Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lowryder Grow

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Just another half-@ssed "medicinal" state.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

Quote Originally Posted by setting sun View Post
    Thanks for the reminder about the shades, sunblock and long sleeve shirt. I'm going to put those things right next to my grow tent so I make a habit of using them.
    Back in the day when I had a(n old school) MH going, a buddy had those prescription glasses that auto-tint in the sun - and they would tint when he was in the same space as the light.

I planted two plants in this grow in 2-liter bottles.
    I remember a home built hydro setup that was popular some years ago which used (upside-down) 2-liter soda bottles connected with PVC pipe. It was a flood & drain thing.

If you use green bottles, you don't have to worry about algae.
    Yup.

Mt. Dew, the official soda of stoners.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. -Mark Twain

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My still functioning upside down rig is slated for the big box. With short pan rez 20" tall too much. Plus there's the media. Once you start the slide with container gardens, bare roots in water is the inevitable devo bottom feed. Resistance is futile!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here's an update on my current lowryder grow. This is week 10 from seeds sprouting. Plants were beginning to look a bit yellowish overall, not just the normal yellowing of older bottom leaves, so I upped the nutes and they greened up nicely.

Buds seem to be swelling nicely but looks to me like they still need at least one more week or maybe even two.

Post Thanks / Like

looking great SettingSun meds soooon LOL
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    looking great SettingSun meds soooon LOL

I know, I know, LOL.

I got enough meds to wait it out because I just made a trip to my favorite dispensary, but what's killin' me is that I want to get my next grow on.

I have my smaller cab that I could start some plants in, but I don't like transplanting so I like to start my seeds in pretty much the same pots they're going to have for life. I just don't have enough room in my cab to do that, so I have to wait until these ladies finish and my grow tent is available.

I'm having fun thinking about what I'm going to grow next. I'm considering growing LR2, satori from mandala seeds, or maybe PPP. From what I've read, I think PPP would make me happy. Sativa high and bigger yield than lowryder is the direction I'm heading.

I may do an LR2 seed grow first, however.

regards resinator and thanks for dropping by!

setting sun

Post Thanks / Like

there is a new strain of lowryder its called Roadrunner automatic 70 days from seed to harvest by Dinafem, supposed to be the fastest ever strain 1 to ponder about LOL
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Post Thanks / Like

You can start seeds in RW starter cubes, then 'plant' in pots. Get you a 2 week head start. Yup, RW right into the dirt works. Love your chubby lil darlins.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    there is a new strain of lowryder its called Roadrunner automatic 70 days from seed to harvest by Dinafem, supposed to be the fastest ever strain 1 to ponder about LOL

Just what I need, another candidate

regards,

setting sun

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    You can start seeds in RW starter cubes, then 'plant' in pots. Get you a 2 week head start. Yup, RW right into the dirt works. Love your chubby lil darlins.

I respect your experience Propa Gator and I love reading your posts. I like your style.

My current approach to growing, which could change tomorrow, is that even though I'm growing indoors, I'm trying to replicate nature as much as possible within my physical and financial constraints and limitations.

My germination method is to plant seeds directly into soil and to never transplant. I'm using an organic potting mix and organic nutes. I even try to replicate the rain when I water my plants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not any kind of a hard-core "organic is the only way" person. There are a lot of "best" ways to grow this plant. It just happens to be what I'm trying at the moment.

I'm pretty sure I've decided to do an LR2 seed grow next and that definitely means I would plant seeds directly into 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Lowryders might be small above ground, but they quickly send a central tap root down that is about 6-8" deep by the end of week 1. If that tap root is restricted in any way, the plant will be stunted.

If I wasn't doing an LR2 grow next, I would probably go out to my garage right after hitting the "submit reply" button and apply your suggestion.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out watering my lawn and I though of another reason I like using organic soil and nutes.

The soil buffer and the slower uptake of the organic nutes makes it harder for me to kill my plants until I get some more experience.

setting sun

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry SS, to make you justify a sensi ble and productive methodology. I find no chink in your logic. rep on style (if allowed) When my hos survive serious attempts to kill, it's because they tough biotches.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Propa Gator View Post
    Sorry SS, to make you justify a sensi ble and productive methodology. I find no chink in your logic. rep on style (if allowed) When my hos survive serious attempts to kill, it's because they tough biotches.
    No problem Propa Gator. Writing my thoughts and ideas down helps me get things sorted out.

thanks for the rep,

regards,

setting sun

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut the tip off a bud leaf and took this pic to check trichomes at 10 weeks:

I used a digital microscope toy from Toys R' Us called an "Eye Clops".

It's not real easy to focus, but when you happen to get the focus right, it's pretty cool.

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

couple more:

Post Thanks / Like

'Eye Clops and the Anemone from Well'. Japanese horror able movie makers could at least be happy shooting this one.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast