Timer experiments needed

WildRosebud

In all the years of playing around with lights and messing with timers I always wondered a few things from the data I collected so far.... We have our preffered methods yes indeed , ol faithful always makes us smile but some of us get curious in unimaginable ways. One thought of mine is , light time and scheduling. How we implement time schedules to trigger or force plants in to flower and produce as such. With the science of many previous experiments saying that outdoors they need 8 hours light a day to produce properly I become more curious. What if our days were 36 hours or 48 hours instead of 24? What could the break down be? Some people grow 24/0 what if 24/0 turned in to 24/6 or 24/12? What would the results be? I mean if we are going to play GOD why not go all out and see the possibilities? If I had a timer capable of doing 36-48 hour day break downs I would so try this. I mean what if it had some positive effects what if it makes medicine that grows faster or more potent in different ways where we could implement 24 hour and 36 hour and 48 hour timers to do something new? Be worth a journal for sure! Even a manual setup ;)

One of my first management jobs I had a mathmetician working for me... he believed that mankind had "evolved" during a 28 hour day length (which is true if you look at the history of the earth) and that our current 24 hour day didn't make sense.

He showed up for work 4 hours later each day... even though he was always "on time." Very strange man - but also brilliant.

I don't know of any attempts to expand the day time length for purposes of cultivation. There is the Gas Light Routine - which can be looked up on here.

I will also add that cannabis isn't really sensitive to light but darkness. It takes a certain amount of darkness to induce flowering changes in the plant. In other words, it is not 12 hours of light that triggers flowering, but 12 hours of darkness.

is this idea similar to asynchronous timer? so for example the cycle starts at 12pm and is on for 20 hours and then off for 6 and repeat?

Back
Top Bottom