Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autoflower Topping

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Autoflower Topping

I topped all 3 of my autos on my last run and will top both I have going now.. You can even top them down from say the 5th node to the 3rd node and plant the top and get a nice nugget out of that since they both will be on the same life cycle/timeline. Autoflower ToppingAutoflower ToppingAutoflower ToppingAutoflower Topping

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
    yyc420 thanked you for this post
    Kingjoe83, yyc420 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autoflower Topping

Quote Originally Posted by Askhole420 View Post
    I topped all 3 of my autos on my last run and will top both I have going now.. You can even top them down from say the 5th node to the 3rd node and plant the top and get a nice nugget out of that since they both will be on the same life cycle/timeline. Autoflower ToppingAutoflower ToppingAutoflower ToppingAutoflower Topping

I love hearing experienced success stories like this. It's inspiring and also goes to show that autos can be real contenders if you're looking for both strength and yield.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    Integrum Stultus thanked you for this post
    Integrum Stultus liked this post

In the end, we're all just flower growers. So let's be nice to each other.

My Current WW and Northern Lights Auto Grow

Plant Medicine 101 - Diagnose Your Sick Plant

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FYI my first time ever topping plants I can see already how it is going to make better yield. Light lst on nyc and heavy on candy cane two days after topped. They are doing awesome.

Topping and F.I.Ming your Cannabis plants - YouTube how to top and Lst.

my journal
    Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow
    yyc420 liked this post

King's True Grow - Autos - LED - 900 - Tent - Pro Mix

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...ml#post3400579

Post Thanks / Like

Ima try planting that sucker next time. Thanks!
    Integrum Stultus thanked you for this post
    Integrum Stultus liked this post

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

That credit would hafta go to ohioboy.. He's the one that told me. Autoflower Topping

yyc420, Kingjoe83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That credit would hafta go to ohioboy.. He's the one that told me. Autoflower Topping

You use need oil and just cut a branch off lower branch or top branch and spray with need oil then plant and watering only ?

Topping and F.I.Ming your Cannabis plants - YouTube how to top and Lst.

my journal
    Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow
    yyc420 liked this post

King's True Grow - Autos - LED - 900 - Tent - Pro Mix

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...ml#post3400579

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't top nyc d again if I was to grow them they do not recover well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjoe83 View Post
    I wouldn't top nyc d again if I was to grow them they do not recover well.
    Got pics?
    Kingjoe83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodguy View Post
    Got pics?

you can't see it bud nothing grew from.my top attempt on any of the four nyc d auto s candy cane bounce well they are very well for noobs lol I'll get better picture this evening and show you lights off now here.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm growing some CKS Revolver autos and one got "accidentally topped" maybe 2 weeks ago. I've seen on YouTube that it's not a good idea to top autos but mine took right off with growing tips. She has something like 10 strong growths coming out now. Probably a couple weeks from buds, but she has pre-flowers in the nodes.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've run a couple packs of Candy Cane and Northern Lights Autos from CKS and I've found that topping and LST work out well up until they start throwing pistils and I would even say critical to get a good yield however transplanting is the real danger with these strains.

I've topped my NL and CC autos twice in the past without issue and they've outperformed the siblings that I let be. That said, I believe that these techniques will prolong the growing cycle so it will take longer for them to reach maturity and you really need to learn to identify "done" with them; harvesting at the advertised time will likely leave you short.

I have found these autos to be good for practicing and learning to read plants better but after running more than a few packs of seeds, I'm on 100% photo strains now. The flexibility of veg duration to increase yield and maturity before going to flower, the forgiveness afforded to transplant or recover from mistakes, the ability to run a plant that you like after you've harvested it, these are all reasons that I'm happy to leave these Autos in my past. All the rest I have will be getting dropped in the ground to grow outdoors at their own pace and without my interference.
    handjive4mota thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got that pack of autos because they are advertised as good beginner strains. My plant has a whole lot of stems budding now. It started the beginning of this week, so I guess bu the end of next month it should be ready to harvest, according to the timeline. If topping it will add to it a bit, I'll go by the looks of the pistils and trichomes. I'm still an extreme beginner, and the sister plant to the one I posted here is drying up and shriveling pretty fierce and I don't know why; they are being treated the same. Anyway, I have some photoperiod White Widows backing it up, but they are still in the early stages yet. I'm just hoping my skills will improve before they get to the stage where I can get them to bud.
    Kingjoe83 thanked you for this post

==============================================
    Stress:
    The confusion that results when the mind overrides the body's desire to
    kick the living shit out of someone who desperately needs it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier View Post
    I got that pack of autos because they are advertised as good beginner strains. My plant has a whole lot of stems budding now. It started the beginning of this week, so I guess bu the end of next month it should be ready to harvest, according to the timeline. If topping it will add to it a bit, I'll go by the looks of the pistils and trichomes. I'm still an extreme beginner, and the sister plant to the one I posted here is drying up and shriveling pretty fierce and I don't know why; they are being treated the same. Anyway, I have some photoperiod White Widows backing it up, but they are still in the early stages yet. I'm just hoping my skills will improve before they get to the stage where I can get them to bud.
    Only way to go is up! You can only add to your skills, not take away from them as far as I'm concerned.

If I'm reading what you've wrote correctly, the auto has gone into flower already? If that's the case don't top it. Only top during veg.

Also, your WW photos are a lot more forgiving with the learning curve since they have more recovery time (as much as you give until flipping to 12/12). So you're gonna do great I'm sure, you're learning more and more just by being on these forums.

flytier thanked you for this post
    Kingjoe83, handjive4mota liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good words. The plant actually got accidentally topped a number of weeks ago when I was fumbling with an attempt at LST, but the branching took right off pretty much immediately. I had no plans on doing it, but to let it grow in one piece.

One thing I like to do when I take up a new activity is lots and lots of research. I have a B.Sc. in Environmental Biology, so I kind of have the botany part covered, but the horticulture part is another story altogether, and that's why I joined this forum and another one, growweedeasy.com . Chances are there's more than one person reading my posts that have made the same mistakes and asked the same questions.
    yyc420, Kingjoe83 liked this post

==============================================
    Stress:
    The confusion that results when the mind overrides the body's desire to
    kick the living shit out of someone who desperately needs it.

Post Thanks / Like

Autoflower Topping

Exactly. Understanding that a bit of "foot work" and research needs to be done is vital. You're gonna be pro in no time.

Honestly, these forums and growweedeasy were life savers when I was starting out.
    308jerry, Kingjoe83, handjive4mota liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast