Pure oxygen - Is it good or bad?

ok its day 21 since my girls were taken from soil and put into hydro solution all have started to show roots out the bottom of the planting baskets except for two. I have been alternating my oxygen concentrator between four buckets and one tote. their roots are exceptionally more developed. the two that haven't shown as much response are finally starting to grow one is Alaskan TF. and the other is maui skunk. my ppm average for both totes has been 300 to 375 and all 6 five gallon buckets are ranging from 320 up to 470. I feel now there adjusted to there new environment I will increase there ppm... haven't had any real problems with the ph in any of the buckets or totes but that should be changing since there actually starting to consume solution and some water. any advice from you good people would be highly appreciated. how long should I veg and how tall should I let the girls get before putting them into 12/12. and should I put them under my two one thousand lights I usually use a combination of one mh and one hps...what would be best for them.

Water has a O2 saturation point that changes with temperature with 67* being the optimum temperature that water holds max O2 at.

~

I would like to learn more on the topic , off hand I do not have much faith in its improvement over using a common aerator besides a shorter duration needed to oxygenate the water.

Are you measuring the O2 levels if so what levels are you seeing ?

I use a 6w fish tank Aerator to aerate the water/nutrients with before feeding , I start with cold water and aerate until it reaches 67*F then use it.

You should try to keep your DWC tanks cool , near as too 67* for maximum O2 holding.

The last post I made in 2015 was incorrect , it should read 67* is a temperature that the plants roots like and holds lots of o2

At the time I made the 67 degree claim I had read the wrong information . I later found out water continues to hold more o2 the colder it gets until you reach 0*F

To top off this correction I will add that in hydroponics I have found threw study and practice that the roots do well in temperatures varying from 62* to 65* this maximizes the o2 content allowing for exceptional growth rates.

Personally I now think 65 is the best temp to aim for but have seen fast growth at 62 and 63 degrees

Back
Top Bottom