Thread: Volks Grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volks Grow

what was that harvest from ? i know your volks isnt ready yet lol

but props looks very nice

Post Thanks / Like

That was my first harvest of mini clones. I only wish the VG was that fast! LMAO! I used to grow my clones full size, and at one point decided I would try to make extra cash by taking clones to the dispensary. They only tried to lowball me and get something for nothing, so I just kept them. I thought there was enough daylight hours for me to leave them outside, so I did. Next thing I knew, I had lotsa clones going into flower before I thought I was ready. Turns out, I love it, little bud sticks, easy to trim, easy to move, and aside from the caterpillars and mold, easy to maintain. I also took advantage of the situation (I had a few males in some of the seeds I had started) and pollinated the multi varieties with other high grade genetics. My males were: Mr.nice, White Widow, Crystal, and Ice. I open breeded (set the males upwind), so the end result will only be known when I grow them, but they should all be fantastic.

I must've lost 1-2 oz. due to mold from the weather, and caterpillar damage (they make mold too, little bastards) chewing my stems below the tops. I suppose it could have been worse, and I bet I don't let it happen again.

As far as the Volks grow, I am still waiting on my clone stock to root (more). Being as the VG has reverse affect on root development, I am going to try to make them as healthy as possible (using trichoderma & michorrizai along with hygrozyme). I plan on waiting till the clones are about a third of the size I want them to grow to, before placing them in the machine. In case anyone was wondering, yes, it's gonna be a week or two.

In the meantime, I purchased a spin pro trimmer, a.k.a. magic tumble trimmer. It works very well on fresh bud, and fair on dry/semi-dry bud. If the buds are fluff, it will turn them all into a nice pile of trimmings for hash. If they're moderate to dense, then it works nicely leaving only minor touch-up to do by hand. It has saved me hours already, well worth the money.

Thanks for everyones tips, comments and questions!

P.S. I will be posting pics of the spin pro trimmer and it's results for any who'd like to see.

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i would love to see the spin pro at work.

saw it on youtube looked like it works well.
    but 600 smackers? i'd be surprised if it worked that well! lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid $425+tax. When I knocked out about 8 plants (small clones) in an hour, I considered it paid in full. I was hesitant to shell out the bucks when I didn't have as much trimming as frequent as I do now. It replaced my free help, and then some. It's definitely not a conessouir cut, but it is extremely functional, and I think worth the investment. I just wish it worked as well on dried specimens.

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you mean its not a conessouir cut?

it leaves more leaf on than that? i like to leave a coarse trim on my buds.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not bad. I make hash and then butter, so I'm not afraid to cut close. I'm like the indian with the buffalo, nothing goes to waste. Lol
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 05-28-2009 at 03:52 AM.

420 Member, Nug, and Plant of the Month Winner pan4gold49's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow cool machine CanbisMxmus.

Nice looking bud in the trimmer.

Pan4

Post Thanks / Like

thanks.
    yeah, it's quite coarse. . . can you adjust the height of the wire to adjust how close it trims?

Post Thanks / Like

To an extent, there is a nut which acts as a fastener back, and quasi level set, above the eyelet that the wire runs through. The true depth of the cut I believe is going to be the thickness of the grill that it tumbles on. Any adjustment of the distance from wire to the grill really only changes the cut quality. It changes from scissor action to weed wacker, get me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm curious, does the bouncing around on the blades knock any of the tricomes off?

Is there a kief pan or something to recover them?

Post Thanks / Like

looks great and a time saver but no scissor GOOOOO NOOOOO
    BIGmouthBASS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soniq420 View Post
    I'm curious, does the bouncing around on the blades knock any of the tricomes off?

Is there a kief pan or something to recover them?
    As with any movement, yes, but it looks like there's plenty left to go around...

Last edited by Keith Lake; 05-29-2009 at 05:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a catch all basin, it collects all the trimmings. Nothing in particular geared towards resin collecting, though that would definintely be a nice touch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's fantastic, nice pics & thanks for the closeups

What a great timesaver

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sticky gooey goodness

Cheers,
    Maxx

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast