Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Your new grow box looks really good. Have you always used fluoro lighting?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using CFLs in my closet, while I was constructing the grow box. I will move the cfls to the grow box for added light. the box is almost done. I just have purchase and install the exhaust fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Hey there wolfbuddie, plants looking really strong and healthy. Good to c some 1 not rushing into it keep up the gd work dude!

Toke on all

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Well, just past the 8 week mark. I finally finished the grow box and I moved my 4 plants to it this weekend. Temp in the box is about 78 degrees and RH runs about 54 to 59 %. I started the plants on 12/12 cycle when I moved them to the box. Here's a picture just after I moved them

When I checked on them today to see if any of them were showing their sex, I was surprised to find that I was seeing Pistils on the two in the front. Yeah, some females. I am really happy that the last 2 months was not a complete waste of time. I will be checking the other two each day and will hopefully find out soon if they are hopefully females.

Here is another picture, I was hoping to get a closeup of the pistils, but my cellphone camera is just not that good. I need to get new batteries for my other digital camera and see if I can get a picture where you can actually see the pistils.

Well, that's all for now. I will see how things progress over the next week or so. I may try to take a cutting to clone of one of the females and grow it to be a mother that I clone from for future grows.

420 Member of the Month HazeSeeker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really like your grow box , but m8 you need more light !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HazeSeeker View Post
    I really like your grow box , but m8 you need more light !!!
    I do have about 8 more 32 watt CFLs that I clamp to the 4ft flourescent reflectors on the sides, but I wanted to take the picture without them so you could see the plants better.

I will show all the lights in the next post. They are sleeping now, and don't want to wake them from their 12 hour nap.

420 Member of the Month HazeSeeker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh , my bad ...
    Again ...love your grow box....

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfie,

That grow box you have built for flowering is really well made. It looks like a lot of thought went into the construction of it. I particularly like the way the exhaust is set in and the fluros down the side are truly an inspiration to me to try this.

I think a career as WolfieCabinets.com is awaiting you!!!!

+reps

Post Thanks / Like

DG, thanks for the + reps. I am really suprised how well the box turned out and the plants seem to be doing very well in it. I am looking forward to the next 2 months to see how it all turns out.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice man I'm in!

Post Thanks / Like

I started the plants on the 12/12 cycle last sunday and I have been checking them everyday to see what sex they are. I thought I saw some pistils on 2 of the plants about midweek and It appears that was correct. It looks like I had 2 males and 2 females. I finally purchased a magnifying glass, since my close up vision is not as good at 52 as it was at 22. I took the pictures below using the magnifying glass and my cellphone camera. Hopefully you can make out the details on at least some of them.

Here are the 2 female plants as I have already removed the males. I removed 2 of the CFL clamp lights for the picture

Here are the pictures of the pistils on the two females (again shooting thru a magnifying glass, so forget the slight blur)

Here are pictures of what I think are males. Since I don't see fully formed pollen sacs, I am not 100% sure, but I took them out of the grow box to be safe. Again I apologies for the blurry pictures. A photographer I am not.

I am going to keep the males outside for a few more days just to see if they are males or not. If they show any pistils, I will put them back into the grow cabinet, but for now I am keeping them out.

Well that's if for now. Again thanks to all that drop by and feel free to leave any comments. I decided that I would not rush things on my first grow, so the past 9 weeks have been a fun learning experience. I am really excited and hope to harvest from my 2 females in about another 5-6 weeks.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking really good and your patience will be well rewarded!!

Post Thanks / Like

loving the growbox bro, very cool... rep for the effort and good luck with your grow, im in!
    whats this about a "New World Order"? I just wanna know if fries and a coke come with that...

Check out my first grow : http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...-michigan.html

Post Thanks / Like

you've got yourself some real cool looking plants there wolf. again thanks for the casters idea, your cabinet is looking great, i haven't got them on yet eventually i will i'm just tryin to get going.
    +rep
    Nesnarb

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking set up! +Rep! Your plants look great and congrats on the girls!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast