AUSTRALIAN GROW OF B52 in 2009

DownOver

Hi everyone,

Am starting this journal on my first grow of B52, a Skunk Strain, from Nirvana Seeds.

Parentage :Big Bud/Skunk Hybrid
Origin: Dutch Genetics
Genotype: Mixed, mainly Sativa
Indoor Maturation: 84 days, seed germination to final harvest.
Outdoor Maturation :End of April (Southern Hemisphere) End of October (Northern Hemisphere).
Grow Environment: 600watt HPS indoor germination until 3 weeks. Moved outdoors for flowering, at this point, as unseasonally warm in early Winter.
Grow Medium : Organic: Mushroom & Worm compost using Biodynamic Fertilisers running on cycle of the moon application. 290mm pots (3 Gallon).
Odour: Slightly skunky from 1 metre away then an intense burn on the nostrils up close.
Plant Characteristics: Very nutrient thirsty during Vegetative stage and similarly, during the stretch as plant prepares for flowering. Have had to increase nitrogen and magnesium in spray applications as at day 45.
Yield: To be Advised (TBA) here in journal.
Potentcy : TBA
Effect: TBA
Taste: TBA
Grower Rating: TBA

B52_1_day_44.JPG

B52_2_day_44.JPG

Top plant is No.1 and the bottom plant is No.2

Day 46

B52_1_day_46.JPG
Closeup_B52_1_day_46.JPG

B52_2_day_46.JPG
Closeup_B52_2_day_46.JPG

Thanks for the message but we are growing different ways and your indoor setup is really clever. When I grow inside its just in a room with a 600watt HPS hanging from the roof! Keep me posted about your grow. Have a great weekend! Smoke up hard and lets keep in contact. Your Australian mate, David.

Hey David..Plants are looking incredible! Be safe...

Thanks for stopping by my journal the other day! I will be watching yours close and I'm sure I'll have a heap of questions.

Heading down under in November as soon as things wrap up here. Hoping to check out Nimbin.

Cheers mate!

BorntoRun,

In answer to your question about the flowering.
If the plants were planted on Dec 1 then they would be ready outdoor by late April.
As I grow 18/6 indoors until they are 3 weeks old, taking them out into a late Autumn early Winter light here in Australia ( about 11hrs) it triggers the flowering. So in this case, Im using outdoors for flowering as we have had a really unusually warm autumn/winter so far. Today it is 17C or 64farenheit.
So Im hoping there wont be too much cold shock, fingers crossed.....

Have an indoor and outdoor grow of my own "Southern Star" and "Q1". I'll get journals started as soon as I can.

Take care,
David

Hi everyone

Latest Pics of the B52's. Have had to bring them inside as the weather has turned really cold. They are very happy though......

B52_1_day_51.JPG

B52_2_day_51.JPG

Hi everyone

Latest Pics of the B52's. Have had to bring them inside as the weather has turned really cold. They are very happy though......

B52_1_day_51.JPG

Beautiful looking plants man! I have a question about the picture above...did you trim some of the leaves? It looks like some were cut on the bottom part of the pic, kind of like I have seen people do with their clones but I am under the impression these are from seed. If so was this to remove a damaged portion of the leaf in an attempt to keep the healthy part rather than lose the entire leaf?

Beautiful looking plants man! I have a question about the picture above...did you trim some of the leaves? It looks like some were cut on the bottom part of the pic, kind of like I have seen people do with their clones but I am under the impression these are from seed. If so was this to remove a damaged portion of the leaf in an attempt to keep the healthy part rather than lose the entire leaf?

Thank you so much for the comments. Ive had to bring the plants inside from the outdoors, cold and security issues. Ive trimmed some of the fan leaves of their fingers to get the light further down to the lower branches and encourage a bushier prow. If they would have stayed outside I wouldnt have to as the sun moves through the sky so all parts of the plant get light. There wasnt a problem with the leaves at all just to improve light that filters through the canopy. Your grow is going awesome too!!

Ah ok, makes perfect sense. Any idea how much something like that slows the growth until other leaves make up for the loss? I want to "traumatize" my plants as little as possible but I know at some point I'll need to prune, especially due to the poor penetration power of the CFL's. Right now I've got that mild "swinging chandelier" thing going on because of the fan and the way the lights are hung, appears to be spreading the light around a bit kind of like the sun making its way across the sky...except many many more times in one day lol.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think my plants will do fine, now that I have the lights like 2 inches away from the plants. I will try to post some more pics this weekend. the grow will be 4 weeks old on sunday. I will also be working on my grow box this weekend. the wife says I need to get it done, because the plants are begining to smell. :)

It's Saturday Night here in Australia, and I thought I would post the latest on my 2 B52 girls.

Since moving back indoors, back under 600watt HPS, Ive noticed that the plants have really become quite Magnesium hungry. It may be due to the secondary supplemental nutrient requirement that magnesium provides being demanded as there has been a change of Environment. Maybe needed resultant from the stress of the environment change? They are all healthy though.

B52_1_day_54.JPG

Plant number 1 Above @ 8 weeks

B52_2_day_54.JPG

Plant number 2 Above @ 8 weeks

Sure you can, look at 'em...they're GOLD! j/k

The coloration patterns of the leaves looks a little odd but I can't tell if it's from the light or because of the Mg problem you mentioned...either way they do look very good!

The lighting of the other pic's he took inside looks the same. i still see nothing wrong, they're beautiful! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom