CO2 to roots?

AussieBlueTHC

Here is one for the scientists. If plants love oxygen to the roots will they take in their co2 as well. Like a sealed aeroponics tub pressurised with co2... ???

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Even possibly just higher denisy air in a aeroponic tub. I know its NASA sruff but just thinking out loud.

Here is one for the scientists. If plants love oxygen to the roots will they take in their co2 as well. Like a sealed aeroponics tub pressurised with co2... ???

Was wondering if you have looked any further into this? I am currently waiting on a co2 meter to start doing experiments with different co2 methods and if there's logic behind it I might include root feeding to the tests. I'm growing low pressure aero in a sealed bucket which would be perfect to test the theory.

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used some co2 pills in my old Hydroponic system. No idea if they did anything to increase my yield or not

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used some co2 pills in my old Hydroponic system. No idea if they did anything to increase my yield or not

I have a whole heap of co2 cylinders for inflating bike tyres. They're 16gm so quite small, but will be in a sealed bucket. I'm very interested to see if there is any noticeable improvement to growth or yield etc

I have a whole heap of co2 cylinders for inflating bike tyres. They're 16gm so quite small, but will be in a sealed bucket. I'm very interested to see if there is any noticeable improvement to growth or yield etc

Very interesting indeed. Let us know if it increases your yield made a co2 generator from 2 bottles today. A trick I found on this forum. No idea if they actually release enough co2 to have any impact whatsoever on the plants. But it doesn't hurt to try

From my understanding of plants....they take o2 at roots and co2 trough the stipules so I doubt it would help. The plants anatomy is not set to take co2 through roots. Maybe years and years and years could cause a plant to evolve if that was introduced over generations but I could be wrong im no scientist just what I learned on the botany basics

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

But co2 in air. Thumbs up....but I believe if you use co2 in order for proper absorptions the temp needs to be a little higher say 90 some cases even higher

Because it's summer I'm getting temps that high. I have a homemade fermenting co2 generator showering over my plants as well as regular doses of these bike cylinders. I only tried it inside my res bucket a couple of times so far. It worked well at cooling my water and made it bubble while releasing so even if it did nothing to benefit the plant it definitely did my res some kind of good.. I think I read somewhere while researching though that putting co2 into your res replaces the oxygen in the water that your roots really need. Might not do it again. Definitely need an air stone or something though to try and drop temps.

Plants absorb Co2 through regulatory cells called "stomates", and these lie only on the foliage. These stomates, otherwise referred to as guard cells, regulate gas exchange within the plant.
So sorry, I honestly don't think that CO2 could be absorbed through the roots unless it developed stomates on the roots through evolution.
This is just in gaseous firm though.

Sent from my SM-G928T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Plants absorb Co2 through regulatory cells called "stomates", and these lie only on the foliage. These stomates, otherwise referred to as guard cells, regulate gas exchange within the plant.
So sorry, I honestly don't think that CO2 could be absorbed through the roots unless it developed stomates on the roots through evolution.
This is just in gaseous firm though.

Sent from my SM-G928T using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I like how we both brought up evolution. Just shows what type of brains we have lol. that scientific brain...lol

I like how we both brought up evolution. Just shows what type of brains we have lol. that scientific brain...lol

Haha, well my man, I'm a plant breeder so I most definitely believe in evolution.. I mean it's pretty plain and simple. Look around! Haha. But to each their own.
Stipules are modified leaf tissue that is a thorn, but I knew you were in the right direction my man!

Sent from my SM-G928T using 420

Hey guys just wandering about the co2. Also just put my 2 bottles in today. What i want to know is do we remove them at night? Seen on YouTube soe guys leave in tent till u smell alcohol then replace. Others i have seen sugest "turn" co2 on half hr after lights on and remove half hr before lights off. Plants use o2 at night so u dont want excess co2 in their right??????? What do you guy do? Then some dont vent continuously while adding co2 . Say every 45 min for 10 min. Otherwise you remove co2 you added.
Anyway your opinions pls.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys just wandering about the co2. Also just put my 2 bottles in today. What i want to know is do we remove them at night? Seen on YouTube soe guys leave in tent till u smell alcohol then replace. Others i have seen sugest "turn" co2 on half hr after lights on and remove half hr before lights off. Plants use o2 at night so u dont want excess co2 in their right??????? What do you guy do? Then some dont vent continuously while adding co2 . Say every 45 min for 10 min. Otherwise you remove co2 you added.
Anyway your opinions pls.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Sorry grow bro were you talking about feeding to roots? I think frosown and cannoisseuras debunked that theory. If you're talking foliar, from my initial experience in my sealed grow space, 1kg of fermenting sugar has raised co2 to only 600-800 ppm depending on if it has been shaken or not. So depending how you are doing it, if you shake it up at start of lights on, by the time lights off comes round, levels would reduce anyway. This is obviously different if you had ventilation, and the size of grow space etc etc. Hope that helps at all. I will be starting a co2 experiment when I have the time. If you are interested I'll add link on this thread.

I forgot all about the bottles. They do smell alcohol now indeed. Think I'm not gonna care about refilling them. In theory I should have plenty of Co2 since my air-intake is sucking in air directly from outside

Howed we go here. Any more info

grow n steady wins the race
I was planning to do Co2 experiments using the software I got with my meter but it was outdated and would not work. If I didn't work I'd have time to spend recording data and trying different methods, but I simply don't unfortunately. I can tell you I've found fermenting to be cheap and effective and use it with my setup. I will be starting a new batch today and will have Co2 readings in my journal when I update

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

Back
Top Bottom