Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Quote Originally Posted by pan4gold49 View Post
    Irish Joe everything looks fine the tips of the one plant look like something got splashed on them most likely nutes. Don't worry about it you'll be fine.
    Your doing a great job.
    +rep for your efford so far.

Pan4
    Thanks for the reassurance pan4gold49 and your right it did get a little splashed with nutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeadTour09 View Post
    High Irish Joe your looking pretty good. FYI I'm not sure if anyone even addressed this but when a plant has purple stems in the seedling stage I believe it means the pH is off, not a good thing, but you're passed that now anyways. A general rule of thumb is flowering indoors usually requires a 1 gal pot, or as close as you can get to that, due to root expansion. Good luck buddy, keep it up!

Thanks for stopping by DeadTour09
    Thanks man for the advice and a bigger pot is on it's way.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    back joe looks like you have been given alot of love to your baby,CharlieMopps this is good advice as i myself had to re-pot some from 2 gal=8" square pots to 3.5 gal=10" round pots you can get them in woodies €5 a pot easily available elsewhere too.
    did you get ferts?veg/flower? if it is bio grow you have you are correct on 15ml-7ltrs maybe just a little high but not much keep it there for another week then raise it, but as you have only 1 plant only mix as much as you need you dont want to leave it sit for longer than 48hrs i believe it can go sour its what i heard and work by and has worked for me, so i suggest you mix 2 ltrs water with 4 ml B.G you could probably flip her? in a week or so. plant looks healthy so your doing well nice branching now lets hope its a girl and if i'm a bettin man and i am i'd say she is a girl keep up the good work
    Whoooooooo I really am glad someone thinks its a girl although I will give it another 10 days or so to find out for sure.

I didn't get the nutes you so kindly recommended, got talking to a fella in Fairyhouse market and he gave me some tomato nutes he said he uses them with good results so I gave them a go and I am happy with them so far, and thanks for the heads up about the pots in woodies, if you were me would you flower it on Sunday or wait a bit longer?

Once again thank you all for looking in and for giving me the advice I so baldy need, I would be lost without you all so

Plant of the Month Winner - April 2008 DEAN420's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joe

Your grow is going nicely and from what i've seen so far i'm enjoying it!
    but have a few suggestions for u.
    You could consider not topping and cleaning up some of the lower leaves and alternating nodes.

By doing this you'll be able to get clones of your female (fingers x) and more importantly creating an airflow underneath the canopy where lights will not reach anyway and send all after growth and future bud production to the top of the plant where its need and the light is.
    How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

If humanity wishes to save itself from biospheric destruction it must return to living in natural time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBoyDean View Post
    Hi Joe

Your grow is going nicely and from what i've seen so far i'm enjoying it!
    but have a few suggestions for u.
    You could consider not topping and cleaning up some of the lower leaves and alternating nodes.

By doing this you'll be able to get clones of your female (fingers x) and more importantly creating an airflow underneath the canopy where lights will not reach anyway and send all after growth and future bud production to the top of the plant where its need and the light is.
    That is very interesting ThatBoyDean do you mean for me to take off the bottom leaves if so how and would this not hurt it and cause it stress, also by doing this it will encourage growth at the plants upper half, I have no plan to take clones as I still have a lot of seeds left, I am only growing one now to see if I can do it, and if I can do it now, I will at least double production next time.

Thanks for the comments and I too am enjoying the grow.

Post Thanks / Like

it will not cause the plant that much stress, probably around the same amount as topping your plant.
    Plus what you got to remember Cannabis is a weed and can withstand more than we think so don't be scared but don't over do it.

If humanity wishes to save itself from biospheric destruction it must return to living in natural time

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

from one irish lad to another ! hope your grow goes well. il be keeping an eye on this thread defo man !

Post Thanks / Like

it will not cause the plant that much stress, probably around the same amount as topping your plant.
    Plus what you got to remember Cannabis is a weed and can withstand more than we think so don't be scared but don't over do it.
    Thanks for the advice Dean but I have not been around for a while had to leave the plant for a short time and when I came back she doesn't look so good, plus I fooked up with the nutes (again) and gave her too much and when I flushed her I flushed her with water with full strenght nutes in and now she looks really bad, nute burn, light burn and curled up leave tips. I dont have the time now but I will post a few pics hopefully tomorrow.

Take it easy man and do look in again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niall4egrow View Post
    from one irish lad to another ! hope your grow goes well. il be keeping an eye on this thread defo man !

Good to see another Irish grower too niall4egrow I have just found out my plant is female and I have just begun flowering her 12/12, two days now, and I can see her getting bigger every morning when the lights go on. But after all her bad luck getting nute burns she also has been getting it from the lights aswell, Don't know if it just me but the 2700k bulbs seem to be a lot hotter and caught me out.

As I said earlier I will post pics tomorrow and for looking in.

Post Thanks / Like

post pic's too see if she can be saved.

Post Thanks / Like

post pic's too see if she can be saved.
    Here are a few pics, I hope I am worrying over nothing and am I right in thinking that the plant is indeed a female?

As you can tell by the lights I started flowering the plant on Monday last and so far so good getting taller by the day.

A little bit of damage to the newer growth.

The damage to the bottom of the plant, I expect to see dead leaves here so I'm asking does this look normal?

And finally am I right in thinking that this is a girl?

in advance for any advice I recieve.

Post Thanks / Like

Close internodular spacing and those look like female pre flowers. Good job Joe. It'll recover from the heat stress just get a better exhaust fan and keep an eye on the bottoms browning, you could have a slightly nute sensitive plant.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good, Irish Joe.
    Not quite sure those are preflowers. Keep an eye on it and if two hairs come out of the same spot, it's a girl. You may want to trim off the lower leaves since they won't get much light, and to improve air circulation.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Close internodular spacing and those look like female pre flowers. Good job Joe. It'll recover from the heat stress just get a better exhaust fan and keep an eye on the bottoms browning, you could have a slightly nute sensitive plant.
    Thanks CharlieMopps I hope your right, exhaust fan I dont have one I am not that good at wiring things like that up but I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    great job man keep it up
    Nice one bigpapa, thanking you too for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by tricome View Post
    Looking good, Irish Joe.
    Not quite sure those are preflowers. Keep an eye on it and if two hairs come out of the same spot, it's a girl. You may want to trim off the lower leaves since they won't get much light, and to improve air circulation.
    Good luck!
    tricome, high and to my journal. I hope these are pre flowers too, I am crap when it comes to uploading pics and I had pics of the white hairs only the pic was to big to upload so I am pretty sure it is a female. It is on my mind to trim the leaves as I was advised to do that earlier but with me I am to scared to pull the leaves off as I dont want to hurt her again.

Now to ask a general question is an extraction fan an absolute must? I tend just to leave the closet door open to let the heat out also I re potted the plant yesterday, I had it in a 10 inch pot and I was amazed at the amount of roots it had, they were all around the outside. So a little tip for everyone who has there plant in a smallish pot replant it before it gets root bound.

Thanks again for the comments I am grateful for them all so please keep it up thats it for now talk to you all soon

Post Thanks / Like

welcome back joe lookin great SHE looks nice, if you can get a small clip on fan and face it toward the door from the back of your closet that should help heat, about the bottom leaves i myself got rid of them but only 3-4 in 1 go, get a razor blade dip in vodka or boiling water for a few mins and cut just under the branch downwards fairly tight to the plant but not too close, you can get die-back if you leave too much of the stem about 3mm should be fine. hope it helps
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast