Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

Irish Joe

Strain........ Northern Lights
I believe it is Indica
My plants are 1 weeks old today
Indoor Grow
Soil Grow 40% Organic soil for growing tomatoes 40% John Innes compost #2
20% Perlite
2 Spotlights each 23w at 4000k (these are all I could get)
2 Cfl's 13w at 6500k( I think as given these no packaging)
Growing in a closet well vented no fan no pests
PH around 6.5
Watering only when really needed, since sprout popped they have been watered 3 times and no ferts used so far.
2 plants but I am only going to keep 1 after I get some good advice.

Here are my plants at 3 days old.
temp_003.JPG

temp_001.JPG

temp_004.JPG

In pic 1 the left one I was going to keep she was small and the other looked stretched but yesterday I looked at them and the small one looked burned so panicing I replanted the stretched 1 in a big pot as now I was going to keep her as she looked good here are the pics from yesterday.
temp_0011.JPG

temp_002.JPG

That is the burned one the one I planned to keep from the start, here is the stretched one the one I am now planning on keeping.
temp_0041.JPG

temp_0031.JPG

Do they look alright, Healthy etc, are they small for 1 week old, I can only keep one as my setup only allowes for one which one would you keep and why.
Is my setup ok I know there are no pics of this yet the photos I took are to big to upload so I am working on that but I have 2 spotlights with cfl bulbs inside them at each side and 2 plane cfl's 13w top and bottom.

As this is my first grow I would love some help as I am anxious I am doing something wrong, please reply if only to tell me I am doing something wrong.

Thanks people
Irish Joe.

:thanks:

:welcome:nice start joe lookin good, but if i were you i would wait till you got them a little bigger to sex them, you dont want a male as your only grow so hold on a bit you will get great advice here

peace and crop prosper

Hi Irish Joe first of all good luck with your grow. you will need some kind of air extraction/circulation if you want any chance in your plants growing good. Have you got a osculating fan blowing gently on your seedlings? you will need one to thicken/strengthen up your stems. you've got nute burn because your soil has a bit to much fertilizers in it for such little plants

Thanks Dr Tentgrow, nute burn I will look at the stickies for the solution to that I thought that it was just to close to the light as the other one is in the same soil and doing fine, I am grateful for the input and today I have put a tiny little fan on them as I found out the fan is not only for getting rid of heat it also strenghtens the stem. Thanks man.
Joe.

oh i didn't think of that it may of been the plants getting to close to the lights how close were they? the 1 plant that was OK was that any further away then the others? good man for getting the little fan on them this will definitely help! another good reason for having a fan on them is that once a leaf has used the little bit of air around it there's no more to use the fan pushes this used air away and replaces it with new air.

That is not heat burn, it is nute burn.... The potting soil is probably a bit hot for the young ones. Just give them PH'd straight water and maybe give them some mistings in between watering's. Make sure not to over water them. Once they get their feet under them they should be able to handle the nutes in the soil. The fan should help strengthen them up a bit.You are not feeding them yet, are you?
Good luck, you are in good hands here.. :peace:

oh i didn't think of that it may of been the plants getting to close to the lights how close were they? the 1 plant that was OK was that any further away then the others? good man for getting the little fan on them this will definitely help! another good reason for having a fan on them is that once a leaf has used the little bit of air around it there's no more to use the fan pushes this used air away and replaces it with new air.

Yes man the other one was a little further away, and thanks for the info it is looking slighty better today will wait until tomorrow see what she looks like and post a pic.

That is not heat burn, it is nute burn.... The potting soil is probably a bit hot for the young ones. Just give them PH'd straight water and maybe give them some mistings in between watering's. Make sure not to over water them. Once they get their feet under them they should be able to handle the nutes in the soil. The fan should help strengthen them up a bit.You are not feeding them yet, are you?
Good luck, you are in good hands here.. :peace:

Thanks man I welcome your input, the soil in the pot was a bit hotish so I have repotted them in a bigger pot put a little fan on them and they are sitting a nice distance from the lights its not to hot as I can keep my hand there as long as I like thanks again.
Joe.

As promised here are the pics of my 2 plants one sick and one doing well also my setup.
This is my closet setup
temp_0012.JPG
temp_0021.JPG

Here is the healthy one
temp_0032.JPG

Here is the sick one
temp_006.JPG

Here they are together
temp_005.JPG
temp_007.JPG

The sick one IMO is doing a bit better, I have noticed its stem is a purple ish colour.
As you can see I replanted yesterday into 1 big pot, in the soil I have plastic keeping both sets of roots apart.
I have not feed them yet just water, The PH level of the soil looks to be a perfect 7 and the water has a PH of 6 so am I correct in thinking that the overall PH will be good?
9 days old they are now and I think that they look really small, again I would really like your opinions on them good or bad.
Thanks in advance guys looking forward to your replys.
Joe. :slide:

Fellow growers my plants are now 11 days old and IMO they are doing really well, I am trying to look ahead to the flowering stage but I have not got a clue which Nutes to buy and feed my girls with so here I am looking for advice.

Basically this is all that is available to me in Ireland, do any of you's use these or anything similar I would really appreciate your guidance, I know that you can not see the NPK ratio.
Here is where I can buy from.

Plant & Vegetable Food, plant food

Thanks for any replies.
Joe.

looking good ..... you seem to have plenty of light for them and they aren't stretching...so looks like the growth you will get will be bushy growth ...and from what i have seen in these journals bushy is good. Good luck with grow,will keep checking back for updates.
When it comes to nukes....far as i know numbers are important n/p/k example 11/35/19 is what my flowering plants get. when in veg they need more Nitrogen ....when flowering they need less N and more P and K. But since this is my first grow I would ask around what would be a good nuke program for ya :)

there are grow shops in most of the bigger towns in irl you will get all the nutes you need, where are you ??roughly!! if your N. S. E .W, maybe i can find out for ya where might be close bio bizz or canna ferts in most of them

there are grow shops in most of the bigger towns in irl you will get all the nutes you need, where are you ??roughly!! if your N. S. E .W, maybe i can find out for ya where might be close bio bizz or canna ferts in most of them

To be honest resinator I never thought of trying them out, I'm in Dublin so now I am thinking of trying somewhere around Caple Street I know of, Thanks For the advice. :surf:

They look great! You will want to separate the two growing together. They will compete for root space if you leave them together. ;-)

Ms Fox Thanks for the advice my intention was to replant them both this weekend as they are after getting HUGE I will post pics later today hopefully, :cheer:

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate them all and more of them are welcomed.:slide:

well at least you will get organic ferts there you will only get chem ferts elsewhere, if your going there any time soon i recomend getting the bio bizz range its the cheapest but still not to cheap after you get them all , here is what i got
Picture_413.jpg
you can get 1 at a time bio grow first then bio bloom for flowering and top max and there is a P/K solution too to use each can cost around €17-€20 there is another in that range called bio heaven €45 a bottle haven't used it myself but i heard some good things about it so i might get some soon

well at least you will get organic ferts there you will only get chem ferts elsewhere, if your going there any time soon i recomend getting the bio bizz range its the cheapest but still not to cheap after you get them all , here is what i got
Picture_413.jpg
you can get 1 at a time bio grow first then bio bloom for flowering and top max and there is a P/K solution too to use each can cost around €17-€20 there is another in that range called bio heaven €45 a bottle haven't used it myself but i heard some good things about it so i might get some soon

resinator that info is priceless thank you so much, I will be in town tomorrow and I will get some, BTW my plan was to wait until flowering to give nutes as the soil they are in is good for 4 weeks or so. I am thinking bio bloom for feeding them is that correct?
Many thanks for your help again resinator +more rep to you.:goodjob:

:ganjamon:no problem joe we all need a helpin hand and i'll try anyway,
make sure to give them a good flush just before flower. you should get bio bloom and top max for flowering, use 1/4 strenght for the first week of feeding 1/2 the following week and then full strenght from there on in.:popcorn:
but just keep an eye on how they look as not to cause any nute burn, you may need to reduce or add depending on the plants growth. you may need a P.K 13/14 solution for the 5th week which helps fatten up buds and make them juicy and after a week of that there would be a 2 week flush to harvest ....... this may not suit you but its the regime i have for my grow as its my first grow too dont just take my word for gospel.
you should checkout some completed journals and continuing 1's too it would surprise you just how much ya can learn from them its where i got most of my info..... just if your curious for the info everything helps and i do mean everything LOL:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom