Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie2015 View Post
    OK ... took out 3 Super Silver Haze seeds and put them into 5.5 Ph bottled water. One was brown and it sunk to the bottom within a minute. hmmmm. I'd be thrilled if I could get 2 going! I'll take them out of water first thing in the morning.

And I've used Costco's Kirkland for my thick paper towels. I smelled them last time and wondered if I smelled any purfume. So I used napkins this last time and at least got a tap root. Anyone know about Kirkland paper towels?
    Why are you PHing your water to 5.5? I always use 7 and never had a problem. After germ and once in soil I start PHing. I guess there are a ton of different ways to do it.
    Last edited by Justalittle; 11-14-2015 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added info
    Shaggn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK CKS and anyone else who wouldn't mind chiming in on my question.

On 11/6/15 I dropped 7 Crop King WW's (Fem) into a glass of water and 4pm PST, 8 hours later I gave all the seeds a gentle push to the bottom of the glass. At 10am the next day (18 hours after dropping seeds) I put them into damp paper towels on a heating pad on low and put in a dark place. On Monday 11/9 exactly 72 hours after dropping the seeds in water they all had tails around 1/2" So I placed the seedlings in FF light warrior soil and put them under my seedling/starter light (sunblaze 22 T5). 24 hours later (Tuesday) 1 baby broke the soil. Later that night 1 more for a total of 2. 48 hours later (Wens) all girls were out and up. Wen and Thursday the grew as I would expect any other seedling to grow but I noticed that sometime Thursday afternoon they just stopped growing.
    As of now they are all around 1 3/4" All 7 made it through germ.

Friday, 7 days after dropping the seeds in water they seemed to have stalled. So my question is should I be concerned or is this just a trait of White Widow feminized? Reason I ask is I have started many of seed as described above in the same exact conditions and never saw a stall like this. Right now the girls are 6" away from the light and temp is 75 degrees and the RH is around 45.

Thank you in advance for any input. Here is just one pic off my bag seed mystery plant that was started same way. She is entering week 7 and suffering from flushing but the buds are frosting nicely.

Shaggn liked this post

Plant of the Month Aug 2016 - Member of the Month Jan 2017 - Crème De La Crème Photo Contest Jan 2017, Feb 2017 Stinky Snid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alright then... Now it's time to give a shout to crop king seeds. After my blunder on germination of my first attempt at their northern lights auto, I've been so grateful to have received an additional 5 seeds to replace my failed ones. These guys are great, no nonsense customer service and amazing results. I've now gone 3 for 3 on Sprouting my NLA's . In pots and growing fast. Thanks for everything cks. Possible grow journal entry coming.
    CropKingSeeds thanked you for this post
    Shaggn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a photo of my two Jack Herer auto's. One was lst'd and topped, the other had a few fan leaves trimmed. 31 days old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snidrajsed View Post
    Alright then... Now it's time to give a shout to crop king seeds. After my blunder on germination of my first attempt at their northern lights auto, I've been so grateful to have received an additional 5 seeds to replace my failed ones. These guys are great, no nonsense customer service and amazing results. I've now gone 3 for 3 on Sprouting my NLA's . In pots and growing fast. Thanks for everything cks. Possible grow journal entry coming.
    You're welcome. We are glad that you are successful with germination now. Keep it up. We are looking forward to your grow journal.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer420 View Post
    Here is a photo of my two Jack Herer auto's. One was lst'd and topped, the other had a few fan leaves trimmed. 31 days old.

Wow. You are good at pictures, eh. Good looking plants there.
    Shaggn liked this post

Save 10% for every order by using the promo code 420MAG-10

CURRENT ACTIVE CONTESTS AND PROMO:

Best Crop King Strains Review by a Real Grower 2016 Contest

Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased 10 of the purple kush and will be growing them with a COB Led hydroponic set up. I was wondering what are the approximate target times for each of the stages, (veg-flow)? Also are there any notorious characteristic indicators of maturity associated with this particular strain? Thank you kindly in advance for your time and help.
    Shaggn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Surprised the "King" didn't at least chime in or have anything to say at all in regards to a question asked about their seeds.

Anyway they are know a little over 3 weeks and they are now in #3 smart pots. They are growing like crazy. Guess the lengthened stall
    was just them babies getting a good foothold before they exploded.

10days old going into a 1 gallon. They out grew that pot in 10 days. Today the just went into the smart pots.
    Shaggn, CropKingSeeds, arteekay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CK

I have all of your fem seeds except the newer ones you just released. I want to know what strain you would recommend to grow first ? I want my first harvest of this to be a larger yield and and high thc. I would like this run to be around 8 to 9 weeks I was thinking dark angel but want to know your opinion. I run 2 1000 watt DE HPS and 2 LEC 315s in a current culture style hydro system running 10, 6 gal buckets with all advanced nutrients products and Co2 in a 8x8 area. What are your thoughts and recommendation

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently purchased some early miss auto seeds and decided to germinate one following the included instructions to a T. Soaked in water for 15 hours then in a wet paper towel for 5 days before the seed split open exposing the edge of the white tap root. Let the seed sit in the paper towel for 3 more days and nothing happened. So I decided to put it into some wet PROMIX seed starting soil.

The pot is ontop of a seedling pad set to 75* and there are some t5 lights above for a bit of warmth.

If it doesn't sprout within a few days I'm calling it a dud.

Is there anything I should do different to ensure the next seed doesn't do the same?

Member of the Month - February 2016 arteekay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've been following the Crop King Seeds germination instructions exactly as well and have had 9 of 11 successfully germinate and sprout. Every one that was successful was showing a noticeable tap root by the second day in the paper towel, with only two going three days.

Then we tried our pack of White Widow feminized seeds. First one was exactly as you describe. Got it cracked but it never rooted. The second one showed a tap root and sprouted, but with a single cotyledon and no growth point. After 4 days of doing nothing we pulled her out. She had grown about an inch long root, but with nothing on top that's where it ended.

So excluding the WW pack, we're at 100%, including it drops the percentage down to 82%. Still not bad, but it took the WW out of our current grow. Even if we'd gotten a third attempt to sprout, it'd be a pain to deal with being 3 weeks behind everything else.

Did you manage to get the seed to sink during the 15+ hours it was in the cup of water? We've managed to get them all so far, but we obsessed over it when all we had growing was our excitement.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

After several hours I was able to sink the seed to the bottom.
    glimmergrass liked this post

Somewhere in Canada, possibly Justin Trudeau's basement
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sascwatch View Post
    Recently purchased some early miss auto seeds and decided to germinate one following the included instructions to a T. Soaked in water for 15 hours then in a wet paper towel for 5 days before the seed split open exposing the edge of the white tap root. Let the seed sit in the paper towel for 3 more days and nothing happened. So I decided to put it into some wet PROMIX seed starting soil.

The pot is ontop of a seedling pad set to 75* and there are some t5 lights above for a bit of warmth.

If it doesn't sprout within a few days I'm calling it a dud.

Is there anything I should do different to ensure the next seed doesn't do the same?
    Hi, Sascwatch, my fellow Canadian!

My first grow was CKS Early Miss (and I've just smoked some, heh heh heh) so she has a very special place in my heart I also massively screwed up the germination of my first two seeds, so, although I'm not an experienced grower, I have a pretty good idea what I did wrong and have successfully done it right twice now

Most of the suggestions given by CKS are great, but I'd note a few refinements, based on my own experience.

1. Soaking is good -- make sure that they're in the dark (a cupboard, whatever) -- up to 18 hours. Even if they don't sink, don't worry.

2. Put them in a moist paper towel, not a wet one. The first reason the tap root extends from the seed is to search for water. If our paper towel is too wet, they don't have to search and the tap root won't extend. I did that to my first two seeds :( So instead of pouring the whole glass of water you've been soaking your seeds in into that towel, just pour a little. Moist to the touch, not sopping wet.

3. Make sure that the seeds are kept warm and dark at this point, during germination. I've had consistent success with putting the moist paper towel with the seeds between two plates, with a normal lightbulb trained right at the top plate. This keeps them warm and dark and moist. My first two seeds I didn't keep warm and they died :( I'm sure you could just put your saucers on top of your seedling pad, but I've only tried the light bulb thing myself.

4. Once you have a tap root, put the seed very carefully into your seed starting soil - try not to touch the tap root at all. At that point, yeah, keep it a little humid, warm and don't drown it Again, it wants moist soil, so the root has to go in search of moisture.

All my very best to you! Let me know if I can help!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips, went up and looked tonight. Moved a bit of soil and immediately saw two green leaves that should emerge anytime. Loosely covered them back up and watered a bit.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sascwatch View Post
    Thanks for the tips, went up and looked tonight. Moved a bit of soil and immediately saw two green leaves that should emerge anytime. Loosely covered them back up and watered a bit.
    What you just did was potentially stress the tappy. NEVER, dig in search of your seedlings. Just take a deep breath, relax and allow them to come up on their own.. It's either they pop up or don't. No need to dig in after them. They will do their job, if not, you germie another seed. Remember this for your next grow. You might (depending on how you did it) get some curling in the leafs now cause of the disturbance/stress it went under while you where digging it out. Nothing serious, just a little tip. for next time.
    arteekay thanked you for this post
    arteekay, Rongo liked this post

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast