Thread: Total Newbie here - Ordered Green Crack and Dark Angel. Basic advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Total Newbie here - Ordered Green Crack and Dark Angel. Basic advice?

Howdy all,

I have never grown anything. Or used anything for that matter. So I am completely in the dark here. I was planning on growing outside, but an option is a shed or a walled off part of a garage. Can you take a moment and just give me some basic advice getting started? Should I plant outside, or in? In the shed, or the garage? The shed has a raised wood floor, and the garage is cement.

I live in NorCal, and the weather is just starting to warm up. So, apart from ordering the seeds, what is next?

Thank you kindly!
    Fastdogz thanked you for this post
    Weaselcracker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Total Newbie here - Ordered Green Crack and Dark Angel. Basic advice?

I like the web site growweedeasy.com as a primer. It's pretty good and quite comprehensive.

Next you have to decide:
    1. Indoors or out?
    Are you concerned about security? Do you have a gardener, pool guy? Just because growing is state legal where you are, that doesn't mean people won't steal your stuff. Too many people are in and out of my back yard and too many people can see into it. That's why I grow indoors.

2. Soil or hydro? I'm using Coco coir indoors, but a lot of amazing growers here are using soil mixes.

3. If growing indoors, what type of light and timer will I use. Almost regardless of type, you will need to set up some kind of air movement. Cannabis likes a breeze.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 500 bucks in with 4 plants near harvest on my first grow and I'm planning to smoke my 1st joint next week on my 45th birthday. After they legalized pot last November, I thought, why not grow some weed? I'm loving the growing part. Hopefully, the product is good at the end.

Dan__
    ASAP Danis thanked you for this post
    Weaselcracker, savingson, Dank4The20 liked this post

Member of the Month Sept 2015 & Nov 2016 - Plant of the Month May 2016 - Nug of the Month Oct 2016 / Nug of the Year 2016 Weaselcracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

savingson liked this post

The Green Hole - my first journal- completed

The Hexapus's Garden - my second journal -completed

Weasel Forges Ahead
    -current

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weedineer View Post
    I like the web site growweedeasy.com as a primer. It's pretty good and quite comprehensive.

Next you have to decide:
    1. Indoors or out?
    Are you concerned about security? Do you have a gardener, pool guy? Just because growing is state legal where you are, that doesn't mean people won't steal your stuff. Too many people are in and out of my back yard and too many people can see into it. That's why I grow indoors.

2. Soil or hydro? I'm using Coco coir indoors, but a lot of amazing growers here are using soil mixes.

3. If growing indoors, what type of light and timer will I use. Almost regardless of type, you will need to set up some kind of air movement. Cannabis likes a breeze.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 500 bucks in with 4 plants near harvest on my first grow and I'm planning to smoke my 1st joint next week on my 45th birthday. After they legalized pot last November, I thought, why not grow some weed? I'm loving the growing part. Hopefully, the product is good at the end.

Dan__
    Thanks for the great info, Dan! Still haven't got my seeds, but I was told it would take up to 10 days. I am on day 5 now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weaselcracker View Post
    Thanks for the help, Weasel!
    Weaselcracker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Howdy all,

I have never grown anything. Or used anything for that matter. So I am completely in the dark here. I was planning on growing outside, but an option is a shed or a walled off part of a garage. Can you take a moment and just give me some basic advice getting started? Should I plant outside, or in? In the shed, or the garage? The shed has a raised wood floor, and the garage is cement.

I live in NorCal, and the weather is just starting to warm up. So, apart from ordering the seeds, what is next?

Thank you kindly!
    Pay attention to that article when it talks about climate control! Have a plan to heat and cool BEFORE you have too. Learn from about 98℅ of us.
    If it isn't fun and relaxing, your thinking too much!
    Guage

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weaselcracker View Post
    Probably the best all-in-one resource on the Internet for people that don't know anything about growing cannabis - and even those who know quite a bit can learn a thing or two.

And it's right here on our forum. Ought to be required reading.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul