Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Chump's First

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chump's First

The weather has totally sucked here. Today was the first day with no rain, in over a week. The other 3 are doing good. I have to prop up the little one, the top is so heavy that it falls over now. I found it on the ground today.

420 Plant of the Month: 2nd Place Winner PotPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Ms. chump stain. That LST plant turned out really nice. Good luck with the rest of the harvest. +reps

Post Thanks / Like

There's frost this morning. The ash tray that's out on our balconey has filled up with water from all the rain, and it's solid ice right now. I hope those other 3 make it!

Post Thanks / Like

Ms. Chump Stain, don't know how I missed this grow, but I read from beginning. Sorry to hear about the early harvest. I could bring them in and put them under CFL's to finish. Just make sure they are 2700K and theywill do fine. Add a fan and you be underway with an indoor grow. You had mentioned that you would doan indoor grow this winter, still on? You did a wonderful job on the LST and the other plants are looking very healthy as well. Excellant journal and grow. +reps
    GMT1975A

First Grow New Facilities

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I took a peak at your journal a few times, while thinking about an indoor grow. Nice work! Looks like it's going to be unseasonably low temps for a few more days. Weather guy last night says our temps are closer to middle of November, rather then October. I cant wait to get a head just a little so I can go buy some lights. We're so broke it's unbelieveable.

Post Thanks / Like

Ms.Chump, we had to use money from harvest to invest into lights and equipment. Bought a little at a time to build up to where we are at so far. So, did you look into the medical yet? It is so nice knowing we can grow legally!
    GMT1975A

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, my wife has the doctors note. Still have to send off $100 for the card though. Probably next week. Maybe someday we'll set up a grow as sweet as yours! I'm just stoked that we can grow outdoors now. Which now I'm seeing it's kind of tough. During the summer months it was a piece of cake. But now that the weather dropped overnight practicly, it's a battle. I think we'll get something that finishes early for next years outdoor. And maybe do some NL or something for indoor. I really don't want to go bananas right away with a ton of high powered bulbs. If I could do what, DFW Guy did with 5 CFLs over the winter, that would be sweet!

We really don't have enough to sell, and still have some for ourselves. I really just want to grow enough to not have to pay for it. After hanging out at my Dads last summer, and enjoying the nice buds, I feel like I'm getting ripped off when I buy it off the street. It's full of seeds, compressed, harsh, and you name it. I call it dirt weed.

Yeah, we're over near Detroit, I saw that you're from the GR area. Nice meeting you, and killer journal!

Post Thanks / Like

Ms.Chump. I appreciate the kind words. We use CFL's on all our grows, just finish them under the 400 watt HPS. Our first grow was under CFL only, and it worked out great. The Autoflowers were done under CFL, but did put them on the deck a few days when it was warm and sunny. Maybe try an autoflower strain for winter gro..10 weeks from seed to weed. Leave he lights on 24/0 or 22/2 the entire grow, just water/feed as needed. You have a great grow going, and the LST was excellant!
    GMT1975A

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Picking out seeds as we speek. Of course I can't afford to buy 'em right now. But I'll take what I learned from this year's grow, and hopefully have a killer grow next summer.

Yeah, I like the autoflower idea for indoors.

Time to go out into the 40 degree weather and water the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. chump stain View Post
    If I could do what, DFW Guy did with 5 CFLs over the winter, that would be sweet!
    I'm sure you can, it's not hard. You just have to be creative with the things you have lying around the house. For example my lights are hung from a bent clothes hanger lol.
    DFW Guy
    \\He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man//
    Poor, CFL, Stealth, maybe a little luck?
    DFW-guy rocks the box!

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like I'm gettin' in on the tail end of this one - but sure does look like ya did wonderful with the one that's harvested and still 2 more to go!

I hope you can get something going indoors like dfw-guy has too! My goodness did he do fantastic with small hidden areas and DIY. He has some real nice plants!

((((Granny hugs)))) and sure do hope you and the misses are enjoyin' the first rewards!
    GREEN GRANNY HUGS TO ALL!!!

Granny420

Granny420's 1st Indoor Grow (2009) - 9 Strains: Chronic, White Widow, Medijuana, Blueberry, Cheese, LD, G13 Haze, Thai Tanic, AK-47
    Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver (2011): How to make your own feminized seeds from auto-flowering or non-auto strains.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, we've sampled the results, a little green tasting (still curing) but massive buzz. I've only sampled a couple of the smaller buds cause they're a bit dryer then the big buds. I cant wait until it's cured all the way! Oh yeah BTW we have 3 more going, not 2

I think I like the autoflowering for outdoor, now that I think about it! Just to finish off early to avoid the frost. Plus I could maybe even do mulitple harvests per summer. Don't know yet, I have a few strains in mind for both outdoor and in.

So far for outdoors I like; Early Skunk from Sensi Seeds. Even addresses my concerns in the description. And I also like The Church from Green House. Sounds like a real nice strain, that will finish early with a good harvest.

For indoors I like Northern Lights x Big Bud by World Of Seeds. Sounds like I would get a good yeild, and good quality indoors with this strain. And maybe a White Widow, or Skunk. I like to stick with strains I've heard of, just so I can see if they're all that.

Automatic Blueberry or an Automatic AK47 sound killer! I have smoked both of those before and liked it! I've also tried Northern Lights, Diesel, Master Kush, and who knows whatever I'm rambling.

Post Thanks / Like

10/14/09
    The last 3 standing.

I planted 5, and 1 was a female.
    My friend gave me 10, and 3 were female with one herme.
    Now we're down do the last 3 that were a gift from my friend. I think she heard me talking about doing a grow, and thought it would be fun to try herself. So she got these 10 little plants started, just to see (I think) if she could do it. Then brought them to me as a gift. I don't know if she gave up, got scared, or thought of me the whole time. But whatever the reason, it was a blessing!

Here's the short fat girl.

Her top half is so heavy I had to tie her to the pot cause she kept tipping it over. Can't see the yarn in this pic.

Here's what she looks like up close

Here's the tall skinny girl. Probably because she out grew her pot durring veg. She was also the last to bloom, so maybe she's just late to the party. Is it too late to transplant?

The tall skinny girls close up.

And the current Queen of the balcony. The tall thick girl.

She's thick with bud sites everywhere!

Hopefully the weather holds out for these girls. They may have survived this high humidity cold front that cut short the LST. Probably because they wern't so thick with bud yet. We're supposed to get some warm sunny days in the next few days or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Ms. Chump, I wouldn't do a transplant at this late time. To much stress, just better to chaulk it up to experience, maybe use bigger pots in the future. The plants look healthy and green, so hopefully they can finish before the weather turns worse. You might have to move them indoors under CFL to finish, or chop early :( . Sending sunshine your way, keep it green!
    GMT1975A

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing is, even if I got the bulbs and the fixtures today, I don't think they will fit in my closet where I planned on growing. The short fat girl will. I'll take some measurments. Cause I may be able to get some CFLs and fixtures pretty cheap. DFW Guy had the prices from Walmart posted in his journal, and it wasn't bad.

Getting out the tape mesure...

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast