Anecdotal evidence of buds regenerating when cut in half

FrostyBud

I have for the past few years or so been doing stealth closet grow and have been experimenting. I have a 150 watt HPS SunSystem *TM. Anyways, it has produced enough buds for the cost by far. Being able to go to your closet rip off a bud anytime and vape it asap is amazing, I JUST did it. Anyways to the main point. Wait a second, let me put the freshing picked , just done from the vape bud in my bowl, thats right, from plant to bowl in 5 minutes. Anyways , I have cut down plants from stem and dryed them and I have also picked top then let rest go, (cut at stem) then cut middle and then bottom after adn got alot more than just hacking the base when u think ENTIRE plant is ready(never is all ready at same time lol).
KEY POINT: I then discovered if you use scissors and cut half of the bud and be sure to leave at least 10/20% of the bud minimum, it will regrow from exact same site. If you cut a bud from its miniature stalk/stem, it NEVER regrows ever. BUT, just like the FUCK I MISSED technique for making many shoots come out instead of just one, I believe by cutting only the top say 50% of the bud and leave litterally half the bud behind, IT WILL REGROW. I have done this many times and have researched it some but have not read about any growers cutting buds in half and leting every one of them grwo back ( like milking a cow, or cutting poppies). If you have ANY plants taht are 50% or more red hairs on some of the buds, Please just cut a small small one by 50% and see if it regrows for you to. I did this down to 10% of teh bud remaining and it still regrew as long as some of the false seed pods are remaining in a cluster. Still experimenting but I just cut like 5 tiny tiny buds in half and vaped them and now am smoking them and I AM RIPPED and in about a week they will be regrowing... its so cool. Why chop the plant when you can milk it. its almost like making hash in india and just rubbing the leaves and keeping the plant alive for next weeks medication for free. :)
typed very poor and will try to edit it sometime soon, but wanted to get the info out there cause its a new discovery to me.
this is a photo of random bud , but imagine it being cut about 40% down to where the leaves come out, it would regrow. WHEREAS if you cut it at the stem , it would not regrow... and be gone forever. The next set of nodes lower will become the new main colas.

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/i-love-marijuana-high-yield.jpg

Ill try to get some of my own photos. Just topped 2 buds and will take photos before and after for proof. I love science and cannabis. God bless.

Here are two pics, One is what it would look like normal and two is what is is cut at about 50%. I will upload the pick of the one cut regrown in a week or two if i remember lol.
CAM01676.jpg
CAM01674.jpg

two posted twice by accident... sorry Im new Ill admit it :peace: I removed the picture that was twice but now I can't delete this post lol...

I have re-vegged a plant a few times after harvest ,you just have to take it easy when you harvest and leave lots of foilage..........only problem is the subsequent crops grew much slower and the plant lost alot of its vigor and vitality, the nugs produced were smaller and less potent with each harvest.
I had a single plant that was alomost 2 years old before she finally threw in the towel and said "enough already" and just died overnight.
I think I flowered her probably 5-6 times.......
Cannibis is an amazing plant to "tinker" with!

I have re-vegged a plant a few times after harvest ,you just have to take it easy when you harvest and leave lots of foilage..........only problem is the subsequent crops grew much slower and the plant lost alot of its vigor and vitality, the nugs produced were smaller and less potent with each harvest.
I had a single plant that was alomost 2 years old before she finally threw in the towel and said "enough already" and just died overnight.
I think I flowered her probably 5-6 times.......
Cannibis is an amazing plant to "tinker" with!

Im not revegging. Im keeping them on 12 on / 12 off and cutting the bud at 50% and leaving it regrow. It grows new white hair colas off the original sight. Still experimenting but the buds are regenerating. The key is to only cut 50% and leave the leaves and other bud to regrow. Cutting at the stem stop all buds from growing at the site whereas cutting at even 80% can still leave enough to regrow another cola/bud site. pictures coming in 2 more weeks.

Okay, I guess I should ask but. Does this "regenerating" really mean your getting more bud off the plants vs not cutting it 50%

I guess what I'm saying is does this increase "total"yield from the plant. ?

What if you cut every bud site 50%

Does that mean potentially you can get 50% more bud? Or any percentage for that matter. If any new growth occurs this will be a very very interesting thing to do.

Holy grail of cannabis!! Regenerating bud sites!

"What if you cut every bud site 50%

Does that mean potentially you can get 50% more bud? Or any percentage for that matter. If any new growth occurs this will be a very very interesting thing to do"
I HAVE DONE EXACTLY THIS and here is my conclusion so far. EVERY bud sight that is cut to ONLY 50 percend down from top of bud to very thick bottom, for example Weeds That Please 404 Error see the buds coming out in the middle. If you cut or TOP as tey say it THE INDIVIDUAL buds, not the top of the plant, and top each bud growing, ALL buds will regenerate by making the side buds grow new buds with WHITE PISTOLS starting to show , on an ontherwise mature bud. this growth will then make its way to be at the top of the bud. so essentially, you are making the already grown buds produce more bud by using the growth hormones in the bud to regrow a bud that has been cut at 50% or so. ANY MORE THAN 50% YOU MAY RUN INTO PROBLEMS. I have gone back and cut the regrowths off, and waited and some had regown more and others did not regrow due to not enough bud left behind to regrow. So I ADVISE all who attempt this to CUT ONE BUD AT 40% and watch it over the next 2-4 weeks. If it is regrown and full, let us know. I been low on bud lately but using this method i have more than doubled my output from a few plants , at least 3 plants. I only grow my plants under a 150 watt Sunssystem 150 hps hid. I grow them about 2 feet high andthats it. its a small stealth grow that has helped me when im dry SO MANY TIMES and has paid for itself (100 with shipping on amazon). All i needed was and oder control filter(carbon) that u can buy at walmart for Holmes HAP706-U True HEPA Mini Tower Allergen Remover - Walmart.com 42 bucks for unit and only 12-14 for the special odor control filter you can put in it ( the hepa that came with it did NOT reduce smells) When i put this filter ( aer1 HEPA Replacement Filter - Walmart.com ) it TOOK AWAY ALL SMELLS (THANK YOU GOD) and my bedroom closet no longer smells like anything when i open the door. at first it smelled liek carbon. but I am digressing. Just letting you know my setup. you may have your buds regrow much faster, key is to have the right nutes, and make sure you dont take more than 50% on ONE BUD till you see your results. I have done this many times. I even have a 5 month old 6 inch bare plant trying to regow buds after being hacked, and left go for 2 months while i did other ones ( I have multiple slmall plants per big pot). Later I checked and sure enough it regrow all the buds at the buds sites. If i had cut that plant down, or bud at the stems when ripe, i would have not gotten the buds i just vaped then smoked hwn i was out the past few weeks lol. try it out we need to experiment this. if we can MILK the marijuana plants, cutting 50% off of all the buds andleaving it go 4 weeks and doing it agian while we harvest other 50% of other plants in between, we never will have to cut an entire plant down and restart from clones or seeds. IF YOU DO THIS REPORT RESULTS PLEASE. I even was mad at msyelf when i forgot to update this post earlier 2 weeks ago. Please lets try this out. I didnt take pictures of the new bud yet as i hacked it away down to 20% and now is not looking good onone side the other side is shooting out new growth. Ill go try to get a picture right now...

CAM01752.jpg
see the white hairs forming. This is a sign new bud will grow there. This has flowered for 2 months plus and now Its growing new buds on buds that otherwise would be fully mature.

By milking buds, and having the right setup. You could potentially have a perpetual harvest 0_0

This could change everything.

We shall call this technique "milking".

exactly. I have new bud sprouts coming out of all of my plants , from 6 inches to 2 feet, all plants i did this to have fresh , new , white pistoled bud sites growing. will give more pictures in next few weeks. Just trimmed some off and vaping and smoking it now. great news is, that it IS regenerating back every time, as long as you dont cut to much away.

FrostyBud's Milking technique. Ill be experimenting further to find out the pros and cons so you guys wont have too, but feel free to experiment and post pictures and results here.

O and Voltron, I have cut every bud site, on a few plants, and if at 50%, every single site grew new bud sites with pistols ready grow then mature over the next weeks. Its AMAZING. its like doing the FIM (frick i missed tequnique) FOR EVERY SINGLE BUD lol.

Fantastic news. I heard about trimming the buds back in the 90's, but didn't really grow, so info was useless. But as I'm trying to approach more yield squeezing techniques that one would be a great to bring in. Has anyone tried it outdoor in early flowering to check if yield got bigger?

more pictures coming soon of multiple plants regenerating buds. This technique may not increase yield in short term, IE, outdoors, but it may. By having more sun and deep roots, may produce 3-5 bud colas on every bud site. This technique I feel is best for "milking" when you have none and need but dont wanan cut a bud at the stem, and want your best plants to regrow. I need to find out the limitations thouhg and will be updating to find out if i can keep recutting the FRESH regrowth after it matures and always never cut it under 50% so it always has bud to regen. Not sure about nuts and all the fan leaves have fallen off so if it gets enough nutes, i think it will no need what was in the fan leaves and still regen.

The lower part of the bud that you didn't cut would continue to mature, right? Depending on when you decided to harvest after that you could end up with a half clear/cloudy half amber nug.

yes they are maturing. Seems it depends on how long is has flowered. Some mature faster with more crystals and other are slower. But they all come from the sides and work their way up to pointing straight up. so its like having 2 or more (maybe even 5-6) buds at the bud site that regrow and mature. Most of these buds i could have harvested completely leaving none of this regrowth. More pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom