Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Don't forget about ILGM Robert Bergman is a great grower and knows his cannabis. And his genetics is amazing.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, all our seeds are tested for THC, CBD and other components by a licensed lab here in Canada. You can find the PDF of the result in each strain's page in our website. this is cks 4th or 5th post when they first joined.

Member of the Month Sept 2015 & Nov 2016 - Plant of the Month May 2016 - Nug of the Month Oct 2016 / Nug of the Year 2016 Weaselcracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow we don't even need to sprout them anymore? Cool.

Expensive to smoke seeds though.

Are you sure this lab is legit?

Post Thanks / Like

Just because they post THC/CBD/CBN #'s doesn't mean you will get those numbers in your grow anyway.
    JimmyJames905 liked this post

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CropKingSeeds View Post
    We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.
    CORRECTION: In order for you to have "the original White Widow" you would have to have copies of the original parents, which you do not. You may have used "original" White Widow seeds to create second generation, or "F2" seeds, which makes yours knock offs, not original seeds. The only breeder that has White Widow P1 stock is Shantibaba, the breeder of the original White Widow.
    Eeko, bignugz420, Weaselcracker liked this post

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkican View Post
    cks said ww is both sativa and indica dominate.they say they test each seed for thc etc...i know from my experiance that seeds taken from one bud have the closest phenotype. i would prefere that then atleast seeds from the same plant.if not the differences in type can be dramatic.after inbreeding the ww back to original the first seeds from that crop are the hybred good viger seeds, subsequint generations can get off from the original till they inbreed again. i think they did this with my ccaf that didnt flower.they dont sell seeds really geared for the grower.they are just in a way random seeds meant for the novice.i would say their rep here on the forum dosent know how to grow even.its been a couple months since hes even replied to a post.i think i got an f1 ww and a f1 pk.thet now are beauties representing thier strain.according to cks you could end up with a sativa dom or a indica dominate.most all plants have that same possibility.tell them you want one or the other ands see what they say.
    So, by definition, CKS "white widow", would at best be an f2, then.
    White Widow, is an F1 indica/sativa cross of very specific P1 (parent) stock. CKS doesn't have the P1 parents, period. So, what they've done, is buy F1 seeds from Mr. Nice and re-fuck them-Making an f2 seedlot. Got it.
    F1 hybrids by definition, equally(!) exhibit the traits of the original P1 stock. An f2 cross of an F1 hybrid exhibit not a perfect blend of the P1 stock like an F1 does, but strong expressions of either/or parent. To clarify: CKS admitted in so many words that they simply knock off the original White Widow and your results will vary wildly. FFS, There's (slightly) less shame in selling overpriced knock offs if they'd just admit what they're doing. They don't sell Original White Widow, they sell a copy.
    bignugz420 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am to understand that all the seeds in Canada come from the same distributer . Each storefront has there own name . I had ordered seeds from 4 different online stores , and there was a huge mix up , as the distributor got all 4 orders at once .... Each "store" seemed to have all 4 orders on file .....
    JimmyJames905 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, that isn't even close to true.
    JimmyJames905 liked this post

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkican View Post
    Yes, all our seeds are tested for THC, CBD and other components by a licensed lab here in Canada. You can find the PDF of the result in each strain's page in our website. this is cks 4th or 5th post when they first joined.
    You can not test seeds for their potential THC, CBD or other components by any lab.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames905 View Post
    You can not test seeds for their potential THC, CBD or other components by any lab.

Wouldn't that be fantastic though, I wish!

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

My wish is that companies that sell to the horticultural community would stop lying to us. In many cases the end user is much more knowledgeable than the product supplier. From lighting to seed to soil these companies continue to lie to us, misrepresenting their products in hopes of preying on our ignorance.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

This is my white cookies plant from CKS, seems like good genetics to me! it's only on day 28 of flower

My Current Grow Journal:
    Crop King's White Cookies Monster

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kushnoj27 View Post
    This is my white cookies plant from CKS, seems like good genetics to me! it's only on day 28 of flower

I don't think anyone is disputing wether the plant grows well or is indeed "quality". The concern is that Crop King's claim that it is both Sativa and indica dominant (as ridiculous as that sounds) is wrong. By definition, dominate implies "one greater than the other". No one thing can be dominant in two separate lineages. It is by definition impossible. That aside...according to a recent genetic study conducted at Guelph University (Canada's foremost agricultural and cannabis research university) "White Widow" is 100% Indica with most reported claims showing its ancestry at 40% Sativa. The claim that it is both Sativa and Indica dominant is therefore easily refuted both through basic logic and genetic research.
    Crop King (and every other seed company) needs to understand that frivolous claims with attached arbitrary numbers will no longer fool the general public in the Information Age. Studies are being conducted worldwide by several accredited universities. Information is easily obtained. Lying to the public is not only easily refuted through scientific research it is detrimental to the credibility of any company still spreading these lies.

Attached is a graph from the university of Guelph cannabis genome project. This paper was published in the scientific journal PLOS one and can be reviewed under the article "The Genetic Structure of Marijuana and Hemp"

Jason Sawler, Jake M. Stout, Kyle M. Gardner, Darryl Hudson, John Vidmar, Laura Butler, Jonathan E. Page, Sean Myles

Weaselcracker liked this post

Plant Of The Month - June 2016 Nug of the Month - August 2017 GrizzWald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me they got greenhouse seeds clone of white widow..
    Weaselcracker liked this post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Speaking is to repeat something you already knew... Listening is to learn something new...

The brownies scare me though. Last time i ate some i thought i went blind for a while, then i remembered i had my eyes closed..... Nicholas Flamel

There were three of us and I rolled three joints, one for each of us, hahaha. It seemed logical at the time, still does..... nevil

So rather than begin debates that spark rumors that kindle stories that burn down truths...try to plant a seed and see if that proves who we are or not.
    All the best to all of you...Shantibaba

Current Journal; https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...-new-spot.html

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzWald View Post
    Sounds to me they got greenhouse seeds clone of white widow..
    I'd say one of the people that makes seeds for CKS bought some WW seeds from GHS.
    GHS doesn't keep P1 stock in Holland, their facilities for making seeds are in South Africa. And, GHS quite probably doesn't have the original P1 WW parent stock any more, they just inbreed their old stock-F2, F3, etc etc.
    And, to split hairs, for fun: Even if (lol) CKS did have an "original WW clone", White Widow is an F1 hybrid of two specific parents: One indica and one sativa, and without those specific, individual parents, one cannot produce the original White Widow seeds. The only results that can be produced w/o the parents are at best, an unstable F2-plus generation which unequally represents the original P1 stock.
    Summary: As Jimmy said, the vast majority of these modern seed sellers are full of Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain? and prey on the ignorance and exuberance of uneducated consumers.
    Eeko thanked you for this post
    JimmyJames905, Weaselcracker liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast