Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Chump's First

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chump's First

If you use those CFL floods, you wan't them *all* pointing down at your plants because the light is focused and more directional than regular CFL's.

Direct light will work much better than reflected.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get some Y splitters and run my 6 bulbs through 3 fixtures. Right now I have it set up with 6 bulbs through 2 fixtures that have T style adapters.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. chump stain View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get some Y splitters and run my 6 bulbs through 3 fixtures. Right now I have it set up with 6 bulbs through 2 fixtures that have T style adapters.
    I think the Y splitters will work much better than the T's.

You can use zip ties to secure the Y's to the fixtures, because sometimes the weight of the bulbs will require it.

can't wait to see you grow those yummy strains!

Post Thanks / Like

Seeds are on their way! Yeah home dePOT was out of the Y splitters, so I just took what they had. I'll go back and get them and another fixture.

I can't wait until that Diesel is finished! That's some good stuff!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW the short fat girl looks like it has blue/purple leaves! Very cool looking buds too!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, she had some crazy colors going. She looked to be getting darker, so I'm glad we chopped her down. She had the biggest buds out of the 3 plants. I have to get a pick of that main cola all trimmed!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good!!
    Have you thought about bigger pots this time?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.....and some really great strains comming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuuji0019 View Post
    Sounds good!!
    Have you thought about bigger pots this time?

Not for indoors, just because we have limited space, so I think I want to keep them small, like the short fat girl. We'll probably use those same pots. Outdoors, next year, we're using the biggest pot's we have!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Our seeds arrived today. Probably going to plant them tommorow on my day off. I've had good sucess just planting the seed. I think out of the 6 seeds I've planted, only 1 didn't germinate. But that was outdoors. I'm thinking I might just plant them the old fashoned way, just because trying to germinate them, (and then plant) seems like an easy way for me to screw them up. I know you're not supposed to touch them and whatever.

Who thinks I should just take my chances, plant them in the pot, and add water. Or, who thinks I should germinate them first, and then transplant them into the soil?

Oh yeah.. I got the lights worked out better. I have 6 120w eq. CFL flood lights for 3 plants. I also have room to add 4 additional bulbs to my setup using the T adapters I had originally. Do you think 2 CFL floods would be good per plant? They will be next to eachother, so they will kind of be sharing the light. But basiclly 2 lights per plant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. chump stain View Post
    Yeah! Our seeds arrived today. Probably going to plant them tommorow on my day off. I've had good sucess just planting the seed. I think out of the 6 seeds I've planted, only 1 didn't germinate. But that was outdoors. I'm thinking I might just plant them the old fashoned way, just because trying to germinate them, (and then plant) seems like an easy way for me to screw them up. I know you're not supposed to touch them and whatever.

Who thinks I should just take my chances, plant them in the pot, and add water. Or, who thinks I should germinate them first, and then transplant them into the soil?

Oh yeah.. I got the lights worked out better. I have 6 120w eq. CFL flood lights for 3 plants. I also have room to add 4 additional bulbs to my setup using the T adapters I had originally. Do you think 2 CFL floods would be good per plant? They will be next to eachother, so they will kind of be sharing the light. But basiclly 2 lights per plant.
    Congrats on the seeds! Now you be ready to rock with an indoor grow. As far as germinating, I pefer the direct to soil, just so I don't have to transplant. This last batch, MDVL used rockwool cubes and had 4 out of 4 germinate. You should be fine with the number of lights. What is the kelvin rating on the bulbs ( I don't remember reading of any)? The ones you have will probably work just fine anyhow. Keep up the great work.
    GMT1975A

First Grow New Facilities

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMT1975A View Post
    Congrats on the seeds! Now you be ready to rock with an indoor grow. As far as germinating, I pefer the direct to soil, just so I don't have to transplant. This last batch, MDVL used rockwool cubes and had 4 out of 4 germinate. You should be fine with the number of lights. What is the kelvin rating on the bulbs ( I don't remember reading of any)? The ones you have will probably work just fine anyhow. Keep up the great work.

I like direct to final pot too.

Why not avoid transplant shock, if possible?

Can't wait to see your next grow, ms. chump stain!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I like the idea of just planting them in the pots they'll be in. I don't like all that transplanting stuff. So I think that's what I'll do. And, do you have to have the lights on right away? Or let them crack their shell in the dark, then turn on the lights?

Oh yeah, anyone know if there is an affordable PH gauge out there? I don't want to spend more then $10 or so.

2nd Place Plant, and 3rd Place Member of the Month Winner Spike69's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

way to go Ms. Chump some great looking buds there.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to water before you plant, that way the seed doesn't get washed away. For less than $10 the only thing you can get are PH test strips. I think with the light you have you can expect around the same results as with my grow. The more light you can get, the bigger the buds.
    DFW Guy
    \\He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man//
    Poor, CFL, Stealth, maybe a little luck?
    DFW-guy rocks the box!

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast