Lighting Schedule

ozric420

Hello everyone, I read something the other day on cannabis lighting ,that I thought was interesting and I would like your input. one of the things that caught my eye was the saving on electric,it's called the 12-1 method,and this is what they said. that you can cut down on the time u run your lights on veg cycle. do 12 hours on ,then 5 1/2 off, then on for 1 hour ,then 5 1/2 off. they say the one hour on is good enough to fool the plant to stay in veg, with no problems , they also state that 12 on 12 off is not ideal for cannabis to flower, they state that 11 on 13 off is better,because this sends a clear message to the plant to flower, also that if u decrease time every week by 15 minutes,to do as the sun does, flower time is shorter and buds grow bigger. anyone ever try this? ,would love to hear from u. Thanks

170 views and no comments , :thumb:

I see it referred to as the gas lantern routine on here.. I believe Twelve12 started the trend and has documentation to back up the great results he got from using it.

It's called "The Gas Lantern Routine" and apparently it does work, you can do a search here and and look at severaly grow journals and threads with testimony. As far as deviating from 12/12, haven't heard of many that stray but one more hour of darkness does work as well.

Some growers use a dark stage of 1-2 days before flipping to 12/12 hrs from veg. to bloom. I guess this would work well for tough haze/sativa strains to force flowering.

Flipper

As stated before in another thread in reply to your comments Frank, this method is ONLY used in the VEG stage. When using this lighting schedule your plants will not ever flower, thus they will not go hermie! You have to switch over to standard 12/12 when you want your plants to start flowering.

It's called "The Gas Lantern Routine" and apparently it does work, you can do a search here and and look at severaly grow journals and threads with testimony. As far as deviating from 12/12, haven't heard of many that stray but one more hour of darkness does work as well.

thank u

Some growers use a dark stage of 1-2 days before flipping to 12/12 hrs from veg. to bloom. I guess this would work well for tough haze/sativa strains to force flowering.

Flipper[TE]

thank u

I see it referred to as the gas lantern routine on here.. I believe Twelve12 started the trend and has documentation to back up the great results he got from using it.

thank u

As stated before in another thread in reply to your comments Frank, this method is ONLY used in the VEG stage. When using this lighting schedule your plants will not ever flower, thus they will not go hermie! You have to switch over to standard 12/12 when you want your plants to start flowering.[/QU

i agree

I don't understand how this would save you much money on a power bill unless it was a larger grow. If not, it could just be a hassle as well.
Things like this is how plants are snuffed out. Cannabis is very durable and will grow anywhere corn can.

So use the LITFA method with plants.
Leave
It
The
Fuck
Alone

I don't understand how this would save you much money on a power bill unless it was a larger grow. If not, it could just be a hassle as well.
Things like this is how plants are snuffed out. Cannabis is very durable and will grow anywhere corn can.

So use the LITFA method with plants.
Leave
It
The
Fuck
Alone

So you think the GLR system will snuff out a plant?
You should tell that to the people using it because I think they are under the impression that their bigger yields are from the GLR and not something else.

the only real benefit is you're saving electricity.. I've used it and didn't really notice a difference in growth. That's just my experience.. Your yield is determined by root space, number of nodes and bud sites, and then flowering light / nutrients, not so much the veg light schedule.

Your yield is determined by root space, number of nodes and bud sites, and then flowering light / nutrients, not so much the veg light schedule.

That is exactly what the veg and light cycle are for. Root systems grow more during the night cycle. It's the transfer of hormones from the leaves down the stalk to the roots during the dark cycle that increases the root mass giving you large plant and flower growth. Here are the names of a few articles that will explain it for you:

Circadian control of root elongation and C partitioning
Stable diurnal growth rhythms modulate root elongation of
Arabidopsis thalian

How Exposure to Irregular Light Affects Plant Circadian Rhythms

There are many more but that gives you a solid foundation for using this cycle.

hey guys just a quick question, I have 4 autos under a 150 watt HPS light with 2 55watt CFL both full spectrum lighting in DWC. 2 autos are almost 7 weeks old and have shown preflowers for about 2 1/2 weeks but i have not seen any further development other than height increase. i switched to bloom nutrients 10 days ago. i have read online that since they r so old and just now starting to flower that i might need to force flower them with 12/12 light schedule because the particular pheno type might have a photoperiod characteristic..... does this make sense to any of you guys?
--- i read keep the autos on 12/12 for about 2 weeks then u can switch back to 18/6 or 20/4 when there has been noticable bud development...... then other places ive read that i should just wait it out as they could take up to 12 weeks to finish...

can anyone make any recommendations pleasee? i am getting worried

Back
Top Bottom