Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Wolfbuddie

Hello all,

Well here is my first grow attempt. I don't know the strain since the seeds I used were some that I have kept from various purchases in the past.

Where I live, it is hit or miss to find any good weed, so I thought I would try my hand at growing.

I don't have any pictures from the germinating stage, but the picture below is the grow at 2 weeks, just after the transplant to the 8" pots. I am currently growing in my closet while I construct a grow box. Once the grow box is complete I will transfer them to the grow box and add additional CFLs and some 4 ft Flourescents.

IMG00031.jpg

I started the seeds in some peat pellets that I purchased from the local gardening center. I germinated 12 seeds and after about 1 week, I took the 4 strongest looking seedlings and transplanted them to the 8" pots with a mix of miracle-gro potting soil and perlite. I water them about every 3 days, and I don't overwater. So far so good. I will try to keep posting to this journal at the weeks pass bye. :bong:

We both posted our grows today!! Its great to see your set up. Im growing outdoor for flowering and indoor for germination and Vegetative growth. Ill keep an eye on your journal for sure!!

Any new photos?
The Grow box sounds ideal.

Hows the watering schedule working out?

I am watering them about every 3 to 4 days and they seem to be responding fairly well. I need more lights to make them grow faster. I will post some more pics this weekend. The plants will be 4 weeks old on sunday.:cheer:

1 Month Grow journal entry!

Well, the garden is doing faily well consider the lights I am currently using.

I got started on building my grow room, I took the dimensions from the description posted on these forums for a box's construction. I would recommend it to anyone. A good simple design.

Here is how the box looks currently.
IMG000491.jpg

It has casters on the bottom, to make it easy to move.
I am hoping to have the box finished by next weekend. I still need to apply some kind of reflective material to the plywood panels I am using for walls. And decide where the inlet and outlet will be for a fan system.

Being strapped for cash is forcing me to do everything on the bare minimum.

MY next decision is what kind of light I am going to buy. The 3 CFLs I am using are all 32w and they don't put out much light. So for the grow box I am looking at some high Wattage CFL lights from a Hydroponics shop on the web. A 125w CFL with reflector for about $119. I would love to have the money for a MH and HPS convertible system, but the cheapsest price on those are about $300. I will go with the CFLs for this grow and then see about upgrading the lights for maybe the next grow.

Well here are some pictures of garden from today. Still in my closet under the 3 CFL's

IMG000411.jpg

IMG000421.jpg

IMG000431.jpg

IMG000421.jpg

I got a neet little PH/light/moisture meter from Lowes for about $10. It is working great for helping me know when to water. I will show it in my next set of pictures.

Well gang! take a look and let me know if you see anything wrong.

Wolfie,

Really starting to get established now! Im with Fuuji in suggesting a HPS light. For your area a 250Watt unit should be heaps! 400Watt would be ideal but is heat an issue? Other than it all looks good. Are you repotting as they get bigger?

I will probably post some more pictures in the next week or two, as I like people to see the difference in the plant's size. I am working on the growbox this weekend and hope to have the foil on the walls and I will be adding some 4 ft Flourescents to 2 of the walls. I figure it will be all flourescents for this first grow and when I get some extra cash upgrade the growbox with a 250w HPS.

Well that's all for now. Happy growing everyone :)

Well folks, 6 weeks into the grow and they are doing fairly well. I started this grow in MG potting soil and I think next time, I will make a more custom soil as I see some of the things I don't like at they grow. The MG potting soil doesn't have as much perlite in it as I would like and they have way to much wood fibers and sticks. But starting a grow on a budget demands sacrifices.

I just started nutrients this week. the soil PH was high at about 7.3, so I used some Miracid by MG, it is a 30-15-15 nutr. and I started on about 30% strength. Since I only water about twice a week, I will go with clean water on each other watering for the next 2 weeks and see how they do. I seem to have a bit of leaf droop on most of the plants with one having a fair case of leaf droop. See pictures.
IMG00063.jpg

I am hoping to get the PH down to about 6.5 over the next 2 weeks, and see what effect it will have on the plants. I have almost finished my grow cabinet, but still need to add a few things. Like the 2 inch PVC piping for the passive air inlet and an 50 CFM exhaust fan for the outlet. Once those are added next week, (gotta wait for payday :-( ). I should be able to move the plants to more light. I will have about 12,000 lumens in the box compared with the 3,000 lumens I have them under right now.
IMG000681.jpg

Here is the box with the 4ft Fluorescents. I still need to add foil to the top panel.
IMG00053.jpg

I am seeing alot of secondary nodes on these plants and I am hoping that 2 weeks from now, I will begin to see signs of sex and can find out if I have any female plants. I am hoping to have at least one, but I am realistic that I may have none.

I will finish the grow box and hopefully have them in it by next week and see how they do. I will post more pictures at 2 months and we can see if it makes a difference. Here are the rest of the pictures from 6 weeks.
IMG00055.jpg
IMG00056.jpg

IMG00057.jpg
IMG00060.jpg

:peace: :roorrip: :smokin: Enjoy a toke for me. :)

Well, just past the 8 week mark. I finally finished the grow box and I moved my 4 plants to it this weekend. Temp in the box is about 78 degrees and RH runs about 54 to 59 %. I started the plants on 12/12 cycle when I moved them to the box. Here's a picture just after I moved them

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

When I checked on them today to see if any of them were showing their sex, I was surprised to find that I was seeing Pistils on the two in the front. Yeah, some females. I am really happy that the last 2 months was not a complete waste of time. I will be checking the other two each day and will hopefully find out soon if they are hopefully females.

Here is another picture, I was hoping to get a closeup of the pistils, but my cellphone camera is just not that good. I need to get new batteries for my other digital camera and see if I can get a picture where you can actually see the pistils.
IMG00097.jpg

Well, that's all for now. I will see how things progress over the next week or so. I may try to take a cutting to clone of one of the females and grow it to be a mother that I clone from for future grows.

:roorrip: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom