Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Begining of Hydro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Begining of Hydro

I think that is a great idea! There is very possible and a way to get babies and keep the mother! Keep the mom healthy and she will be the bearer (with your loving hand) of future generations of this lovely plant. I like the way you think..
    Maybe I could think like that if I wasnt such a stoner LOL!!
    You seem very wise already.
    Are you from Taiwan? As you see by my avatar you see my favorite thing in the world is grown well in that country.:-)'

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE
    I am not a man who leaves much to chance or makes arbitrary decisions.
    [/QUOTE]

Neither am I, but I learn just as much from my failures as from my success.

Best wishes for your grow. I'll be watching as I like to experiment and hydro is something I want to explore down the line.

setting sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fineas View Post
    I think that is a great idea! There is very possible and a way to get babies and keep the mother! Keep the mom healthy and she will be the bearer (with your loving hand) of future generations of this lovely plant. I like the way you think..
    Maybe I could think like that if I wasnt such a stoner LOL!!
    You seem very wise already.
    Are you from Taiwan? As you see by my avatar you see my favorite thing in the world is grown well in that country.:-)'
    Your kind words speak volumes about the person you are. And wisdom is simply the journey of self discovery…self realization. To know one’s self truly…not lying to one’s self, is a very difficult thing to do. Approach each day with an open mind and receptive heart…each moment is one that we can never again re-live. And each moment is an opportunity to learn from all that is around you.

The sage has said that all life, all manifestation, is part of an inseparable whole, an interconnected organic unity which arises from a deep, mysterious, and essentially unexplainable source which is the Tao itself. Everything conceivable is contained within this principle.

And no…I am not from Taiwan. Although I have spent a large part of my life in Asia. Remember my friend…the journey is what’s important, not the destination. And one last thing. Being a stoner is to me, just another way to open my eyes and expose my inner self to what the universe has to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by setting sun View Post
    Neither am I, but I learn just as much from my failures as from my success.

Best wishes for your grow. I'll be watching as I like to experiment and hydro is something I want to explore down the line.

setting sun
    It is wise that you feel this way. Most people avoid creative activities due to a fear of failure. The sage having no such fear thinks new thoughts, tries new actions and gains understanding through failures as well as successes.

May peace be with you all...
    Li Siu Loong

It is not the destination that is important…but the journey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWeed View Post
    I grew my first hydro grow in a DWC/Deep Water Culture system very similar to what you have and this is what I can tell you from personal experience. They make awsome nuseries, a great veg platform, but if you try to grow more than one plant in that, you're going to have root space problems. Check out my grow, or go to members galleries and look up the pics I posted. Towards the end, I took pics of my rootmass, which had completely taken over the entire 18 gallon res. That res looks substantially smaller than that...I have built 4-5 gallon dwc buckets for my next grow...more work, but more space for roots.

As far as moving the plants from soil to hydro, it is possible to do, but you must be very careful. Fill a large bowl or sink with water between 66-72 degrees and ph between 5.3-5.9. Gently swirl the plants around until all dirt is gone. You must use extreme care while doing this.

Hope this helped.
    I read thru your journal and I learned a great deal about what I am begining. My system is very much like yours. How much were you able to yield in dried bud ? My 4 net pots are so small that I imagine myself getting maybe 2 oz. per if I am very successful. But suffice it to say, your journal and experiences during your 1st hydro grow have been and will continue to be a great help to me. Thank you very much my friend.

May peace be with you...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 420lifter View Post
    wwhat kind of nutes did tey give you? and if you can I would highly recommend at least a ph meter strips will give you the decimal point. If you can a RO machine was 1 of the best buys I've made. good luck with your grow. I jus started a swc sog/scrog check it out I'll be adding pics 2day.
    The nutes that were included are as follows:

The GROW formula...

ph UP...

the BLOOM formula...

and ph DOWN.

Along with 80 ph test strips

When I can afford to, I will purchace a reverse osmosis machine. But to be honest that is a future type thing. I am on my way to check out your work. Thank you for your interest and advice my friend.

May peace be with you...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pitviper View Post
    that a spendid idea....just get enuf stem.
    good luck!
    Thank you my friend. How much stem would you suggest ?

May peace be with you...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have succesfully changed media from SOIL to HYDROTON several times and this is what worked for me........ Four things that are very important to help increase your chances of success:
    PH....... 5.5/5.8
    TEMP of water........ 67-72
    MUST BE CAREFULL BE GENTLE .... those little roots break easily
    DO IT in a DRAFT FREE WARM ROOM..... Cold air and drafts will shock the roots
    ADD SUPERTHRIVE to your solution this will help in your relocation efforts. I use the SUPER THRIVE on any transplanted or shocked plant- I have also had very good luck with VOODOO JUICE( helps in protecting the roots and root developement and can be used in both soil and hydro applications CARBO LOAD/MOLASSES GOOD LUCK STAY SAFE and GOOD GARDENING.........................

MrCloner420

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrCloner420 View Post
    I have succesfully changed media from SOIL to HYDROTON several times and this is what worked for me........ Four things that are very important to help increase your chances of success:
    PH....... 5.5/5.8
    TEMP of water........ 67-72
    MUST BE CAREFULL BE GENTLE .... those little roots break easily
    DO IT in a DRAFT FREE WARM ROOM..... Cold air and drafts will shock the roots
    ADD SUPERTHRIVE to your solution this will help in your relocation efforts. I use the SUPER THRIVE on any transplanted or shocked plant- I have also had very good luck with VOODOO JUICE( helps in protecting the roots and root developement and can be used in both soil and hydro applications CARBO LOAD/MOLASSES GOOD LUCK STAY SAFE and GOOD GARDENING.........................

MrCloner420
    Thank you very much for your advice. I will take this into consideration.

Peace be with you...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like

if u do the top / clone jell make sure u get roots before you put them in the hydro bucket

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inferno420 View Post
    if u do the top / clone jell make sure u get roots before you put them in the hydro bucket
    I will. Thank you very much for your advice. Any thoughts on how much of the lady I should top off ?

Peace be with you...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The site where I ordered my hydro units offers grow support. I posed the same question there that I have here...about topping the ladies and using that for hydro. And this is what I was told: "if you cut it at the base it definately wont root. It needs to be soft wood part of the plant. The stem is hard and the cutting will have to support to much foliage to be able to focus on rooting. you want a small branch with one or 2 nodes."

Does this mean that I can top them and do as I have planned ? I would like some opinions about this please.

Peace be with you all...
    Li Siu Loong

Post Thanks / Like

most get atleast 2 nodes to use, but really if u want to put her stright into flowering i would just take a few cuts off bottom then rise all the dirt off and put her in the potmake sure not to fill the water all the way up just put it right before it would touch the net pot and instead of swirling if you got a extra air stone you can just rinse off some the dirt and put the root ball in diffrent bucket with the air stone and let it adjatate the dirt off the roots u may have to change the water once or twice make sure u use low ppm water like rain water or something that isnt that bad(my city water sucks thats why im saying that) that should clean it the best

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had my seeds (4 of them germinated) in the Rapid Rooter plugs for 3 days now. I covered them with a plastic lid to help with the humidity factor.

Thus far I am looking at growth. I think I will check for roots by Friday.

My ladies that I am thinking about topping for hydro transplant have been pruned so that only the top is left on both. The only concern is how much to top off.

Here's the other girl...

Both have what I would consider strong, healthy tops. Good green leaves.

I am sure I will have 4 in hydro before this weekend is over. My rooting gel should be here by Saturday and I will decide by then what to do about topping my ladies.

May peace be with you all...
    Li Siu Loong

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

first off your grow is coming along nicely. As for the nutes i personally prefer the 3parts because it allows you to adjust more if there are nute issues however they are quite a few 1 parts out there so i can't knock em you may think about some cal-mag as cannabis loves them. the ph strips are good to get a general idea but if you notice nute problems def a meter is in order. Do you have any books? the bible is a godsend for me! you may be able to get the torrent if not pm me and I'll get it to you.

Cloning your moms shouldn't be too hard, Ive used various lenghts with good results. What will be your cloning method? Aero cloning works best for me especially combined with AN's jumpstart I get a 100% success rate in 7-14 days. May you grow and prosper my man peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 420lifter View Post
    first off your grow is coming along nicely. As for the nutes i personally prefer the 3parts because it allows you to adjust more if there are nute issues however they are quite a few 1 parts out there so i can't knock em you may think about some cal-mag as cannabis loves them. the ph strips are good to get a general idea but if you notice nute problems def a meter is in order. Do you have any books? the bible is a godsend for me! you may be able to get the torrent if not pm me and I'll get it to you.

Cloning your moms shouldn't be too hard, Ive used various lenghts with good results. What will be your cloning method? Aero cloning works best for me especially combined with AN's jumpstart I get a 100% success rate in 7-14 days. May you grow and prosper my man peace.

I thank you my friend for your interest and advice. I have read about that "bible" you spoke of...I am going to get that sometime soon, as well as as a nute meter. I have multiple instructional dvds on growing and of course I have an endless supply of knowledge at my disposal via the internet. I have not heard of the "torrent"...what is that ?

My basic plans for cloning are as follows: 1st I will top my ladies and dip them in rooting gel and then place them in Rapid Rooter plugs and then when rooted, into the hydro they go. My only question is exactly how much of the tops to clip off. I have been told to get at least 2 nodes, which is for now what I am going by.

As far as nutes go, I still have a lot to learn. Especially about hydro nutes. But I have access to a hydro program which is very informative dealing with ALL aspects of hydroponic gardening. There is only one video to view so far, but 5 more are coming within days (so it says). Here is the link Thank You for joining, here are your videos - HydroponicMastery.com See what you think.

Peace be with you my friend...
    Li Siu Loong

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast