Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Oh yeah, just get a small oscilating fan from a mega mart, pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    welcome back joe lookin great SHE looks nice, if you can get a small clip on fan and face it toward the door from the back of your closet that should help heat, about the bottom leaves i myself got rid of them but only 3-4 in 1 go, get a razor blade dip in vodka or boiling water for a few mins and cut just under the branch downwards fairly tight to the plant but not too close, you can get die-back if you leave too much of the stem about 3mm should be fine. hope it helps
    Once again resinator thanks for stopping by, and once again that is some great advice just do you mean to cut the whole branch off and leave about a 3mm stump so to speak?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Oh yeah, just get a small oscilating fan from a mega mart, pretty cheap.
    Charlie I have a little fan it's just that I dont leave it on so much as I leave my closet door open to let the heat escape, knowing this do you still recommend a fan.
    And again.

Post Thanks / Like

just cut the fan leaf dont touch the branch at all, thats what i mean by cutting downwards, do you have a temp reading on your closet ? but i would still add the fan for circulation myself. keep it green your doing great
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    just cut the fan leaf dont touch the branch at all, thats what i mean by cutting downwards, do you have a temp reading on your closet ? but i would still add the fan for circulation myself. keep it green your doing great
    resinator I haven't got a clue what the temp is as I dont have a thermometer in the closet or the house I think, can I ask you resinator do you leave your fan on all the time or just for a couple of hours a couple of times a day?

Post Thanks / Like

I had my fans wired on the same timer as my lights.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

tried messaging you there joe.. cant yet havent enough posts...just lookin for a bit of knowhow first man. gonna be growing as soon as im outta the house and back in college.. its a pity tho id grow now if i could im really bored after losin my job for the summer....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    I had my fans wired on the same timer as my lights.
    same as that but only recently they are on 24/7 to try and help some humidity issues, think of it this way it would cause your baby more harm to not add the fan than it would if ya did more benifits for having it on unless it has a cooling effect which would only come into play at lights out. you should get a thermometer in woodies €3 for a cheap 1 €15 for a high / low 1 which would be a good 1 for a closet to see just how high and how low your temps sit at

420 Member, Nug, and Plant of the Month Winner pan4gold49's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good

Pan4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niall4egrow View Post
    tried messaging you there joe.. cant yet havent enough posts...just lookin for a bit of knowhow first man. gonna be growing as soon as im outta the house and back in college.. its a pity tho id grow now if i could im really bored after losin my job for the summer....
    Hey niall thanks for looking in haven't been around for a time but here to post today no need for the pm just ask me anything here and if I can I will help you out, no need to wait so long to grow as it takes weeks to get them to a big size where you need to hide them

Post Thanks / Like

to all who have posted since my last reply I am here with a quick up date and a few pics :58:

Hi everyone 15 days since my last pics, man time flies when your having fun in the sun.
    Ok so my plant has just gotten so big that if it grows another 8 inches it will be looking for a new home, it is now 31 inches tall and 27 inches wide . No real problems since my last couple of posts, she even has taken more and more nutes she seems to love em, she is due another watering tomorrow and it will be her first dose of full strenght nutes so fingers crossed.

Now on to the pics, you will notice the flowers on my plant they came out last Thursday and they are just growing and growing they seem to be coming out all over the place on every single node and on the tips of every branch and the main cola is forming nicely IMO .
    So here is pic 1

Not a great pic I know and the next is basically the same except with the lights turned off

In the next pic you will see is the flowers forming on the ends of some of the branches

I know that they are not very clear I am using an old camera but the next is a little better they are of the main cola, well it's the top of the plant mouth watering stuff even if I say so myself.

And the next one is basically the same.

The damage that was seen in my last pics is still there, I dont think that it got any worse, I think that it has gotten better. The big fan leaves have picked themself's up off the soil and are now freely holding themself's up so I am glad that I didn't cut them off . I no longer worry about how my plant is doing as I got some great advice from an old stoner and some cracking tips from him aswell.
    Well that is it for now dont forget I want your comments good or bad

Post Thanks / Like

Ok,sorry if I missed something Joe but you do realize those are male right?
    "Kindness.It doesn't cost a damn thing.Sprinkle that shit everywhere."

Post Thanks / Like

Shit I have just been told that this is Male and a post here seem to back up what I have been told is this correct.

Any advice please.

Post Thanks / Like

Your kiddin right?

Post Thanks / Like

man it sure looks like a male to me. it was my first thought when i saw the pics you should have posted earlier and more frequent,
    the last pic you can see the sacks at the bottom of the pic male (defo) back to the drawing board dont loose heart though, it was good practice run for the real deal next time you will be more in tune to what a male looks like so you can eliminate them as soon as noticed, keep it up you will get there soon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast