Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Luxx's very first grow

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: luxx's very first grow

Just got in and reading your journal...just curious as to why "I realy want to try a hydro system, i will just use a soil medium for the learning curve." Can you explain to me why you want to use hydro rather than soil?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

good soil is hard to come by here, its all outside, full of pests, and its mostly fertilized soil. So bad for what we need it for basicly. People wonder about you if you go in there and grab 4 bags of potting soil when its 15f outside. Also, for the DWC i did, it was normal for me to walk in a pet store and get what u need. I think it will be better, since you can control what goes to the roots, as opposed to getting some soil, wondering how much of what is in it, Using it, killing your plants (what i think i am going through now.)

You see a lot of soil people switching over to hydro, you hardly ever see a hydro switching to soil, why? I guess i will have to find out what the hype is about.

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression actually that soil is far easier, particularly for the novice grower than hydro. Of course there are extenuating circumstances sometimes, i.e you cant get anything decent where you live I suppose.

Over here you can get soil that is specifically designed for growing the weed so the ferts you can trust.

A lot of this is about confidence tho. If you arent that confident with soil then it probabaly would make sense to try 'coco' which can be reused, meaning less trips to the store, less prone to disease and has no nutrients added at all so it is 100% under your own control.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011