Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Why buy Crop King Seeds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why buy Crop King Seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot317 View Post
    Thanks, vero29
    I really need to look into cob lighting, gorgeous girls man, and beautiful buds, kuddos!
    Buckshot317 thanked you for this post
    pennywise, Buckshot317 liked this post

First DIY Grow Cabinet

LaidBackLeo87::soil::LED/CFL::bagseed::first grow

Post Thanks / Like

Was gonna make my first seed purchase from CKS but went with Nirvana. I've seen a number of posts about CKS and the way they treat people amongst a slew of other issues.

My 1st CFL Grow 💡
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343611

My SoundCloud 🏝
    http://soundcloud.com/iampalmetto

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iampalmetto View Post
    Was gonna make my first seed purchase from CKS but went with Nirvana. I've seen a number of posts about CKS and the way they treat people amongst a slew of other issues.
    Nirvana is a great choice...
    iampalmetto thanked you for this post
    iampalmetto liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaidBackLeo87 View Post
    I really need to look into cob lighting, gorgeous girls man, and beautiful buds, kuddos!
    at the risk of inciting a riot on the internet...I have an opinion.

I work in a warehouse for an industrial lighting manufacturer/distributor. Street lights, High bay lights, Parkades and parking lots etc...
    COB is definitely the "thing" it seems now, however after speaking with a few sales reps I'm not going to be rushing out and buying one any time soon.

The guy who sells these things, whose pay check comes from them selling, told me (today) COB have a higher burn out rate and run much hotter.

The bigger the cluster, the higher the heat/burn out rate.
    gtrmike470 thanked you for this post
    LaidBackLeo87, gtrmike470, omega83 liked this post

In the end, we're all just flower growers. So let's be nice to each other.

My Current WW and Northern Lights Auto Grow

Plant Medicine 101 - Diagnose Your Sick Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yyc420 View Post
    at the risk of inciting a riot on the internet...I have an opinion.

I work in a warehouse for an industrial lighting manufacturer/distributor. Street lights, High bay lights, Parkades and parking lots etc...
    COB is definitely the "thing" it seems now, however after speaking with a few sales reps I'm not going to be rushing out and buying one any time soon.

The guy who sells these things, whose pay check comes from them selling, told me (today) COB have a higher burn out rate and run much hotter.

The bigger the cluster, the higher the heat/burn out rate.
    That's what this is about man, information not egos. Thanks for the heads up I'll have to look into it.
    yyc420, gtrmike470 thanked you for this post

First DIY Grow Cabinet

LaidBackLeo87::soil::LED/CFL::bagseed::first grow

Post Thanks / Like

Cobs don't burn out nearly as often as single diodes in blurples. Mine have 10 year warranty on chips. Street lights, high bays are normally in a sealed case(weatherproof), with cheaper drivers, and they are passively cooled, they simply overheat. I've changed few hundred, that has happened to.
    LaidBackLeo87 thanked you for this post
    Suntana, LaidBackLeo87, Lady Antheia liked this post

Breaking Brix - Buck's DIYs With Doc Bud's Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Cobs don't burn out nearly as often as single diodes in blurples. Mine have 10 year warranty on chips. Street lights, high bays are normally in a sealed case(weatherproof), with cheaper drivers, and they are passively cooled, they simply overheat. I've changed few hundred, that has happened to.
    Its actually the opposite. They are encased in NEMA rated enclosures. Especially if being sold for industrial purposes Nothing below NEMA 4.

These have heat synchs that weigh more than you and me brother. He has no reason to blow smoke up my ass. I'm not buying from the guy. Just giving me his 40 plus years of experience in the lighting biz.

I've no doubt that you're growing great stuff. Just taking the advice and words from someone with much, much more expertise in the field.

Peace.
    omega83 thanked you for this post
    omega83, LaidBackLeo87, gtrmike470 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your right they have big heatsinks, but they are encased and they are passively cooled(no fan). They hold a lot of heat. Nema 4 is a weatherproof enclosure.

Does the guy load trucks? Or actually builds the lights? Most warehouse guys I've known aren't to knowledgeable, that's why 5% are damaged during shipping lol . There's one thing I'm 100% sure about and that's electricity. But that's just wrong info, surf around all the sites you can find and just show me where the Cree, vero, and citizen chips have a high tendency to burn out. That's why they have long warranty on chips. I'll ask the rep at work what percentage of cob lights, that gets toasted in first 2 years, he should know, he's the one that has to replace them.

I'm not trying to be cocky but I've installed 1000's of outdoor led lights in past 2 years alone, not once have I gone back to replace one. Had many bad photo cells, or just broke in shipping.

Thanks for liking the grow
    pennywise liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nema 4 is a sealed box(hence weatherproof)

Post Thanks / Like

Why buy Crop King Seeds

Your right they have big heatsinks, but they are encased and they are passively cooled(no fan). They hold a lot of heat. Nema 4 is a weatherproof enclosure.

Does the guy load trucks? Or actually builds the lights? Most warehouse guys I've known aren't to knowledgeable, that's why 5% are damaged during shipping lol . There's one thing I'm 100% sure about and that's electricity. But that's just wrong info, surf around all the sites you can find and just show me where the Cree, vero, and citizen chips have a high tendency to burn out. That's why they have long warranty on chips. I'll ask the rep at work what percentage of cob lights, that gets toasted in first 2 years, he should know, he's the one that has to replace them.

I'm not trying to be cocky but I've installed 1000's of outdoor led lights in past 2 years alone, not once have I gone back to replace one. Had many bad photo cells, or just broke in shipping.

Thanks for liking the grow
    Okay that was rude. I'm a warehouse guy. He's an experienced salesman. I handle the products daily.

Your opinion must be right. Just an un knowledgeable warehouse donkey here. Let's just agree to disagree.

Bye.
    omega83, pennywise liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to be rude, I apologize if I came off that way. In my experience with outdoor lights, haven't had any chips burn up. Sorry if I came off that way, I know I'm a dick to work for, I get reminded daily. Here's a pic of lights putting in now, there's no ventilation, with temp gun, the housing is 146 degrees F. You can imagine how hot inside would be

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot the pic
    pennywise, LaidBackLeo87 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iampalmetto View Post
    American Pie by Nirvana is what Im smoking now and it's a brain breaker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Twox View Post
    The Eye Candy Thread is God like... Buckshot created a monster.
    omega83, iampalmetto liked this post

First Grow Ever!

420 Photo Contest Winner - March 2017 & May 2017 GrowchyzGardenOfGreen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god seedsman is a sponsor here. Never ordered from cks but was looking at them for our next order. Who cares if they never come here and apologize, you just cost them another order. I've read enough about cks here to know better. Thanks fellas!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried nirvana yet, do they have some pretty good strains. My next purchase I may give them a try. I have a bunch of new to me strains, idk what to pick for next grow, still have couple more weeks for soil to cook, gonna give hi-brix a try
    iampalmetto liked this post

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast