice page with brief discussions of several plant propagation methods:
    [PHP]http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/mg/manual/prop2.htm[/PHP]

I would like to try the root cutting method one of these days to see if it works on MJ (that would be cool). The layering method definitely works and can even be done on an upper branch if one places growing medium around the wound for roots to grow into (you DON'T meed to place the wound into the ground). I tried the leaf cutting method a few times about 25 years ago with African Violets and got beautiful plants that wouldn't produce a single flower between them. It might work on MJ, it might not. Plants are not all the same.

Sorry to hijack your thread (in two different directions), CMx. That young purple flower is very beautiful and puts me in mind of the one with the hummingbird. You should print the largest one you can and frame it.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. -Mark Twain

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enough for a sub-forum yet?
    Not yet, but getting closer. Up to 7 by my count. I can't count leonardo's prep room build but definately when the Volks is in it. Still hoping for Tightbuds to start one. A few other people have either said they are running one or are thinking about getting one, but no journals yet.

These wheels of bud are the way to go if you aren't worried about plant count - just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Plant count?!?

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow. can someone please pick up my jaw?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

gardener extraordinaire'

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Just another half-@ssed "medicinal" state.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanbisMxmus View Post
    Plant count?!?
    Best way I've seen yet to get out of mowing the lawn every week!

Congratulations on the plants - and on the large pair of brass ones.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. -Mark Twain

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that I grow for others as well , it is legal for me, and this is my full time job (60+ hours/week). Again, I re-iterate: the economy and lack of jobs created this grower. It's really a dream come true, becuase I truly found what I believe is my calling.

As far as numbers go... I have under 300 (including unrooted clones), exact numbers, I'm not sure. Technically, I personally only have 90 (as recommended in my doctors letter), so the rest are plants that I produce for others.

It is an excellent way to not mow the yard (just patches here and there with a weed whacker), not to mention my neighbors are simply outstanding. If they know, they don't care, or are clients (with their recommendation).

Life has a funny way of giving back sometimes, and I guess this is repayment. Cannabis being illegal cost me a few jobs, so now it is providing me with one. I think it's only fair.

The brass ones, well, I think those just grew naturally, after being homeless for almost three years, a person tends to care less what happens to themselves and does whatever it takes to bring about change. It's taken a while (almost two years) to get to the point where I am now, and there's no looking back.

So if it ever seems I am bragging, I am not, I am simply amazed, and extremely happy to be where I am, doing what I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^^
    three cheers for CanbisMxmus

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast