Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: First Grow. Phototron box.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

ok so i mixed my soil today.

the layer of perlite.

and the layer of just top soil.

i have 10 seeds in germination 6 have sprouted taproots, so im gonna wait until theyre abut a 1/4" or a little bigger and put them in there. should be another day or so. just enough time to test the soil, and buy a thermometer.
    Last edited by WeedyMcWeedWeed; 06-06-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: resize pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

Ok! Here we go! Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Fox View Post
    Ok! Here we go! Sweet!
    yeah. im excited. hoping this seeds will germinate quickly. i wanna get started.

Post Thanks / Like

Which way did you decide to germinate them?

Post Thanks / Like

Which way did you decide to germinate them?
    the papertowel method. i have them sitting above my ps3 it stays nice and warm there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I love the paper towel method.

Post Thanks / Like

going good cant wait to see the progress keep it up
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    going good cant wait to see the progress keep it up

yes sir sprouting is coming along nicely. they should be in the soil within a day or two im hoping.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really nice to see someone dedicated to their journal! I love seeing step by step from the beginning! Keep up the good work! + Rep!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

It's really nice to see someone dedicated to their journal! I love seeing step by step from the beginning! Keep up the good work! + Rep!
    thanks. yeah im new to the site, and ive been around growing multiple times, but this is my first real grow, so i like the help. no to mention my buddy has grown outdoors for years, and indoors for about 3 or 4 now. so hes alot of help.

has anyone heard of hyponex soil? its what i bought seemed better then MG since im trying to steer away from those products.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

i dont know if it matters or not, but its the only one thats curly and fuzzy. idk if that means anything or not just asking. but yeah i put 4 in the soil tonight. ill have pics once they pop up.

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Greets Weedy!!

Congrats on your tron grow. One thing you need to consider when using a tron is flushing. If you grow directly in the tray, you'll need to water with H2O only for at least two weeks before harvest and even then, it won't be a good as a true flush would be. I've tried soil grown weed that was harvested unflushed and it was not pleasant, with lots of crackles, pops and a funny taste.

Personally, I think it's better to use a pot that's close in diameter to your bottom tray, perhaps an few inches taller. This way you can remove the plant and flush. Trons actually have screws in the top so you can pop the top right off. I removed the screws in the top of my tron and never put them back in.

Another advantage is that you can start with smaller pots and work your way up. You could even sex them out in the smaller pots before you move the lady into a larger pot for flowering. I think one female is most appropriate for a tron. There's really not enough light or room for any more than one plant. I can't see any advantage to growing more that one in there, except maybe for variety. You may sacrifice a little yield by growing more than one, unless you prudently trim and bend (you're gonna be doing that anyway).

Those are just few of my random tron thoughts. Hope they might be of some assistance to you and good luck!!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Red View Post
    Greets Weedy!!

Congrats on your tron grow. One thing you need to consider when using a tron is flushing. If you grow directly in the tray, you'll need to water with H2O only for at least two weeks before harvest and even then, it won't be a good as a true flush would be. I've tried soil grown weed that was harvested unflushed and it was not pleasant, with lots of crackles, pops and a funny taste.

Personally, I think it's better to use a pot that's close in diameter to your bottom tray, perhaps an few inches taller. This way you can remove the plant and flush. Trons actually have screws in the top so you can pop the top right off. I removed the screws in the top of my tron and never put them back in.

Another advantage is that you can start with smaller pots and work your way up. You could even sex them out in the smaller pots before you move the lady into a larger pot for flowering. I think one female is most appropriate for a tron. There's really not enough light or room for any more than one plant. I can't see any advantage to growing more that one in there, except maybe for variety. You may sacrifice a little yield by growing more than one, unless you prudently trim and bend (you're gonna be doing that anyway).

Those are just few of my random tron thoughts. Hope they might be of some assistance to you and good luck!!

Harry
    thanks man i appreciate the comment. i will definetly keep that in mind next time. i already have the seeds in the soil now. i guess well see what happens. my next grow will probably be with pots. also you grow with a tron? how do you have your airflow set up? along with the carbon filter. thanks. any input would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Awwww! They are soo cute! I can't wait to see them pop out of the soil. Good growin! I'd give ya a rep, but I have to spread the love. ;-)

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeedyMcWeedWeed View Post
    also you grow with a tron? how do you have your airflow set up? along with the carbon filter. thanks. any input would be appreciated.
    I only use my old tron for seedlings, cloning and some very initial vegging. I did flower out a male in it recently so I didn't need to worry about flushing that. I was just collecting pollen.

A couple of CFL's on a splitter would be good but it will limit your already limited height. The xtra light might make up for that, in terms of denser buds. I've seen a few peeps stick a LED panel in the top but not sure how much good that will do ya..

A couple of PC case fans should work well for venting the unit. You can easily find the diagram for powering them with a wall-wart (cell phone charger and such). No idea on the filter. I don't use 'em.

Here's a couple of tron grows all journaled up you might want to check out..

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...rn-lights.html

Old Phototron Experiment

Harry

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast