Thread: WheelO's - 360#2 - Auto Collection galore

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WheelO's - 360#2 - Auto Collection galore

Weighed 12 at .27g, 43 per gram @20 each. 20 for skywalker, my hearts' desire. Useless number, sorry.
    Last edited by Propa Gator; 06-20-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: doh

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. thats ok,

yeah, doesn't really mean anything.

but i feel your point, my wheel is feeling pretty hungry after that mishap.
    at least i can start these lemon skunk, and i should be able to get some more soon, actually, this is turning out ok, not filling it and just steady feeding it new girls. i should get a pretty continuous supply for myslef in a couple months.

also in a couple months i should have a steady supply of seeds to make her happy, and then i can decide if i want to run a massive monoculture all at once.

considering yield/seed. it is still cheaper than buying it on the street, and much much much better/safer/funner.

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good! Mistakes are valueable as long as they are learned from. Seems you have things under control again. Nice.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedSoul View Post
    OntarioDude, I hope you one day have time to scan the information contained within your binders into .pdf files or something. I bet much of it would make excellent sticky thread material in a potential Wheel forum; it's looking like there is increasing interest and almost certainly plenty of lurkers. I've been wondering how many views these threads have been getting from members and guests.

Oh, and I am personally curious as to which 10-12 week strains the author of your info felt was worth growing in a setup with limited space/plant. I would think that there must have been something special about them to deal with that long of a flowering period in a wheel.
    I had just finished a session with the Volcano when I read this post... I took one look over at the two 3" 3 ring binders with about 500 pages in each, with writing on both sides of the pages and thought, I'd rather do another vape

But seriously taking 1000 pages of hand written material scanning them into PDF files doesn't sound like just couple of hours work.... Some of the notes look like math equations, still trying to figure those ones out...lol

You were curious as which strains he ran in the wheel with results; here is some of the notes from one of his grows. It actually looks like a pedigree....

Speed Queen (f)
    SQH (f)
    Queen Haze Hush (f) Haze (m)
    Hindu Kush (m)

Batch #3 ------

White Russian (f)
    White Russian Mazar (m)
    Mazar (m)

I may need to be corrected if I am interpreting this wrong, But it seem like he took a Speed Queen (f) and crossed it with haze = SQH (f) then crossed that with Hindu Kush (m) = Queen Haze Hush (f) crossed that with his White Russian Mazar cross = Batch #3 seeds

Further on down the same page he seems to have grown some mothers from the Batch #3 seeds, then took clones at the second nodes, rooted them and veged for 10 days topped them and put into wheel for 11 weeks. He catalogs all the growth rate progress and results...

Personally a little beyond my scope of growing...lol.. I am trying my hand at "Growing in the Wheel 101 Class", ... not anything like I have tried to explain above. This guy had been doing grows with decades of soil, Hydro & DWC experience. I don't see myself having the time or the knowledge at this stage to play forensics or trying to duplicate the above crosses which probably took quite some time before he ended up with batch #3. Mind you I would love to get my hands on some of these Batch #3 seeds and start from there, because after reading his closing notes on this grow, he had some really killer weed with a long lasting high.

Well back to the Volcano......

Cheers,
    OD

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo OD,

If you are not going to make use of the text perhaps you would part with it so that it could be published here possibly for decyfering.

Cheers,
    Maxx

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxximus View Post
    Yo OD,

If you are not going to make use of the text perhaps you would part with it so that it could be published here possibly for decyfering.

Cheers,
    Maxx
    Hey Maxx,
    I was pretty high when I wrote my last post...lol Gota love the Volcano...

It's not that I'm not going to make use of the text, rather I'm at a level 1 in rotational growing as this is my first turn of the wheel, mind you I do feel somewhat at ease because I am following the step by steps to a fairly easy grow. I don't think it would be wise for me to try a level 20 grow.... Dang.... still high...lol.. Okay its like you have to learn to walk before you can run. Some of the information to a newbie wheeler is fairly easy to follow, but at the same time I would hate to attempt the crossing of strains as mentioned in my last post for a first time grow using the wheel.

I also noticed when I re-read my last post, I didn't type the strains he used as they appeared (seem that they were automatically left justified after I posted it) I actually typed them in like a pedigree but thats not what the final result looked like... Oh well.

I will hopefully be talking to author and previous owner of my wheel sometime in the next couple of days to give him a status update on how my first turn is going. I will also make a note of asking him if he minds if I shared some or all of his materials in their entirety with an online grow community.

Well time to go and look in on the ladies and see how they are coming along.

Cheers,
    OD

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than the DaVinci code, the Wheel Master Grows.

420 Nug of the Month Winner 2nd Place Member of the Month (Mar 10') WheeloFortune's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OD,

that is precisely what I am trying to do, breed wheel seeds.

Post Thanks / Like

I am gonna attempt to start my seeds in RW again. I want to get it down because it is what I have to use in the wheel.

I hope I do better this time, but i am pretty sure i know what i did wrong, so I think this time should be fine.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    Better than the DaVinci code, the Wheel Master Grows.

Hey PG,
    too funny, I laughed as much as when my wife came into the room where I had my Omega Garden set up! I had the wheels turning but no trays and both lamps on she walk in the room and said "HollyShit! It's a StarGate"

Cheers,
    OD

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WheeloFortune View Post
    OD,

that is precisely what I am trying to do, breed wheel seeds.
    Awesome WOF,
    What do you think of the crosses of seeds he used as I mentioned in my last post "Batch #3"? IF you have access to those strains give it a try, I'm more than sure you will be pleased with the results. I see where he used Haze which is purely a tall Sativa plant with a 14 week flowering period and crossed it with a Speed Queen which is mostly Indica with an 8 week flowering period. I looked up all the strains in his Batch #3, and it was very interesting to see the varieties he selected to breed with each other to develop one that did well in the wheel. He said it was definitely a connoisseur's smoke, the only drawback was the 11 week finishing time. He has other strains that would finish in 6-7 weeks, so I guess it just comes down to preference of smoke and if your growing for personal use only. A guerrilla grower is not going to take 11 weeks to finish, when he could pull 2 yields in 12-14 weeks.

Cheers,
    OD

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WheeloFortune View Post
    I am gonna attempt to start my seeds in RW again. I want to get it down because it is what I have to use in the wheel.

I hope I do better this time, but i am pretty sure i know what i did wrong, so I think this time should be fine.
    WOF,
    Do you start yours directly in the 3" cubes or do you use the 1.5" cubes till they root then transfer those cubes into the 3"?

What do you think went wrong the first time?

Cheers,
    OD

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go to a funeral, so i was out of town for a few days,
    I left them in too much water and it didnt evaporate as fast as i thought it would.
    also I didn't have them in my incubator, i had them out under a 250w MH.
    most of them cracked but died, i think too much water was the main culprit.
    luckily half of those seeds were free due to a shipping error from the seed bank.

i started the last ones in 1" cylindrical RW. this batch will be in 1.5" cubes because its what i have lying around.

about the seeds,
    were any of those autoflowers? I'm trying out all autoflowers because it should allow me to fill my wheel very quickly with out keeping any mother stock. (besides the other benefits) If those were personal crosses that he bred himself, then I wouldn't know much about them. also there would be no way for me to get any.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of breeding, I had never really intended on doing so, but all the benefits are just too much too pass up. Not having to worry about losing varieties, being able to select the healthiest subjects for mothers, and multiple other reasons. It only makes sense, and it saves a ton of money. It's kind of stress relief, if you screw up a handful of seeds (and I have...), it's not a big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ and its fun too.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast