Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

what's a dwc? rdwc? I'm a newbie

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

o i see now i read bc north lights i thought that was a strain you were growing not the brand of "box" you were using. which box did you get? dwc means deep water culture r=recycled nutes,
    Rosie2015 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got BC Northern Lights 4 pot Roommate for personal use. She's an absolutely amazing machine and their consulting has been outstanding!! Already did one harvest with her and she's a solid, dependable, easy machine. Rosie is her name and she's ready to start growing again !!

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

looks pretty cool mind if i ask about how much it was, I am using tents with an ebb and flow system which takes water from a reservoir and pumps it to a controller box and gravity fill buckets and then cycles off and empties bucket and sends it back to the rez till the next flood

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sorry about that G00ch!! I close her door, push a button and she's good for a week!! I broke a lote of piggy banks to get her but I've spent a fortune over the years buying herbs. Rosie is an investment. $3K+ a little

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

That isnt bad for a set it and forget it system. Mine is similar as i dont really micro manage my system, I have a grow tent with a mother and babies, and a flower tent with girls the ebb and flow is basically a set it and forget it other then adjusting ph. I dont think i could go 24 hours without looking at my plants.
    golfer420 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This friggin' saga continues ... 3 more duds! I've done this many times in past years and the seeds take off like weeds with my tap water and I never have a problem until now with my first batch of Crop King seeds. And I have a hydroponic machine that can handle 4 plants. I can't afford electric for 3 months for only one plant which is why I don't germinate one at a time. I try 3 at a time. I only have a 6 mos window to grow where I live, so forget two harvests this season trying to get these White Widow seeds to germinate.

I don't live in the US or Canada and you wouldn't believe the time and money involved getting Crop King Seeds here (they know the stories) ... only to have the first 10 turn to mush. # 9 & 10 started a tap root and I put them in rock wool 3 days ago. I see this morning they have also turned to mush. The rock wool was not sitting in excess water, but it was moist.

Today I'm pulling out a new strain. All my new seeds from Crop King are feminized. I've never used them before. Any difference germinating them? I am determined to get thru these simple steps and start some beautiful plants !

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

well i can certainly tell you the steps i take. I take a paper towel and soak it, put the seeds in between the paper towel, put it in a warm 70f, dark place, each day i observe and add water to maintain a wetness and as soon as i see a tap i toss it into medium, i have used rockwool for my crown royal, but the taps exploded on me and they were pretty long, i was concerned but they did fine, this time i am using sure to grow from seeds, I think i have one that is not going to make it but it germinated, I may have had to much light too early, but i have 3 that appear to want to go only time will tell. Make sure you water is ph5.5 with little tds.

Post Thanks / Like

OK ... took out 3 Super Silver Haze seeds and put them into 5.5 Ph bottled water. One was brown and it sunk to the bottom within a minute. hmmmm. I'd be thrilled if I could get 2 going! I'll take them out of water first thing in the morning.

And I've used Costco's Kirkland for my thick paper towels. I smelled them last time and wondered if I smelled any purfume. So I used napkins this last time and at least got a tap root. Anyone know about Kirkland paper towels?

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont personally use this stage, but I know CK recommends it in their instructions, so its good to do. I suppose my soaked paper towel would be the equivalent of soaking them in a glass. I use bounty cause they are very absorbent

Plant of the Month Aug 2016 - Member of the Month Jan 2017 - Crème De La Crème Photo Contest Jan 2017, Feb 2017 Stinky Snid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK, first post ever... I've got 3 of 5 NL auto in my plate inside 3 paper towels folded over twice. It's been 5 days and only one has cracked to show a minuscule tap root. I used the included directions to germinate 10+ bagseeds in weeks prior to make sure I was comfortable before applying this method to my "premium" seeds. Let soak in room temp. Water for 14 hours, pour entire contents into a shallow plate, drain off excess water and placed it on my heat mat under a humidity dome opening the lid several times a day for air, I also Moistened daily. And no direct light has touched the seeds. Are these seeds going to make it? What have I done wrong?

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

it is very disturbing to me to see a trend forming here with people having problems germinating and it may just be a coincidence i dont know, but why are you using a heat plate? I think 70f is fine for germinating do you need a separate heat source to get to this temp?
    also when trying your premium seeds you may want to start with one and make sure your method works, i realize its to late for this now but anytime you are changing to something new its best to test
    Richard Richardson liked this post

Plant of the Month Aug 2016 - Member of the Month Jan 2017 - Crème De La Crème Photo Contest Jan 2017, Feb 2017 Stinky Snid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ambient temp is hovering around 70f, I've read humidity and warmth are positive for germination. And since I've had such success with my bagseeds. I'm just wondering if +or-80f is too high for this strain or??? That's why I'm here mun. Thanks for chiming in.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

did you check the ph of the water? I like to use 5.5, and stowed in a warm dark place sprout in a day or 2. at least that is my experience, now getting them to grow post facto that is another story lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No ph meter yet, but my tap water is ph of 8 and my bottled spring water is Ph 5.2... I've mixed them at 50/50 a litre at a time for watering my " bagseedlings" which are a couple weeks in and doing fine.. First topping and regrowth is flourishing.. So I'm assuming they are in the right Ph range. This is what I used for these 3 NL auto seeds

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast