Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lowryder Grow

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

this pic has gotten a lot of views in my gallery, so I thought I would post it for y'all:

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And it's gonna get alot of screen time on my mac, I bookmarked it. Rude honey looks pregnant, but we know better.

Post Thanks / Like

dude you have mites
    "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." Richard Dawkins
    Burmese,Sour Candy and BOOBS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Smot View Post
    dude you have mites

If you're looking at what I think you're looking at, it's just particles of dirt. I didn't foliar feed or spray the leaves down very much during the grow, so the plants are a little dusty.

thanks for the heads-up, but I'm pretty sure I don't got mites.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Those strands that look like spider web have been there for months too, but I will check carefully today when I harvest them.

If I got mites, I read that they will slowly climb their way up the plant after the plants are hung upside down to dry, and can be removed fairly easily at that point after they form a blob at the top (bottom) of the stem.

Will report back later today.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, good news, no mites.

That spider web was from a real spider, LOL.

I had a mild fungus gnat infestation and a spider took up shop in that bud.

Maybe spiders would be a good way to control fungus gnats?

More good news, I'm taking a break from trimming

Now, I am going to try to be as objective as possible on the 48 hours of darkness thing. I had been using a couple of node spaces on a couple of plants to judge the rate of bud growth.

I have a pretty good idea of the rate of bud growth from watching those few node holes between buds over a few weeks.

The rate of growth and swelling was significantly higher after those two days of darkness than it would have been if I had just kept the light cycle going for two more days.

In fact, one of the spaces between nodes that was about 3/8", had completely closed up.

So, based on my one data point, I may do it again in the future. I have no idea if it would work for anyone else.

I'll post some pics of my trimmed buds later tonight. Trimming buds seems to be my favorite part of growing

SS

Post Thanks / Like

Mama told me there's good bugs, and bad bugs. Bug eating bugs are the good ones. Except paper wasps, which are definately evil.
    I thought the long night before the final cut was to work with the flush to burn up the chlorophyl, yet keep the cannabinoids and terpenes. Without photosynthesis these good goos are not manufactured. Tastes great and is less filling. You're not fooling with hormones anymore, so take a peek, you're not going to confuse your girls. They are dying unambiguously, for your pleasure.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a good long peek before I chopped them.

I wish I had taken some pics of those inter-node spaces for a few days and then after. I will do that on my next grow if I do the long night again.

I had read that it was done because it causes the calyxes to swell and get stickier, but less chlorophyll also makes sense. I really didn't research it very much before trying it, but I didn't think it could hurt, and I had a little stash to hold me over, so what the hell.

If nobody chimes in with why introducing spiders would be a really bad idea to control fungus gnats, I may try that also.

It seems I always get some fungus gnats. It's never been bad enough to where I had to do much about it, but I kinda like spiders anyway cause they eat bugs I don't like.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

^spiders and lady bugs, great for your garden!

Post Thanks / Like

A great rush of breeze, a shirrocco from Santa Anna is good for the little flighty bastards. Gives them that urge to merge with the fan blades and be gone. Your pet spider should be the self tethering kind, spacewalk approved. If the buffet is too sumptious for your arachnidian cohort, try giving them more air than they care for. Poisons got bad karma.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

some pics of the harvest:

Gonna dry the buds in my cab for a few days and then jar them for curing. Smoke report and wrap-up when the buds are ready. I've already smoked some because I harvested Dew a week ago, but I want to sample a couple of more plants for purely research purposes before coming to any firm conclusions.

SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That looks sweet brother. I so look forward to seeing my mine hanging up like that. That's some fine work bro...reps to you.

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...
    Li Siu Loong

It is not the destination that is important…but the journey.

Post Thanks / Like

here guess it really doesn;t matter though huh?
    "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." Richard Dawkins
    Burmese,Sour Candy and BOOBS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Smot View Post

here guess it really doesn;t matter though huh?
    Those strands are from a real spider that lived in that plant for several weeks.

I do appreciate the heads-up though bro.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Li Siu Loong View Post
    That looks sweet brother. I so look forward to seeing my mine hanging up like that. That's some fine work bro...reps to you.

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...

Thanks bro!

I look at those buds and I can't believe I grew them, LOL.

Being able to share the grow was the most fun I've had with my pants on for a long time. I'm so glad I de-lurked.

regards,

SS

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast