Week 3 veg problems

Fishtankfrank

Need some help, I've got 4 plants in 20ltr pots using a lumatek dimmable ballast with I've just turned to 600w and the bottom few leaves are drooping down and the new top ones are small and slow growing
420-magazine-mobile1761390814.jpg
420-magazine-mobile858021207.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1654269850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1137927957.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No been transplanted a while now I thought it was over watering but they are getting worse, I've already ordered the fabric pots and perlite because they are staying wet for a long time, I'm feeding them just over 1ml per litre of coco a+b

Yeah pure coco at the minute but will be transplanting and mixing perlite in as much as I can when I put them in the fabric pots

I will have a look thank you, I think I'm just going to put it down to not enough drainage

Water is at 5.9 every time, I haven't watered them for a few days now but don't seem to be picking up

Hey man plants are looking good, but you don't want to treat coco like soil. Treat it like hydro! You'll get much happier plants.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

This is what I'm planning for my next grow.
Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

You got this!

This really helped me

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

I've just completely flushed the plants then added some nutrients, going to follow the video and see what happens. I will let you know

2 already look better, they got a lot worse since the photos, everything I tried before just made them worse

Hey Frank,
I found I have less issues if I transplant 2x between clones/seeds and ready for flower. By keeping the pots as small as possible, you can better control moisture. You minimize overwatering/underwatering. Small plants don't have large enough root systems to remotely use all the water/nutrients in a big pot. Here's what I do for my indoor soil garden...
-Clones: red Dixie cup
-Transplant to 1-2 gallon plastic bag
pots
-Transplant to 7-10 gallon plastic pots

Coco shouldn't be any different. To be technical correct, I'm using ProMix ( peat moss ) not "soil" and ever since I started the above method...my watering issues have disappeared. I use to start all my clones/seeds in big pots to avoid transplanting but I was always dealing with the majority of the grow medium staying extremely wet but the clones and seeds would dry up faster.

Hope that helps

2x6 Veg Room
600W MH
4x7 Flower Room
1800W LED

I'm on my first grow so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I've grown vegetable gardens for the last 10-15 years and if cannabis is anything like other plants then in the pics it looks like it got too much water. Some plants require more or less water than others but every plant requires wet and dry spells (except aquatic plants). From what I seen in other plants over watering is alot harder to bounce back from than under watering.

Back
Top Bottom