Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lowryder Grow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

I have been fallowing this journal from the beginning and all I can say is you have some of the best looking lowryders that I've seen

+ rep if I can

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resinator View Post
    nice tricfest LOL keep it green(or amber) lol
    thanks Res!

Can't wait for the harvest-fest!

I have absolutely no idea what the yield will be, but this is my first sinsemilla grow (except for two lower bud sites on my biggest plant) and I wanna smoke some of this shiznazz.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigSmokie View Post
    I have been fallowing this journal from the beginning and all I can say is you have some of the best looking lowryders that I've seen

+ rep if I can

Thanks BigSmokie!

I appreciate your feedback and encouragement.

regards,

SS

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner MOTAvation's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good setting sun, Ladies look great.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOTAvation View Post
    Looking good setting sun, Ladies look great.

Thanks MOTAvation!

I just got back from your journal and your babies are lookin' green and healthy as can be.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic of Dew that I forgot to post:

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great grow ss! Curious to see what you end up yielding.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Niiiiice, I might have to get some LR's for my next grow!, think they'll do great in hydro?
    BTW, I just read through this journal, VERY nice read indeed my friend. Reps for u!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by esiarf View Post
    Great grow ss! Curious to see what you end up yielding.
    Thanks esiarf! I will be happy if the yield is an ounce or so.

ounce of home-grown: $400

what I've learned from this grow: priceless

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pericodaking View Post
    Niiiiice, I might have to get some LR's for my next grow!, think they'll do great in hydro?
    BTW, I just read through this journal, VERY nice read indeed my friend. Reps for u!

I've had a blast growing lowryders. Even though they didn't auto-flower twice now, they've been a lot of fun to grow and I've learned a lot from them. I have plenty of lowryder seeds and I'm going to continue to grow them.

In fact, I'm starting an outdoor grow today of six of my lowryder seeds in an outdoor mini greenhouse.

I've seen some really nice hydro-grown LR's. What I would avoid is germinating the seeds in small cubes or plugs and then placing the plugs in the net pots afterwards.

People wonder why LR's seem to get off to a slower start than some other strains and then take off after a couple of weeks. That happens because LR seedlings put a *lot* of energy into their root system in week 1 as opposed to growing above ground. The ruderalis genes have their priorities straight. If you don't find water right away, it doesn't matter how many leaves you have, you die.

These plants seem to do best, and achieve their full potential, if you sow the seed directly into where the plant will live it's whole life. They do not like having their roots restricted, messed with, transplanted, etc.

Starting the seedlings in a tray with cubes is not going to work as well as putting the cubes in the netpots from the get-go.

I think their nutrient requirements might be a bit lower than most other strains too, so might need some adjustment there also.

Hydro is down the road a bit for me, but I have really enjoyed reading through your grows.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip settingsun, I'm getting ready to order some more seeds to start after my soil and hydro grows i've got going on right now, and i'm switching to all hydro for the 4th grow. I'm going to pretty much build another hydro bucket but using a 35gal tupperware tub to hold maybe 3-5 net baskets, (i'm not sure if the lid will be able to support the weight of the plants) some minor tweaking with my design should help tho. LRs seem like they would be pretty fun to grow with Deep Water Culture
    grow on brother!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pericodaking View Post
    I'm going to pretty much build another hydro bucket but using a 35gal tupperware tub to hold maybe 3-5 net baskets, (i'm not sure if the lid will be able to support the weight of the plants) some minor tweaking with my design should help tho. LRs seem like they would be pretty fun to grow with Deep Water Culture
    grow on brother!

One possible solution for strengthening the lid might be to use a couple or three plastic columns going from the bottom of the tub up to the bottom of the lid.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by setting sun View Post
    One possible solution for strengthening the lid might be to use a couple or three plastic columns going from the bottom of the tub up to the bottom of the lid.

regards,

SS
    This might be a better solution:

drill a couple of holes at each end of the tub, just under the outer edge of the lid, and then run some plastic rods lengthwise through the holes so that the rods would support the lid when it sags.

You would have to place the holes in the ends so that they would allow the plastic rods to run between the netpots.

regards,

SS

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

..Sketching up my design today, will definitely implement the horizontal rod idea, thanks again setting!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is like how I wish science/biology class was in school. Cool ideas, and that pic of Dew is making my mouth water. Nice work.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast