Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Luxx's very first grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: luxx's very first grow

Glad to hear they're recuperating!!! They do look better...

Quote Originally Posted by luxx View Post
    could someone be able to tell me what type of strain/type this bagseed is by looking at the plant?
    I did not realize it was 3:30AM...cracked out playing Oblivion, no wonder I was getting tired lol. Anyway quick post and I'm off to bed, I don't think anyone will be able to identify a strain from the pics but I would guess some kind of hybrid, some look pretty close to pure indica but even that's hard to guarantee.

btw this is is day 25 of flowering. Think im going to go about 40 days into flower before veg.

still thinking about the lst. its good for certian plants, are my plants good for it?

well, suggestions or comments welcome!
    Did I miss something? Are you running them now at 12/12 and going to revert back to veg? Or did you get your flowering/veg terms reversed?

As for LST'ing...try it, give them 3-4 days after initially tying them down and see how the side growth (well, now the top) looks. If it starts to promote a lot of side growth keep it up, you can stop LST'ing at any time and the tip of the main branch will eventually straighten up and grow vertically again. Test it out on a just a few if you're unsure about it, but don't wait too much longer. My runt is about to get bent over like a $2 whore, wish I had started the other two about a week earlier.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Neutrino View Post
    Did I miss something? Are you running them now at 12/12 and going to revert back to veg? Or did you get your flowering/veg terms reversed?
    sorry, no more posting while i am drunk, thanks for catching that, lol

as for lsting, i am going to let that be a second grow objective, my first grow needs to be simplified as much as it can, so i can retain the information, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, been there...done that...more times than I'd like to admit :D

As for the LST'ing I think you should try it on at least one plant just to get a feel for it. I too wanted this grow to be very simplified but I couldn't resist trying it out on one. Then after seeing what began to happen with it I had to do the other ones too Seriously man, do it to one of them...you've got plenty to play with!

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on if you are on good terms and don't have to worry about vacating any time soon. You could flower to determine which plants are female and re-veg to get the girls big. Plants are looking good.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that doing so increased your chance for hermies as the plants are not sexually mature yet and think they have missed the "mating season" so they sometimes develop male and female flowers? Then again there is so much conflicting information out there I have a feeling it's going to boil down to personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think its a real problem. I've seen people take actual buds(immature tho) and re-veg them as clones with no problems.

Seems to me that luxx is doing the same thing in his grow as i did. We started a lot of plants and started weeding out the ones that had slow growth or low tolerance for nutes and heat. When you flower, you're gonna lose 2 or 3 outa 5 as males.
    I think if you can wait, you be better off taking the female with the best genetics and making her a mother plant.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the LST'ing I think you should try it on at least one plant just to get a feel for it. I too wanted this grow to be very simplified but I couldn't resist trying it out on one. Then after seeing what began to happen with it I had to do the other ones too Seriously man, do it to one of them...you've got plenty to play with!
    true, i think you talked me into it. i will try one, and see what happens. do they look ready?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Depending on if you are on good terms and don't have to worry about vacating any time soon. You could flower to determine which plants are female and re-veg to get the girls big. Plants are looking good.
    Not sure about re-veging yet, how long will that set my potential harvest back? (btw, since this is my 1st grow, the strain isnt the best i want to work with, so all of these plants after harvest, will be smoked. Next plants will be the 20 doller seeds, mothered and cloned.)

I thought that doing so increased your chance for hermies as the plants are not sexually mature yet and think they have missed the "mating season" so they sometimes develop male and female flowers? Then again there is so much conflicting information out there I have a feeling it's going to boil down to personal experience.
    well so far, from what i read, it does increase the chances of a mother going hermi. It also seems logical.

I don't think its a real problem. I've seen people take actual buds(immature tho) and re-veg them as clones with no problems.
    i just pictured a bud on a stem, poking through the soil, like that?

Seems to me that luxx is doing the same thing in his grow as i did. We started a lot of plants and started weeding out the ones that had slow growth or low tolerance for nutes and heat. When you flower, you're gonna lose 2 or 3 outa 5 as males.
    I think if you can wait, you be better off taking the female with the best genetics and making her a mother plant.
    yes, i started with about 20 plants, now i am at 10, hoping for at least 4 strong females at harvest.

No mothers on this one, waiting for a extra good strain from a seed bank for that to happen. Just bagseed for this.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the plants are taking off.... too quickly.... i wasnt ready for this height, this soon. A couple are lagging in growth compared to the others, but i need to expect anything with the differant size pots i use and the type of soil i use.

Im gonna redesign the grow area tomorro, pics soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luxx View Post
    i just pictured a bud on a stem, poking through the soil, like that?

yup exactly like that. Just keep going on a set schedule. Try and have it the same every day after you get the room how you like it. That's all flower cycle is, its consistency. See if you can find some sea tea foliar spray. I always hear good things from people that use it but others never seem to because of budget. I think its worth the expense. As would be a small hps light.

Post Thanks / Like

waiting for pic's!

FIRST OUTDOOR GROW 2009 - FOREST

SECOND INDOOR GROW 2009 - WINDOW

FIRST INDOOR GROW 2008-2009 - CFLS

I cant show the love for those who i love,and who love me ... And i dont know why...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

here they are, dont feel like typing cause im high.

Post Thanks / Like

You are off to a great start, man.

Post Thanks / Like

if this is first grow, so this is fantastic!

FIRST OUTDOOR GROW 2009 - FOREST

SECOND INDOOR GROW 2009 - WINDOW

FIRST INDOOR GROW 2008-2009 - CFLS

I cant show the love for those who i love,and who love me ... And i dont know why...

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect, Not much more i can say! Keep it up and you'll have a awesome harvest!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks! it means a lot coming from you guys.

so i purchased a new cab, but it didnt fit in my car, so i left it there. its a hardened resin plastic storage cab. I shoudnt worry about it melting should i?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast