Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Post Thanks / Like

re: Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Quote Originally Posted by Torst View Post
    Because you are not in Canada and they didn't send you their bullshit marketing material. Feel lucky!
    You have a grow journal from them or smoke report

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

From CKS I have grown white widow, super silver Haze and now candy cane.

Nothing but good smoke from the photo periods and early miss after 3 grows it is a shit small plant.

WW smoke is great as SSH. Early miss is OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

If you're in the USA I'd look into Ocean Grown genetics. My two cents

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

i talked with cks this week.they told me if my memory serves me correctly, that thier ww strain is the same as greenhouse seeds.and that their candycane is ak,mango,ww-the 10% rudy is a breeding of a rudy times ww-so basically they have a ww rudealis.so their ccaf that didnt autoflower doesnt hav enough of that gene and is likely ak,mango dominant.neither strain carried by cks.i have alot of ideas how this came about.they say they pulled seeds to early.heres a tip maby for next time ordering from cks.ask them for the biggest seeds they have in your desired strain.im gana and see what they say.i would assume that their canadian customers who can walk off the street and buy them get the best seeds.my seeds have all been VERY small from them.the ones you see on tv and stuff are all huge beautifull seeds.i dont think they will make it in the future.their size possibly has led them away from quality breeding, selling only the best of best.id love to go in as ceo,and coo and revamp and restructure their vission, everything.sometimes the bigger you are the harder you fall.in the end the small breeders and growers will win out and always outsurvive big cannabis, because they will always have the best of the best and thats what people will want.you can be small and hav a product people will wait years to get and pay to get it.unless of course we can convince these big commercial grows as to what the consumer truely is after.autoflowers and feminized seeds will continue to ruin the gene pool.i absoluetly prefer regular seeds.buy them now.stock up now.their might be a global shortage now because of the incredible demand thats happenin.i gots me over 10,000 stashed case i ever need em.
    gtrmike470 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The vault hands down

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    Dbrow, gtrmike470 liked this post

Member of the Month Sept 2015 & Nov 2016 - Plant of the Month May 2016 - Nug of the Month Oct 2016 / Nug of the Year 2016 Weaselcracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've always wondered where the CKS strains come from. Their marketing seems to have almost no connection to nature, if I can put it that way. No genetics or history- just product. I highly doubt they'd be doing their breeding in Canada, if they even do any of their own breeding. People seem to like their stuff. I just keep staring at their strains and they all look the same to me, like I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I keep winning $100 CKS seed coupons and then giving them away. Partly because I figure someone else needs the coupon more than me, partly because I just don't seem to be able to find anything I like.
    I do have some Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.
    DemonicAngel liked this post

The Green Hole - my first journal- completed

The Hexapus's Garden - my second journal -completed

Weasel Forges Ahead
    -current

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will say that my white widow seeds was not big at all. They looked pale and under developed. According to CKS that's was just how the White Widow seeds are. No clue if this is bs or not.
    However..... Thos shitty looking seeds turned out to be beautiful plants. I dropped 4 and they all germinated and are now flowering. I haven't had a chance to try them out as today ends my 5th week from turning 12/12 but I'm pretty happy so far

golfer420 liked this post

White Widow under a Phantom 315 CMH (complete)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weaselcracker View Post
    I've always wondered where the CKS strains come from. Their marketing seems to have almost no connection to nature, if I can put it that way. No genetics or history- just product. I highly doubt they'd be doing their breeding in Canada, if they even do any of their own breeding. People seem to like their stuff. I just keep staring at their strains and they all look the same to me, like I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I keep winning $100 CKS seed coupons and then giving them away. Partly because I figure someone else needs the coupon more than me, partly because I just don't seem to be able to find anything I like.
    I do have some Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.
    How does one get these coupons? or win them? very interested

Member of the Month Sept 2015 & Nov 2016 - Plant of the Month May 2016 - Nug of the Month Oct 2016 / Nug of the Year 2016 Weaselcracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

420 has monthly contests for best nug, best plant- which anyone can enter. Also there is the member of the month contest. And the annnual nug/plant/member of the year contest as well. Voted on by whichever members come along and vote. The contests are under the 'lounge' tab at the top. Here https://www.420magazine.com/forums/420-lounge/

Anyway- CKS coupons are among the prizes given out. I try to give away most of them.
    DemonicAngel liked this post

The Green Hole - my first journal- completed

The Hexapus's Garden - my second journal -completed

Weasel Forges Ahead
    -current

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Quote Originally Posted by Grebs View Post
    I asked once before when I was on the phone with them but I don't think I ever really got an answer. Would love to know the history of this companies strain. Feel free to chime in and let us know Crop king. Or anyone who knows.
    Thank you
    We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.
    Imhigh85, TorturedSoul thanked you for this post
    Ghanjakhan, Dbrow, Imhigh85 liked this post

Save 10% for every order by using the promo code 420MAG-10

CURRENT ACTIVE CONTESTS AND PROMO:

Best Crop King Strains Review by a Real Grower 2016 Contest

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CropKingSeeds View Post
    We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.
    I'm glad you showed up here. I'm wondering if you can provide info on where CKS gets their strains and if they do their own breeding? I guess that's kind of a personal question.
    Mainly I find that -with the total lack of genetic strain info on your site - I have a hard time choosing a strain because I don't know what I'm really buying. Would be great to hear the origin of some of these strains. Knowing the lineage tells a person a lot about what they actually are. Thanks.

I have a Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea Weaselcracker.
    Weaselcracker liked this post

White Widow under a Phantom 315 CMH (complete)

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

cks said ww is both sativa and indica dominate.they say they test each seed for thc etc...i know from my experiance that seeds taken from one bud have the closest phenotype. i would prefere that then atleast seeds from the same plant.if not the differences in type can be dramatic.after inbreeding the ww back to original the first seeds from that crop are the hybred good viger seeds, subsequint generations can get off from the original till they inbreed again. i think they did this with my ccaf that didnt flower.they dont sell seeds really geared for the grower.they are just in a way random seeds meant for the novice.i would say their rep here on the forum dosent know how to grow even.its been a couple months since hes even replied to a post.i think i got an f1 ww and a f1 pk.thet now are beauties representing thier strain.according to cks you could end up with a sativa dom or a indica dominate.most all plants have that same possibility.tell them you want one or the other ands see what they say.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I test seeds for possible THC potency? Please explain... haha!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast