Feminized plants and cloning

ShrubHub

I recently purchased feminized seeds from herbies of the lemon kush variety. After further research I found that some varieties of bud are more likely to go herm than others, looking further some sites that sell the same strand warn that this version of feminized seed does have a higher herm %. My questions are does anyone have experience or info to back this up? And seeing as feminized seeds have a higher chance of going herm later in the flower process, will cloning of these plants previous to flowering still give them the possibility of being totally female?

Haven't read anything about them going Herm, I do however have several clones that are going that came from my previious indoor grow of feminized seeds and all came out beautiful and have preflowers everywhere. have not seen any balls on any of the plants indoor or the ones currently outside. Peace OG

this strain in specific, i dont know.

i do have lots of experience with fem seeds though. and honestly, i have NEVER had one hermie on me.

well... thats not true.. i found a couple immature seeds in one of my plants before... but for the life of me couldnt find the nanners. and im pretty sure it was caused by a small pin hole light leak hitting a single low branch.

so to answer the original question. I dont think they will hermi if cloned. based off past experience with fems

A clone carries the same DNA and genetic make up as the parent ...So..........sometime a male spike will show up in a bud , and fertilize the area right there , but there is very little pollen to be dispersed elsewhere

I grow that strain I believe. Female Seeds Lemon Kush is the one your most likely talking about. I also grow there White Widow/Big Bud cross. I have never had issues with any of their seeds going hermaphrodite on me. Here is one half way through flowering now
79f3db29f4ec73d9b4a9d5a68b2d21e5.jpg

Truly ALL fem seeds come from at least one female parent being stressed to one point or another in order to produce male pollen. And because the hermaphrodite will now be in the seeds genes, there is a very Hugh chance of it turning. The clones you take are an exact replica of the plant you took the cut from. If your mom turns, your clone will as well.
As a breeder, I only will use standard seeds instead of fem, because crossing the strongest genes that won't herm even under stress is extremely better. My advice would be to not stress them under any circumstances. The smallest thing can affect your ladies. Good luck!

Truly ALL fem seeds come from at least one female parent being stressed to one point or another in order to produce male pollen. And because the hermaphrodite will now be in the seeds genes, there is a very Hugh chance of it turning. The clones you take are an exact replica of the plant you took the cut from. If your mom turns, your clone will as well.
As a breeder, I only will use standard seeds instead of fem, because crossing the strongest genes that won't herm even under stress is extremely better. My advice would be to not stress them under any circumstances. The smallest thing can affect your ladies. Good luck!

I don't know if I agree with you completely. Feminized seeds are created using various methods and all do stress the plant out to an extent but their method of action is to block the female hormone ethylene forcing females to grow out as reversed males. I haven't had a feminized seed hermie on me yet in almost two years of growing. I'm far from an expert on this but it's blocking female hormones to create female pollen isn't going to increase the chance of your seeds going hermaphroditic on you. It's like a female human taking testosterone (male hormone) and growing a beard or becoming muscular. I would agree with you to an extent if the seeds were feminized through Rodelization which is using stress to cause the change in the female. Like I said though I'm no expert.

Well most strains selected for Rodelization are supposed to be pre-selected from clones which were put under a myriad of stresses without going hermie. This ensures that the only gene present to cause hermaphroditism are the ones that bring it on at end-of-life. So the clones that don't develop hermaphroditism are the ones selected for Rodelization.

i strongly believe the stability of the genetic is very important... some breeders are breeding under HPS lights which is far from natural sunlight and mutates the genes... over generations this type of flaws start to show in forms of herm plants or other mutations... just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom