Growing & Mozart

Archy

Hi to everyone,

As a none native spoken english I apologize for every mistake I will undoubtedly make.
(reading you from the other side of atlantic)
Also I will let to the moderator the cleaverness to redirect this topic If they judge it necessary.
My question is simple, as everything seems to grow better with music (world of vibration and frequency imo), does anyone try to grow mj with a adequate amount of music? ( soc, scrog etc.. added with Mozart,brahms , Choppin... ).

My french utopist point of view perhaps.

I'm not afraid of bashing.
:)

Love to all, and to all contribution.

Peace.

Re: Growing and Mozart

Well, it seems that no one tried. I was perhaps wrong in the idea of adding music during culture.
I'll try, this is the best way to know.
I believe this topic was post in the good area (?!), no moderator did moderate it :)
I will leave this topic alive for 24h or somethin', then retrieve it.
thanks for watchin' (cos I know you've been watchin' ;) )

Peace.

Hello Archy and welcome from the US.

Thanks for proposing the idea. I have not introduced plants to music but I think I remember some research from back in the late 70's or early 80's into this very topic. I can't say that I remember hearing the outcome of the experiments but it seems to me if an advantage had been discovered it would be widely incorporated all growing.

I'd bet the best benefit of music in our grow rooms would be to distract or calm us so we stay out of the way of the plant and just let it grow! Maybe just speaking for myself now. :laughtwo:

Good growing to you.

Hey!! Finally there's some life up there :)

Thanks TanR for the kind words, I appreciate, welcome in my computer on the other side of Atlantic ;). If classical music could make us trim like Karajan use his conductor's baton, that would be a hell of a job!
Thanks to the moderator (moderator!!), you'll see that you are not so far from the truth.
Dear CA215, I do agree with you....global world on tv is not so cool.

To tell you the truth, I suprisely found something this morning that was far -far- behond my mythical supputation.
Few studies quite well known in a side years ago, few test in an other, most of our (my) data on this subject where comming from so called people history.
( I hope untill this point my english is not too bad!! tell me!)
Protocols for theses test were a bit so-so ( not serious I mean!), and thus legitimely were not so appreciated. And stayed into myth. But, still remaining that 'something' was working.
Lets make it clear, it is not as simple as classical music/good, black norvegian metal/stressfull for the plant.
I guess everybody is quite aware about wave and vibration, that are the rules of energy dissipation and transmission when it commes to a certain scale of the living. Just fact.

A french scientist ( not my fault :p ) found someting interesting recent years ago......... and as I was writing this, I finally found something in english.
United States Patent Application: 0020177186
I know this is the US patent stuff, but there is more technical things in there that what I could explain to you.

Now the video, (I sincerly wish someone on your side could seriously speaks french to tell you about it, )
If you don't speak french, just try to follow the image and figure it as far as you can...

Thanks for your patience, and apologize for all my bad words and my motivation.
Bringing another brick is good enough for me.

cheers ;)

I read about this concept a few grows back and have been wanting to give it a try but just dont have adiquite space to do this with my living space also sharing my grow tents.

From what I read that some studies were done about different types of music and classical music produced great results and rap and rock music stunted growth over the control plants. I found some other companies that use a similar technique called sonic bloom where it is a combination of foliar feeding with certain frequencies of sound that is supposed to stimulate plant metabolism and increase intake of the foliar feedings resulting in healthier plants.

After finding some of these hints at a connection I found a resource that was saying they narrowed it down to the frequencies of bird chirps which range in the 3k range and another said 4k-5k and these frequencies also had a similar response to plant growth. I figured that this made sense that since birds chirp before the sun rises and through the morning, and plants and birds have a relationship on earth for quite a while, there may be some possible benefit to these claims and I can see the bird chirps almost being like an alarm clock for the plants.

I found this on research(dot)com by Robert A Nelson *have to give credit where its due.
The growth of plants can be stimulated by sound alone. The effect continues up to 50 KHz. Frequencies of 4-5 KHz are particularly effective for increasing germination, enzyme activity, and respiration.

Normally, the streaming movement of protoplasm in plant cells slows down in the early morning and evening, but this streaming can be accelerated by an audio frequency generator used for 30 minutes at a distance of about 5 feet from the plants. As a result, the amount and rate of growth increases. Plants should not be treated thus for more than 3 hours daily, or the plants are likely to die within a month or two, depending on the quality of the sound and its intensity. Very loud, high frequency sound causes cellular disruption and death. Some rock'n roll music also does so.

A revolutionary process called "Sonic Bloom", invented by Dan Carlson, uses a 3 KHz tone (modulated to produce birdlike chirps and whistles) and a foliar spray (55 trace minerals, seaweed, gibberillin and amino acids) to produce "indeterminate growth in plants". His first success was with a Purple Passion house plant that normally grows only about 18 inches. Under the influence of Sonic Bloom, the plant eventually grew over 1,200 feet, and earned itself a place in the Guinness Book of World Records. (29)

Growers using Sonic Bloom report dramatic increases in yield, better tasting vegetables and fruits, and more brilliant flowers. Cultivators can expect increased production and early maturity. Alfalfa sprouts will increase in weight by 1,200% within 3 days. The sprouts will have a much longer shelf life (2-3 weeks) than usual (3-4 days). Experiments with Sonic Bloom in Africa produced plants which survived extremely hot weather and flooding. Sonic Bloom also will produce fruit on first year trees. Apple farmers have reported triple-sized yields, 8-month shelf life, and a huge increase in nutrient values: 126% more potassium, 326% more chromium, 400% more iron, and 1,750% more zinc. Losses to diseases and pests have been reduced more than 80%.

I haven't really seen many studies done in this area yet to allow me really understand it or qualify it having any effect, but common sense leads me to believe everything in nature has an effect on its surroundings, so I definitely would say based on that alone there is possibility.

Dear Icemud,

Fack, I wish my english could be as good as my french is, because it's starting to be interesting here.
To my point of view; vibration and wave are keys to unlock or Inhibit power of genetics, on/off the living .
Interesting to see the concordance of the search and results. And funny to see those astounding results without any move from anyside.
On this side Genodics - Pionnier en génodique

I'm gonna make some pasta .....because it is not so far from 9 pm here ;)
Back on tomorrow.

Cheers to all.
thanks Icemud.

Very interesting concept! Thanks to all who posted the info and links.

Archy - your English is fine. Certainly better than my Francaise!

Ice - I'm still laughing hard from " ...and plants and birds have a relationship on earth for quite a while...". Quite the understatement I think! I'm going to explore the Sonic Bloom info you posted. Some of the claims made in that are quite impressive. Can you imagine a 1,200 percent increase in weight of Cannabis buds!

I was actually thinking about putting some 60's psych on for my plant, but if rock'n'roll stunts my buds, I'll drop this idea. Need to research it a little bit more :)

I did a little reading on this.They put two plants in two separate rooms.One had clas the other had rock. the plant listing to the rock grew away from the source.classical grew toward the scource. they say indian as in india. I have an boombox with a kindle hook up that either smooth jazz or classical.google it lots of material out their. they even have a machince that produces the musice

I normally don't chime in as i'm not scientific. However i like to think of myself as fairly musically inclined a bit. So here is my opinion to your question. First let me give you a bit of background....i am by definition a metal head, with a love of ALL music...truly! Music for me as a human depends on mood, one minute heavy metal, the next it can be jazz, classical, african, or ragae. so i tested the music/plant theory and found that....plants hate heavy, loud banging music...all the ones i put in a room with my favorite taste either wound up short or died, all of the plants that i used classical,very light jazz, indian (not india) and believe it or not just one of those noise emitters that just have rushing wind,running water etc. all freakin flourished. I DON'T KNOW anyone else yet that has tried this, so this is just my own opinion but the way i look at it is this....i can't talk to a plant and ask what it likes but i do know this much...if i'm angry..it's metal! if i want to feel soothed and at ease, i smoke a fatty an listen to something that makes me feel at ease. My suggestion is this...plants love feeling the heartbeat of mother earth and that's why god left them outside to grow in earth....they love air and sun as much as we do so give them the same benefit of growing inside as they would get from growing outside(wind,birds chirping, etc,). an hey, the best way to answer your own question is to try your own test....bet you'll be surprised with the outcome. happy tokin brothers and sisters

I normally only lurk in these threads and educate myself, but I must chime in here. There are proven effects between plants and sound. It is more of a cause/effect event. Play the recorded sound of caterpillars munching on corn next to a growing cornstalk, and that stalk will emit secretions that attract wasps, the caterpillars enemy. As far as growing goes, the principal is different. The wave harmonics generated by the music is where the plants get an advantage. Music selection will change the harmonics and different music has different harmonics. There's a good reason that the product in this link is $1,800.00. Biowave DI-9200

P.S. I'm not intending on advertising with this link, and if I'm in violation I apologize. My intent is to try to reinforce my point.

Edit for spelling.

Mythbusters did a fun video on this. They found that constant heavy metal music produced the greatest growth in their test (with control group).

Good to know, man :)

wow! Thank you... I was planning on trying a sounds of the rainforest or something to that tone. I watched an episode of myth busters where they had the same results you described with the types of music. I was going to implicate sounds into my grow, now I'm confident

Don't forget to tip your delivery driver

Have seen this done in medical Cali grows. Left on Pandora Bob Marley (I Know very cliche) my buddies plants seemed to shoot up first couple days or so then resumed regular or maybe slightly quicker growth.

Back
Top Bottom