Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lowryder Grow

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

DAMN NICE WORK ! I am thinking about going with an auto-flowering strain. Any suggestions ? I would like to get even 1/2 the results you have here. I have heard White Russian is a bomb ass auto strain...any thoughts buddy ?

And once again...damn nice work !

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...
    Li Siu Loong

It is not the destination that is important…but the journey.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

any plans or sneak peaks for your next grow(:

Post Thanks / Like

definitely looking forward to your next indoor grow :-)
    whats this about a "New World Order"? I just wanna know if fries and a coke come with that...

Check out my first grow : http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...-michigan.html

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Li Siu Loong View Post
    DAMN NICE WORK ! I am thinking about going with an auto-flowering strain. Any suggestions ? I would like to get even 1/2 the results you have here. I have heard White Russian is a bomb ass auto strain...any thoughts buddy ?

And once again...damn nice work !

Thanks bro!

Here's a little something I found on White Russian. You may have already read it.

"White Russian is a favourite strain of growers around the world so it made perfect sense to give it the auto flowering treatment. One of the last of our original strains created with the original Lowryder to be released, Auto White Russian is an auto flowering cross of a Serious Seeds White Russian female with an original Lowryder. Like the Serious mother, the Auto White Russian will frost up most during the last few weeks of its life and 48 hours of darkness just prior to harvest will maximise this. One of our easiest strains to grow, she likes to be started from seed, directly into 5litre containers and will not punish you for a certain degree of neglect but don’t allow the growing medium to dry out too much. Reliably flowering from 14 days old she regularly grows up to 14” tall, sometimes slightly more with a good central cola and medium branching supporting good frosty nuggets. The smoke can be slightly rough around the edges but that is a common observation with all of the white strains, the potency makes up for this and would be described as a balanced, all-day smoke."

Genetics: White Russian x Lowryder
    Variety: Mostly sativa/Indica/Ruderalis
    Type: Hybrid
    Harvest Date: 10 weeks from seed
    Height: 10 - 16 inches
    THC Content: Med
    Characteristics: Potent, frosty auto-flowering strain.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What's not to like?

Easy to grow is good, because there are some AF strains out now that aren't.

Note also that they recommend starting from seed directly into the container they will finish in, and they recommend 5 liter pots. I think 5 liter/2gallon pots are really the smallest you can go and still expect AF plants to approach their potential.

With hydro, I wouldn't sprout them in cubes separately from the net pots.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by traficante View Post
    definitely looking forward to your next indoor grow :-)

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by drmartygreen View Post
    any plans or sneak peaks for your next grow(:

Nothing concrete yet.

I would really like to grow more than one strain this time around, because it's so cool to be able to compare them growing side by side.

I have some space limitations, however, because I'm also going to do a seed grow and need to sprout enough seeds of the same strain to give me a good chance at having males and females.

We'll see. Maybe I'll get my cab back into action

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tunes420 View Post
    Awesome looking buds
    Thank you Tunes420!

I jarred them tonight and I'm still trippin' on the whole growing/journaling experience.

regards,

SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by setting sun View Post
    Thanks bro!

Here's a little something I found on White Russian. You may have already read it.

"White Russian is a favourite strain of growers around the world so it made perfect sense to give it the auto flowering treatment. One of the last of our original strains created with the original Lowryder to be released, Auto White Russian is an auto flowering cross of a Serious Seeds White Russian female with an original Lowryder. Like the Serious mother, the Auto White Russian will frost up most during the last few weeks of its life and 48 hours of darkness just prior to harvest will maximise this. One of our easiest strains to grow, she likes to be started from seed, directly into 5litre containers and will not punish you for a certain degree of neglect but don’t allow the growing medium to dry out too much. Reliably flowering from 14 days old she regularly grows up to 14” tall, sometimes slightly more with a good central cola and medium branching supporting good frosty nuggets. The smoke can be slightly rough around the edges but that is a common observation with all of the white strains, the potency makes up for this and would be described as a balanced, all-day smoke."

Genetics: White Russian x Lowryder
    Variety: Mostly sativa/Indica/Ruderalis
    Type: Hybrid
    Harvest Date: 10 weeks from seed
    Height: 10 - 16 inches
    THC Content: Med
    Characteristics: Potent, frosty auto-flowering strain.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What's not to like?

Easy to grow is good, because there are some AF strains out now that aren't.

Note also that they recommend starting from seed directly into the container they will finish in, and they recommend 5 liter pots. I think 5 liter/2gallon pots are really the smallest you can go and still expect AF plants to approach their potential.

With hydro, I wouldn't sprout them in cubes separately from the net pots.

regards,

SS

Sounds like a plan to me brother. I read where the THC content of WR is around 21% +. Like you said...what's not to like ?
    I'm looking on our sponser sites for seeds that match what I want today.

Thanks for your input...stay cool.

Li Siu Loong

It is not the destination that is important…but the journey.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

All right, this grow is a wrap.

I checked the buds last night and the stems snapped nicely. Buds need to cure longer but are dry enough to weigh.

Dew

The Four Musketeers
    I didn't record their weights individually because all four weighed essentially the same.

Trippy

T.C.

Total weight: 2.6 oz

Remember the two lower buds I pollinated on T.C. with my six-month old pollen?

T.C. LIVES!!! (to be continued)

A big to all my friends here at 420Magazine!

Post Thanks / Like

all I gotta say is.... DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK!
    whats this about a "New World Order"? I just wanna know if fries and a coke come with that...

Check out my first grow : http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...-michigan.html

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

Thankyou, Setting Sun

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

and how beautiful it is, the sun that sets on this your second grow, oww! tryna get my Gator on!, in all seriousness, i'mvery happy for you brother, growing and smoking you own medicine, and some damn fine herb at that, congratulations on your harvest! +rep if i can

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

those buds look really nice, and i love the bountiful amount of hairs(:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!! X2 I love how maroon those hairs are getting. Thats the first time i've seen the result of pollinating two popcorn buds that way. That's a great alternative to cloning to keep a favorite strain alive while still getting mostly seed free buds.

Post Thanks / Like

Super job! Great harvest and seeds to boot well done ...will be looking for next!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by traficante View Post
    all I gotta say is.... DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother

Thankyou, Setting Sun
    It's been a gas, Propa Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Pericodaking View Post
    and how beautiful it is, the sun that sets on this your second grow, oww! tryna get my Gator on!, in all seriousness, i'mvery happy for you brother, growing and smoking you own medicine, and some damn fine herb at that, congratulations on your harvest! +rep if i can
    I tried to get my Gator on for about five minutes and then realized that Gator is pretty much a one-off Thanks for your kind words and encouragement through this grow Pericodaking!

Quote Originally Posted by drmartygreen View Post
    those buds look really nice, and i love the bountiful amount of hairs(:
    Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMopps View Post
    Yes!! X2 I love how maroon those hairs are getting. Thats the first time i've seen the result of pollinating two popcorn buds that way. That's a great alternative to cloning to keep a favorite strain alive while still getting mostly seed free buds.
    This is the first time I've done it. One thing to keep in mind is to pollinate the lower buds early in flowering so that your decision as to when to harvest is driven by the buds and not the maturity of the seeds.

Also, even after reading at least twice about turning off the fans before going near the plants with pollen, here I go up to my tent, fat, dumb, and happy with my little vial and q-tip. I remembered at the last second. Next time, the vial stays in the refrigerator and I take just the q-tip.

Thanks for your friendship, help and encouragement CharlieMopps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunes420 View Post
    Super job! Great harvest and seeds to boot well done ...will be looking for next!
    Thanks brother!

Hope to get my next grow on sometime this coming week

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast