Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: First Grow. Phototron box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: First Grow. Phototron box.

Well get ready for some explosive growth once you get em under the HIDs. My advice though, is to just go slow and get what you need. Then, when you get to the point of really needing the other lights, you will have learned more by then and had more time to assess your skills and grow situation. I feel that by then, your ultimate purchase decisions will be different than what you thought you wanted earlier in your grow. That is how I'm approaching it myself.

On my first HID, Ijust watched the local craigslist for a while and picked up a good deal to start off. I can always sell it again for near what I got it for if I need to.

Well, have fun; I know I am.
    See blog for links to all my grow journals

Latest Grow Journal - "Al-Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Excursion

"Observe, record, tabulate, communicate. Use your five senses. Learn to see, learn to hear, learn to feel, learn to smell, and know that by practice alone you can become expert." - William Osler

Post Thanks / Like

munki.
    yeah i hear ya. my closet is kinda small i should only get like a 250w HPS. but theres no point i might as well get the 400 or 600w. well see.
    If at first you don't succeed, it wont hurt to smoke some weed.

WEEDYS AT IT AGAIN! 2k watt indoor & outdoor CURRENT

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

now for an update. on the tron.

main cola

and for the clones. ive already transplanted both of them for about two weeks already. theyre about a month and a week old. but idk when your supposed to start counting time for clones, so im calling it day 30. not gonna count the original week because they had just been cut and what not. so anyways. 2 weeks in the stryofoam cups and 2 weeks after being transplanted. i topped the one, the other is branching out like crazy anyways so i figured id leave that one go. anyways heres some pics

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking nice Weedy.

"Observe, record, tabulate, communicate. Use your five senses. Learn to see, learn to hear, learn to feel, learn to smell, and know that by practice alone you can become expert." - William Osler

Post Thanks / Like

Looking real good man!
    "Kindness.It doesn't cost a damn thing.Sprinkle that shit everywhere."

Post Thanks / Like

thank you guys. i cant wait to crop the phototron!!! im guessing another 4-6 weeks

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

woohoo! that looks great Sir! Thanks for sharing the update! Gave me a little burst of energy for my own tron grow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like watching your journal as your seedlings were about the same size as the clones I started in my tron back on June 20th. They got pulled out eventually and thrown under the 400 watt HPS. Watching yours lets me guesstimate where mine would have been if I stayed with the tron.

Steady as she goes. See you at harvest.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braundc420 View Post
    woohoo! that looks great Sir! Thanks for sharing the update! Gave me a little burst of energy for my own tron grow!
    ha ha yeah i bet. your UFO seems to be doing the job. i only have 4 cfls hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by munki View Post
    I like watching your journal as your seedlings were about the same size as the clones I started in my tron back on June 20th. They got pulled out eventually and thrown under the 400 watt HPS. Watching yours lets me guesstimate where mine would have been if I stayed with the tron.

Steady as she goes. See you at harvest.
    sounds good i cant wait to harvest. true. i also should i have only kept it at one in the tron. but you live and you learn. im keeping my eyes out for a MH/HPS switchable light system, or at least a HPS light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Fox View Post
    Nice! Keep up the good work!
    thank you ms fox, havent seen you around lately. hows things in your neck of the woods? any grows coming up?

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

so i got a question for all you pros out there. being this is in a phototron with cfls. should i trim some of the smaller branches that arent getting much light? will this help. ive only trimmed one branch out it only had about 3 sets of leaves and the the cluster of hairs at the the top, and was like 5" long. so it wasnt doing shit,and it opened a lot of space. any input would be appreciated.

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeGrow101 View Post
    wish i had a phototron lol
    lmao. you only want one because you dont realize that after a week your gonna want something bigger and better. plain and simple. i was a month into my phototron grow and ended up buying a 250w MH for 100 bucks. i said why the fuck not. and now a 2 months into the tron grow and a month of using the MH im gonna go buy a 400w switchable MH/HPS. and i know after i get that im gonna want a 600w HPS. and keep the 400 for MH for veg and the 600w HPS for flower. and then ill be happy, for a short time. lol. well see how it goes.

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WeedyMcWeedWeed View Post
    so i got a question for all you pros out there. being this is in a phototron with cfls. should i trim some of the smaller branches that arent getting much light? will this help. ive only trimmed one branch out it only had about 3 sets of leaves and the the cluster of hairs at the the top, and was like 5" long. so it wasnt doing shit,and it opened a lot of space. any input would be appreciated.
    The manufacturer of the phototron, PI, has recommendations on the manicure of the plants. They would of had you cutting away the larger leaves and like every other node on side braches. This I assume would shorten the internode distances and promote branching resulting in many budsites for the plants in the small space. Their flowering is most unorthodox though as they would only go 12/12 for 2 - 3 weeks, then finish a flower run 24/0. My guess is to just get the plants into the flower mode and then get them as much light as possible before they revert to veg mode. They don't harvest the whole plant but instead remove individual buds as they appear to be mature. They would be small buds though.

In your case, trim what doesn't get light. Look at my ScrOG grow to see how much can get removed from a plant and have it still recover. I was fairly aggressive on my last pruning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munki View Post
    The manufacturer of the phototron, PI, has recommendations on the manicure of the plants. They would of had you cutting away the larger leaves and like every other node on side braches. This I assume would shorten the internode distances and promote branching resulting in many budsites for the plants in the small space. Their flowering is most unorthodox though as they would only go 12/12 for 2 - 3 weeks, then finish a flower run 24/0. My guess is to just get the plants into the flower mode and then get them as much light as possible before they revert to veg mode. They don't harvest the whole plant but instead remove individual buds as they appear to be mature. They would be small buds though.

In your case, trim what doesn't get light. Look at my ScrOG grow to see how much can get removed from a plant and have it still recover. I was fairly aggressive on my last pruning.
    yeah my lady is a little to far into flower, to trimas much as you did, i did however cut out about 5 or 6 branches that just had the cluster fuck of pistols at the top.

but yeah im not trying to do the take a small bud here and a small bud there. so im just gonna let it go in 12/12 unitl i feel its ready, ill probably end up borrowing my buddys scope to watch the trichromes as the turn amber.

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

ok another update, the tron is looking and smelling beautifully. by my count given i am a stoner. but its day 72 from germ. and day 43 flower. i started the flower early because of size issues, and i really wish i wouldnt have. but oh well.

through the mylar slide.

WEEDYS BACK!
    (Discontinued 2011)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast