Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Burmese Kush, Mystery Top, SCROG Female

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Burmese Kush & SCROG Female.

Hey I read through your journal so far and am all caught up.

You keep saying you want alot of bud, why not just grow without a screen? You have plenty of vertical space. If you just trim off some of your lower branches then you will have bigger top buds. And the lower branches will give you clones that you can use!

Let me know.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read everyone's replies and thankyou.
    so I guess I couldve gone vertical but for now Im using a duct booster which isnt cooling the box as well as id like but its managable with temps at 76-84. So I dont mind vegging for another month if I gotta I just want as manny nig colas/ buds as i can get.

I should be ASKING what I need to do rather than try and guess. So fellow grwers what should I be doing as of now.
    MellowMan has been a huge help and Im up to par with how to scrog pretty much however please keep up with my journal everyone and justa few pointers help someone like me ALOT. thanks keep it coming.

So for now Ill continue my VEG and continue letting vertical nugs get weaved and Ill keep posting pics.

Heres some info as of today.
    -Three 4 gallon pots I give a gallon of water between the three. (1.25 liters each)
    -Foxfarm nutes Grow Big every other water. (Rainwater, distilled water 50/50every watering i can)
    -Topped and FIm'd all plants all are almost 8 weeks old from seed.
    -Scrog for almost a week now under 400w MH
    -temps humid.= 76-84. 35-45%
    -I mist them twice a day almost it seems like, ( I only mist with natural rain water)
    -Soil Ocean Forrest, Hydroton, Lime, Perlite, Coco. (60-5-5-20-10) ratio

Post Thanks / Like

No way 75% percent and you will end up with massive overgrowth. I have had to deal with it the first scrog I did and yields where way low and very leafy because of it. Switch over at 50% full give or take a few bud sites. I have a 400 watt and it is doing nicely actualy its overkill you could easily get away with a 250 watt. Let it fill the whole screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously do not wait any longer past 50% or you will over stuff the screen and with that type of wire you really risk cutting into your stems and ephing up your plant. Please keep in mind plants stretch 2-3x their length in the first 21-28 days of 12/12.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man just stopping in to say hey and keep up the good work. Its a lot to take in on your first scrog and you will lurn a whole lot. My plants are budding nicely and should have a record harvest. Just keep asking questions and keep on keeping on lol...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok heres a screen shot, today i was able to weave 3 or 4 budsites down but others still need a little more growth. Let me know what percentage you think this screen is already.

Also should i be pulling the budsites more toward the middle or will they all pretty much get good light?

This is going to be a plant by plant picture shot I need to know.
    -How much trimming should be done underneath once I switch, or when is the best to take cutting and remove fans.
    -How much space do I have left EXCLUDING the bottom right part of the screen I have another plant Im putting in that part.

Heres my big question, in this picture my finger is pointing at a new budsite on one of my main weaved branches.
    ----Are these little flowers going to be there own cola now to since they will only continue to grow vertically as the branch grows horizontal.?????

So then as I switch to flowering I should not weave this little sites as they stretch or should I?

Heres some groups. Stems are really swelling, Im hoping for a record harvest as mellowman said.

My smallest one, but catching up.

My topped plant.

Canopy shot, I did minor trimming already to this one as a test.

FIM'd plant 8 weeks veg.

Canopy shot of FIM'd plant

And here the group.. Im thinking it is pretty close to 30-40 %??? Maybe another two weeks or so

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good. I think now is a good time to give the plants 24 hours in the dark and start them on 12/12. Wait a couple days after the switchover before you pull all the growth under the screen again.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reply charlie,

Im leaving town for the weekend I really wanted to let them go for another week or so but im doing a lot of forum surfing and checking out other peoples and theyres are a bit bigger than mine so i think i WILL switch to 12/12 next week sometime.I'd like to water them at least two more times before i switch. so well see..

what you guys think????? I am def. prepared to let these go as long as possible, I want some nice kush nugs.. hah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man I have a big reply waiting for ya tonight with all your questions. I'm at work but for now don't switch your light yet you are about 10 percent full. You definetly have another 14 days at least

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick thanks mellow you help is greatly apprec. 10% that what i thought so good deal atleast anothwr couple weeks . Ill b waiting for ur reply mellow thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Okay to answer all of your questions respectively...

-First count your holes then count the number of budsites and then find what percent of budsites there are compared to the number of holes to get your percent.

-They all will get good light that is the idea of a scrog. Just make sure to place them apart from each other so they dont shade each other out. Your goal is one budsite per hole.

- Wait until you switch to 12/12 to trim out all of your undergrowth. You can do it now but I find that it really promotes quick bud growth on the canopy to do it right as you switch to 12/12.

- I recommend a plant per square foot and it looks like you have about four square feet so you would be fine with 4 plants.

- Yes each leaf budlet of new growth will become a budsite/cola when switched to 12/12 fan leaves obviously will not.

- You should weave them in to keep the canopy all starting from the net. You do not want your budsites to grow tall above the net or else you will end up with more salad than buds. Each bud should start to grow right above the net.

I hope that answers all of your questions but every thing looks really great and really green. Really I am impressed that things look as good as they do for your first scrog. Just keep up the good work retain as much knowledge as you can and hopefully you will be able to teach someone else how to scrog next time around. God I love this site!

Peace

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Mellow huge help youve been i cannt wait til i switch but def atleast another couplecwks Ill give yall the update wen i get back into town.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here an update, gave them some water today.

Came home and this is how much they grew.

From the side ( I already scrog'd one so you could see the diff.)

A couple close ups after I weaved the tops and fans.

Around 20-30% full now?

What you guys think

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner MOTAvation's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plants are looking great and the screen is filling in nicely,
    How long till you switch to 12/12?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a runt weave the two bigger plants toward the screen that has no plant in it while waiting for the runt to catch up. Or you could switch them in 4-6days and cut your losses but the two big ones look about 35 percent

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast