Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Chump's First

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chump's First

Thanks gang! I tried to get a pic, but my battery is dead on the camera. So I have my grinder and my pipe here to keep me occupied while the battery charges. It's so awesome to have so much good bud! I'm hooked on growing.

Nothing really to see, just a little baby girl. Hopefully the other 2 pop! I'll be bummed if one or 2 beans dont sprout. I only have 3, and it took 2 weeks for them to come, so if I have to order some more, they'll be way behind. If only one sprouts, then I'll change my strategy. Maybe use the biggest potter we have, throw all my lights on it, and give it a longer veg time to maximize the size and yeild. I also got some 100w eq. CFLs to go with the floods. I didn't see the kelvin ratings on them, but they are 1600 lumins. Whatever that means.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it common for 1 out of 3 beans to pop first? Given 3 seeds with almost the exact same environment, planted the same, watered the same, does it sound normal for 1 to pop first?

Post Thanks / Like

"Kelvin is a unit increment of temperature and is one of the seven SI base units. The Kelvin scale is a thermodynamic (absolute) temperature scale where absolute zero, the theoretical absence of all thermal energy, is zero kelvin (0 K)." Whereas Lumens is a measurement of light intensity, ie the brightness or candle power (candelas) of the light. That ends todays physics lesson...lol. 6500K bulbs are in the blue spectrum(bright white bulbs) and 2700K are in the red spectrum(soft white bulbs). The blue spectrum is better for vegging and the red spectrum is better for flowering. Hope that helps in someway.
    GMT1975A

First Grow New Facilities

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Maybe someday I'll know what you're talking about. I just hope I can grow with the bulbs I have, and not have to start over, I thought I picked up the right ones. They were basiclly the biggest and brightest bulbs that Home Depot had in CFLs. 6 floods, and 3 regular with room for 1 more.

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is a journal, so I'm posting my list of strains that I might use for growing outside next summer. I need to post this, because I'm going to clear my shopping cart, and choose some more strains for a 2nd indoor when this one finishes.

Next years outdoor strain candidates

• Green House - The Church
    • Sensi - Early Skunk
    • Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese
    • Green House - Great White Shark
    • Delicious - Northern Light Blue
    • Lowlife - Automatic Blueberry
    • Joint Doctor - Lowryder #2 x AK47
    • Sweet - Big Devil Automatic

I need to break it down to 2 automatics, and 6 early finishing feminized plants. All of the strains listed finish early, or autoflower. And they're all feminized seeds. I just need 1 more early finisher, and help me narrow down the automatics. Any advice?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. chump stain View Post
    Is it common for 1 out of 3 beans to pop first? Given 3 seeds with almost the exact same environment, planted the same, watered the same, does it sound normal for 1 to pop first?

Yep, very normal.

Some are overachievers, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The roadrunner autoflower fem looked really interesting - check out Southernweeds last grow. 60 days planted to harvested

The red devil is a 60 day variety as well I believe but I've never seen it grown

The auto blueberry is supposedly very tasty but a low yielder - so something to consider depending on what you're priorities are

Post Thanks / Like

The Diesel has popped! Alright! Thanks for the strain suggestion Soniq420.

Does anyone think I should start this grow in a new journal? Just so it doesn't get too deep in pages and stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soniq420 View Post
    The roadrunner autoflower fem looked really interesting - check out Southernweeds last grow. 60 days planted to harvested

The red devil is a 60 day variety as well I believe but I've never seen it grown

The auto blueberry is supposedly very tasty but a low yielder - so something to consider depending on what you're priorities are

Love the Blueberry auto's, had 3 of them with varying yields, smallest was nearly 2 ozs dried. The AK47 and the AK47 x HinduKush was also excellant.
    GMT1975A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. chump stain View Post
    The Diesel has popped! Alright! Thanks for the strain suggestion Soniq420.

Does anyone think I should start this grow in a new journal? Just so it doesn't get too deep in pages and stuff?
    Glad ya got another batch startin!! Your light will do just fine, besides, you can tweek them as you go along. As far as starting another Journal, tis your choice, but in my opinion, it makes it easier to follow.
    GMT1975A

Post Thanks / Like

new journal plz, this way we can follow from the beginning (page 1)
    cant wait ill be keeping an eye out

Cannabis Connoisseur The Butcher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see this next run. I enjoyed reading through this journal. Its nice to see women growwers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys all seeds have popped!

I think I will start a new journal, just to make it easier to navagate. So moderator, next time you're here, can you move this to completed journals? Thanks, and I'll post a link to the new journal in this journal when it's up and running.

Thanks again guys! Keep the strain suggestions comming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've moved your journal to our completed archives per your request Ms. chump stain

I have enjoyed watching your first grow, even the part with the big shears for the males, which usually makes me squeamish

We're looking forward to following your next effort, please post a link here for all the people following you and we'll stop back and add it to your signature for you.

Much peace and respect to you from 420 Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Soniq420 you've been a great help through all of this.

Here's the new journal. I hope everyone joins me over there!

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...st-indoor.html

Thanks everyone!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast