Dr. Willard's plantcatalyst

safeman

Has any one had experience with Dr. Willard's plant catalyst? One can get a free bottle of this product if you go to the site (Dr. Willard's plant catalyst.com) Read the test grow results with Northern Lights; they are quite good, going to sent for a free bottle of, also states that this is used by many cultivator's in Colorado, ect. What's your take?:420:

I liked your post because I enjoy researching enigmas.

Drugs.com, reports that the basic formulation of Willard Water:
Chemistry

The formula of Willard Water appears to have changed over the decades. The FDA has found that various products contain combinations of rock salt, lignite, sodium metasilicate, sulfated castor oil, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate.

The original manufacturers of Dr. Willard's Water , CAW Industries, Inc., document the following recipe on their Web site: water, sodium metasilicate, sulfated castor oil, CAW micelle, refined lignite, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate. During Willard Water preparation, the molecular structure of water is altered by a catalyst and a “CAW micelle” is created, “making it behave in a manner that heretofore has not been reported in the literature,” as stated by Dr. Willard himself.

An organic solution of coconut water + salicyn (willow juice) would come close to a plant formulation. Salicyn and aspirin improves moisture uptake in plants, which would make salicyn and aspirin similar in action to a "CAW micelle." Additionally, freshly made willow water contains plant growth hormones.

Unless Williard's plant formula contains plant matter like willow extract or green seaweed, I'm not sure why the product would be colored green. I will just need to get a bottle and taste it since it supposed to be non toxic and experiment on pepper and tomatoes first. I don't see a free sample offer on any of the Willard sites, only an expired BOGO offer.

Liked your report very good piece of information. It has a NPK of - 0.4-0-0 - and the color is brown. What do you think? Did you read the Norther Lights side by side 40 plant with and 40 plant without Dr. Willards. Also it has a ph of 12.5. when used - used with ph perfect nutrients

The product looked green on my screen. But a light brown sounds natural.

I did see the Northern Lights study. Wish there were pics.

A ph of 12.5 is way too alkaline. That's like chlorox strength.:hmmmm: I can see why Dr. Willard got a burning sensation when he first stumbled across his formula.

It's just too risky. I always stick with reputable brands that you hear most growers, and see results in their grows in the journals. I never use any other than Fox Farm, growing in HPS that is.

I call B.S.! There are so many products for growing MJ that are just so much hype. Use willow extract, kelp meal or extract and/or alfalfa tea. I bet you get better results for less money!

I liked your post because I enjoy researching enigmas.

Drugs.com, reports that the basic formulation of Willard Water:

An organic solution of coconut water + salicyn (willow juice) would come close to a plant formulation. Salicyn and aspirin improves moisture uptake in plants, which would make salicyn and aspirin similar in action to a "CAW micelle." Additionally, freshly made willow water contains plant growth hormones.

Unless Williard's plant formula contains plant matter like willow extract or green seaweed, I'm not sure why the product would be colored green. I will just need to get a bottle and taste it since it supposed to be non toxic and experiment on pepper and tomatoes first. I don't see a free sample offer on any of the Willard sites, only an expired BOGO offer.
what you compiled was an analysis for the drinking water treatment(willard water)a different product.
the plantcatalyst is a sodium silicate(fossil extracted silica)that also contains Micelles...that are are lipid molecules that arrange themselves in a spherical form in aqueous solutions. The formation of a micelle is a response to the amphipathic nature of fatty acids, meaning that they contain both hydrophilic regions (polar head groups) as well as hydrophobic regions (the long hydrophobic chain).

what you compiled was an analysis for the drinking water treatment(willard water)a different product.
the plantcatalyst is a sodium silicate(fossil extracted silica)that also contains Micelles...that are are lipid molecules that arrange themselves in a spherical form in aqueous solutions. The formation of a micelle is a response to the amphipathic nature of fatty acids, meaning that they contain both hydrophilic regions (polar head groups) as well as hydrophobic regions (the long hydrophobic chain).

Hello, my name is John Willard and Dr. Willard was my grandfather. I hope you don't mind me being here. One of our grow customers was interested in responding and called our company to ask how to answer some of these questions and I just thought, "What the hell, I'll just respond myself." Anyway, I hope you're all ok with my being here.

There are a number of questions on this thread and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. First, our company and products are not new by any stretch. My grandfather invented the first version of this product in 1964, founded the company in 1973, and we've been selling it in the agricultural industry since at least the early 1970's. In fact, 60 Minutes did a profile on my grandfather in 1980 and interviewed a couple of conventional growers (wheat and vegetables) about using Dr. Willard's on their plants. Although we do have some business in Amsterdam going back to the early 1980's, our primary cannabis market is in British Columbia and cannabis growers there have been using it for at least 15 years.

My grandfather was a chemist (PhD Purdue) and the science/chemistry behind the products are actually fairly complex but it's primarily a catalyst, created through a combination of micronutrients and other natural ingredients, that enhances a number of functions. What we see most prominently is cellular absorption and utilization of nutrients and this phenomenon has been documented in humans, animals and plants. We even see it in microbes. In practical terms for your industry this means that the plants are better able to absorb and utilize the fertilizer etc and thus gives it a bit more bang for the buck.

Cannabis growers typically use it for one of three things. Number one is on seed germination and cuttings as adding it to their water boosts survival rates and you get stronger plants out of germination. Number two is saving money on fertilizer by decreasing the ppm of fertilizer needed to get similar results. Dr. Willard's enhances the plants' ability to utilize fertilizer so less is needed to achieve the same results. Number three is to blow out the plants and significantly increase yield. While many growers have done this over the years, I think the guys at High Tech Garden Supply in Commerce City have really taken this to a whole new level. They claim the Dr. Willard's is opening the cells to the point that they're able to use much more fertilizer and thus significantly accelerate growth and yield. Some of these HTG Supply guys are using 3000-4000 ppm during the bud stage with no burning at all and their expertise is waaaaayyy beyond mine so if you have questions about that please do call them. The beauty of our product is that you can add it to any nutrient routine so you don't really have to change much.

As for the pH, it's really not a factor because you don't use much PlantCatalyst to achieve these results. The basic formula is one ounce up to five gallons of water or two ounces in five to fifty gallons. It doesn't matter if your res is five gallons, twenty gallons, or fifty gallons you still only use two ounces.

The question of why we're focusing on moving into the Colorado cannabis industry really isn't all that complicated either. I lived in Colorado for ten years where I worked for a bunch of liberal organizations and was a strong supporter of Amend 64. When I inherited this business a couple of years ago and found that we'd been selling in the BC cannabis industry I felt like it made a ton of sense to explore the Colorado market as I was still living there at the time (I just moved to South Dakota a couple of months ago).

Anyway, I think I've addressed the questions above. Once again, I apologize in advance if anyone's offended by my inserting myself into this conversation. While the cannabis industry is a very, very small part of my company what we're doing in Colorado is really my baby and I'm very passionate about it so I love to have these conversations. If anyone has any additional questions please do let me know. You can also call our office at 888-379-4552 and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you very much for your input - has made thing clearer have been using product with no adverse effects and some benifits

Has any one had experience with Dr. Willard's plant catalyst? One can get a free bottle of this product if you go to the site (Dr. Willard's plant catalyst.com) Read the test grow results with Northern Lights; they are quite good, going to sent for a free bottle of, also states that this is used by many cultivator's in Colorado, ect. What's your take?:420:

I've been using Dr. Willards once a week for about two months now in both coco and deep water culture (GH with house and garden additives and moab in bloom). My local supply store (here in co) had sample bottles so I picked one up to try it out. Very pleased with it so far. Apparently so many people liked it that they started stocking it. When i first started using it, I immediately noticed slight burn so I adjusted the ppm's down by 10%. Seemed to do the trick. There seemed to be little to no difference in the yields when using it in the coco medium, but I have seen a slight increase across the board in all my deep water plants. Heard a rumor that if you foliar clones with it, it increases rooting speed and vigor.

Hello again everyone. I just got an alert that we had a posting here with a question so thought I'd reply. Also, safe man, did you send me a private message? This system won't let me respond to it but I think it's from you? Anyway, we do have some people in CO who use it specifically for cloning and I'd suggest reaching out to them to see how they do it. We have a grower in a store called Grow Generation in Pueblo who's been doing a ton of personal research on it and I'm thinking she's kind of the expert in that area. her name is Chantelle and you can reach her at 719-647-0907. Also, we are still giving out free samples of PC to anyone who hasn't requested them before so if you want some to try just give us a call at 888-379-4552 and we'll drop one in the mail. Once again, thank you for letting me interject here. If anyone has a problem with me commenting, please do let me know.

Hey iwltfum, apparently I can't reply to private messages unless I've got more than 50 thread hits so I have to respond here. Sorry for taking up space here! Anyway, thanks for the input! I'm really glad to hear it's working so well on your bloom but definitely want to make sure we address your mold issue during cloning. I'm honestly not sure why you would have had issues with mold but my first instinct is that you might be using too much/too many applications. I'd think you could significantly reduce the number of PC applications and get great results. I don't really know what Chantelle does but I do know a couple of people who use it with clones and they simply soak the clones in PC (for a couple of mins) before planting or they saturate the planting medium with PC prior to planting as well. If you're foliar spraying I don't think you'd need to use the diluted PC solution more than once a week to get results. Also, remember that all PC applications should be diluted and for cloning I wouldn't use anything stronger than one ounce for a gallon and top it out at no more than two ounces per reservoir. So,for example, if you're using a five gallon bucket just put two ounces of PC in that bucket. Definitely check with Chantelle, though, as she's clearly spent a ton of time on research. Hope this helps! If you (or anyone) would like to private message me it's probably best to just e-mail me directly. My email address is john@drwillard.com. Thank you again for your interest and for giving us a shot!

i use it @ 4.oz per thirty gallons using gh flora 3pt,and am hydro companion inoculant with rockwool,mapito,or hydroton mediums.
get good results with ppm's of 600 min-900+max,without any reservoir changes or dumping,only measured add-backs,prevents salt build-ups,
it keeps the ph stable with a slow gradual slightly upward drift 5.5-6.1,also using less ph down,less often,or a need for additional cal-mag supplements
grows have never been healthier or as productive,excellent replacement for any silica products.
very underrated product for being one of the best additives available.

This is one of the ingredients in Rocket Fuel germinating water. Developed in Humboldt county over 30 years ago. I've used it every grow for nine years always with very good results. On average my seeds germinate and are ready to plant in 18 to 20 hours. I haven't used it in my nutrient water yet but plan to my next grow (soil).

Here is the 4 oz formula: To 4 oz of dechlorinated water add * 3 drops Coco-Wet * 1 drop of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide * 1/2 tsp PlantCatalyst and 1/4 tsp Nytrozime.

Yes - it works -need to try it to see results - healthier plants but use separate and only 1 if not 2 x's a week

This is one of the ingredients in Rocket Fuel germinating water. Developed in Humboldt county over 30 years ago. I've used it every grow for nine years always with very good results. On average my seeds germinate and are ready to plant in 18 to 20 hours. I haven't used it in my nutrient water yet but plan to my next grow (soil).

Here is the 4 oz formula: To 4 oz of dechlorinated water add * 3 drops Coco-Wet * 1 drop of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide * 1/2 tsp PlantCatalyst and 1/4 tsp Nytrozime.

Glad to hear of one getting good results - I started the post when bottles were free / Many commerical growers do use this product also - that should tell you something and works well with soil grows- have never used for germination - onteresting

I've been using Dr. Willards once a week for about two months now in both coco and deep water culture (GH with house and garden additives and moab in bloom). My local supply store (here in co) had sample bottles so I picked one up to try it out. Very pleased with it so far. Apparently so many people liked it that they started stocking it. When i first started using it, I immediately noticed slight burn so I adjusted the ppm's down by 10%. Seemed to do the trick. There seemed to be little to no difference in the yields when using it in the coco medium, but I have seen a slight increase across the board in all my deep water plants. Heard a rumor that if you foliar clones with it, it increases rooting speed and vigor.

Be afraid to use as a foliage feed nutrient

Back
Top Bottom