Burmese Kush, Mystery Top, SCROG Female

GhettyGreen184

Hello everyone, im back a second time with an entire new setup. My last grow was GForce by Flying Dutchmen.

I purchased a new set of female seeds from THSeeds- Burmese Kush Female. I did a lot of research on these plants, they are fairly new however the first batch of burmese kush seeds that THS produced was almost a 100% Sativa. After a year of being sold out of Burmese on SeedBoutique they finally get a new batch of Female so i purchased!! I was also given two female mystery top seeds for free from a friend.
MY new setup is a custom grow cab.
-Running a 150w mh with warm spectrum for Vegging, Two weeks prior to flower im getting a 400 HPS (And I know about the MH, im going to get a blue spectrum soon hopefully! however the light was free so...you know.)
-Plenty of air movement with 3 fans at 117CFM.
-Ocean Forrest soil with 50/30/20 Soil, Coco, Perlite. with an addition of hydrated lime.
-Just began foxfarm growbig very small dose. Plan on using FoxFarm Big Bloom and FloraNectar in Flower with an ending week flush.
-I have a SCROG net built for this box as well so after a few more weeks of Veg I will introduce that.

3 Topped plants, with a SCROG and am going to purchasing a 400w hps for the begining of flower throughout.
I figure at about .7- 1.0 gram perwatt, my GOAL is 8-10 oz on this grow. With an adequite veg. period will this be possible, also I NEED HELP!! please veterans stick with my thread and let me know how im doing this time around.

Here are a couple shots
3 weeks veg. topped at the 6th node. here are two.
-4.jpg

Left plant
-5.jpg

Right Plant
-6.jpg

Blurry pic.
-7.jpg

Here are two other plants, the left is Burmese and the right is my HURT mystery top.

-8.jpg

Heres a closer pic of my mystery top. It isnt topped but after the roots came out of the grow bag a little i transplanted and its looked kinda hurt ever since.... any ideaS?
-9.jpg

But anywho thanks for looking in my thread, hopefully this will be a great and stinky grow.:yummy: More pics to come soon.

Here is the burmese kush by the way for those who arent firmiliar.
Burmese_P22110242_jpg.gif

re: Burmese Kush & SCROG Female.

Pardon me PT I was wayy stonned when I wrote that...not thinkn.
anywho. I transplanted about 5 days ago when I got home from a 3 day vaca. I also began 18/6 about a week ago and my last watering had 2 drops of FFGB to the Gallon. They seem to like that. I also took of 70% of every fan leave that had the bruising. they look almost like clone leaves now. Should I simply just remove the whole fan leave from stem or leave it now?

Today is day 35 from seed. Day 10 from when the were topped. They are currently on 18/6 and just got the second dose of FFGB at 1.5 tsp/gallon. Im using 2/3 rainwater and 1/3 distilled. Ph of water going in is around 6.5-7.

How long of a veg am i looking at from here on out and should I let them hit the scrog and begin to fill before I switch or switch before they hit.

--*Currently using a 150w mh with cfl's. Next week my new 400w mh/hps digi will be here :cheer:.
Digital_400w_ULT_EURO_Gallery.jpg

Im planning on using the mh 400w for the remainder of the veg. so hopefully I can get all out of my veg growth.

Like i said Im hoping for around .8- 1.0 gram per watt. How long of a veg am I looking at for a SOLID 6-8 oz. harvest.????

Also should I start scroging the branches from the center outward or bend them from the outside of the scrog inward.?

-Temp- 76-88 night to day
-Humid- 45%- 65% when watered.
-Scrog is 6 inches above 3 gallon pots.
-Transplanted 3 weeks into grow from 1 to 3 gallon grow bags. Rootball at 3 weeks was the size of cantaloupe.
-18/6 light sched. with outdoor magnetic sealed mh warm spectrum 150w.

Heres and update at week 5.
-61.jpg

Picture of my setup.
-81.jpg

So here are some updates I took out the scrog for now Im not going to let them hit the screen till about 2 weeks to flower. With my new 400w MH/HPS on tuesday that will help to.

here they are.

Oh ya by the way. Ive never used a MH, how much longer of a veg should I give them for a good 5-8 oz harvest. ???????

-10.jpg

-91.jpg

-11.jpg

Lights finally came in and the plants are loving it. The light didnt fit in my homeade box So i bought a new growlab as well. Temps are fluceunt between 85-89 when lights on (Working on that) and 70-76 at night.

here are some pics.
-15.jpg

-13.jpg

-14.jpg

Hey brother liking th setup I have been scrogging for a while now and would be happy to answer any of your questions if you still plan on using a scrog. Expect 2 ounces per square foot of screen to answer your first question. Second let them hit the screen and train them untill they fill 50 percent of the screen and then switch the lights over to 12/12. Ha nice last minute upgrade to the tent measure twice cut once lol. Oh and if you need help with learning how to train the plants in the screen there is a long post in my journal that should be pretty helpfull.

hey mellow thanks for the reply. Im keeping up with the papaya kush but I have a question. I fimm'ed and LST'd my plants you can see how they are bent over. What im wondering is should I release the main stem so it grows straight again then weave the new tops into the scrog or should I continue to tie down growth and let the main stem be parrelell to the scrog net?

Sorry if that dosent make sense im ripppppped. lol

Hey you could just put your screen at the height of your plants but if thats not possible untie them and let em grow up. I have never lst'd prior to they hit the screen there really isn't a need to. Make sure you dont top or lst before your plant is mature to. It has two have staggered nodes to be mature which usually means 30 days.

Here is the post in my journal that goes into detail:
Personally I have developed a method by trying new things every grow and seeing what works the best. I fim the plants about a half an inch before they hit the screen. When you top or fim a plant you will really see some extreme side growth appear. When you see the side growth taking off start to low stress train the lower limbs by bending them out further and tying them away from the plant to get more light. I also super-crop some of the lower limbs as well to promote side growth. After doing either of the two your side growth will quickly grow up into the screen giving you a lot more bud sites to work with. Personally I use one plant per square foot and use the lower limbs to fill in the perimeter of the square foot leaving the center for the main stem. Meanwhile the plant will keep growing tall and you start to work the plant into the screen by bending the stem horizontally and filling it in with bud sites. Right about the time the lower limbs reach the screen is when you will notice your screen is about 50 percent full and you need to switch the lights over to 12/12.

Sorry if that's more information than you wanted lol but instead of telling you one way is better than the other I wanted to tell you the method I have created by trial and error.

OK, so I am curious as to why you would not top or LST before the plant is mature? Also, why would you not LST it and get it to spread out and keep the canopy even? then you could just drop the screen on it, train it and let her rip..
Ghetto, you may want to only do one thing at a time, then allow some recovery time and follow up with a different technique ( FIM&LST). You really don't want to cause to much stress at any one time. Looking good....

The only reason I released the ties are because I want a larger plant, my nodes are beginning to stagger on the topped and fimm'd nodes. but they are still so small of plants, I should be adding a scrog into the box within the next week. Im pretty sure once I'm done putting the nodes through the net I wont need to veg much longer. I have a solid 3-4 feet of room. With scrog I figure they wont get any higher than 2 1/2 ft when done stretching. But I want a HUGE harvest hah. Im looking for stalky stems that will feed my babies enough water..

By the way I forgot to mention Im still going to transplant these into 4 gallons also within the next week.

So all in all Im thinking another 2-3 weeks of veg

I also just purchased an iphone 3GS and learned it has a MACRO setting haha sweeeeeeet. All they need now is to build an APP. for a digital scale ha.

-18.jpg

-19.jpg

-20.jpg

Hey ghetty,

your ladies are lookin healthy.. :goodjob:

keep it goin :ganjamon::peace:

So here are the updates, I released the ties and transplanted into 4 gallon pots. I bought some pretty small chicken wire and cut it down to size and managed to push all the growth under it. Hopefully I can train it to come up and continue tieing it down.

They had a rough day today, Transplant went smooth however the rootball could be a little deeper in the new pot however they will have plenty of roon to grow more roots now. I watered heavely after I was done and let them sit for a couple hours. I returned and layed down the netting, unfortunatly everything went smooth until I BROKE off on of my main FIM'd colas...........
(Wish they had an emoticon for me wanting to shoot myself) however I think the plant will be fine. Heres some pics let now what you guys think.
-1.jpg

-3.jpg

And heres to the fallen soldier....Anyone that can help with cloning please do.
-41.jpg

I sliced the stem and left it in clean water with a small drop of superthrive. I will add some clonex tom. however is rockwoll the best thing to use? Its the only thing I have around the house.

And heres to the NYC bud my buddy brought to me!!!! MMMM tasty
-21.jpg

....bluntedddd:ganjamon:

Ok so I got all the corners and sides and middle tied down. I think they will be fine. My clone is looking good the leaves came back. and are standing on their own now. Its still in water, I applied a little clonex to the end of the stem so hopefully that will help. Plants are looking good.

Am I looking for each budsite to develope new growth on its sides or am I weavingJust enough for each one to get its own good amount of light?

Im somewhat confused as to what now? Should I begin fimming the budsites as well to promote extra growth and slow stretching? SOMEONE HELLLLP hah

*** also now should I be allowing the colas to grow up? or continue tucking them under?

I'd just let them go to start filling up the screen. Is the light 12/12 yet? Keep pulling the new growth over to the next hole when it starts poking thru. Before long you may want to clip some of the biggest leaves to let the light penetrate a little.

No i havent switched yet to answer your question I want to really fill this screen up for a HUGE harvest.

Im looking for up to .8 GPW. hopefully around 5-6 oz harvest.

Heres some updates.
-12.jpg

-51.jpg

heres the clone that I accidently snapped off. (thinking about a DWC???)
-82.jpg

What i will do tonight is do some under trimming of the larger leaves only blocking other sites.
I am under the impression I should continue weaving and pushing under and then about 1 week before switching to 12/12 I allow every cola to grow into the light and continue to let them stretch upwards during flower????????????????????????????????????

As for this girl shes been flowering for about 2 1/2 weeks under a 70w mh.
-62.jpg

-92.jpg

I will also be moving this plant in the room once I have switched to 12/12
so ill have to nug to smoke early on.

Back
Top Bottom