Is this a calmag deficiency?

Fishtankfrank

420-magazine-mobile2047247378.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1547284336.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just the lower leafes? I had this kind of looks on leafes close to the soil line too. Turned out some kind of disease, i lollipopped it and problem solved

What leads you to the point you have to adjust SOIL ph? I would not use it. If your soil is too acidic grab some dolomite lime, for example, put it on top of your soil and water it down.

Since my recent experience with similar leaf damage, I've been popping into threads offering the lesson I learned. PH what goes in and PH what drips out, it's good to know exactly what your plant needs... well good and NECESSARY. The general hydro kit is super cheap... one acid, and one base bottle, an eye dropper with ml measurements, and a shake tube for the droplet test. It's quick and user friendly if you can't invest in a pen.

Looks like cal mag to me. But ph can look very similar. Make sure to measure both out correctly. I have an RO filter that I have to supplement cal mag to and I've found I have to go over the recommended dose with my OG strain in coco.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is a calcium deficiency. CaMG is not an element, that is Ca and Mg.

The plant needs so much more Ca than Mg. Applying too much Mg on the soil and it will clog up, stay wet and exacerbate your Ca deficiency.

CaMg deficiency... that really is funny.

Purple stems are a phosphorus issue. Not magnesium. Lots of folks get that backwards. Most Mg deficiencies are not Mg deficiencies, they are high K or low P issues, not low Mg. If you have a real Mg issue, apply Mg foliarly. DO NOT APPLY MAGNESIUM TO THE SOIL. If you want to make a mix and want to cover that base, use Sulpomag aka K-Mag. Has plenty of Mg and will not screw up the soil like magnesium sulfate or magnesium nitrate.

Those photos in the video are not calcium deficiencies. The photo of the problem we are discussing is a text book photo of a calcium deficiency.

Too many wanna be agronomists who are so stoned that they deem themselves to be agronomists are floating around on these forums trying to make a buck. It is nauseating.

What he was trying to refer to was interveinal chlorosis. Couldn't even get that right.

Add some gypsum and tell us the result. If this guys book is half as bad as his video... well enough said.

That is totally false. You can also get purpling in stems in nitrogen deficiencies. It usually happens when it is severe.
Totally? Not shure if i can post the picture of the chart from his book i am refferring to.

Then bring us some scientific data that proves it, please. Imho i think if you get a severe problem due a lack of N you will notice that the plant is yellowing from the very beginning, not purpling, maybe the stems purpling over a general lack of nutrients yes, but not from Nitrogen. And if you only have purple on your stems on a lush green plant the last thing you should worry about is a lack of Nitrogen. I only have growed 3 times and never had yellow plants, but ive seen some dying yellow plants, none of them had purple stems. What you guys think?

I hope i can post this pages out of the book without breaking rules or laws. It looks like the best chart for me because it shows mirrored plants from top to root. One side overdose, other side deficiencies. Very nicely done. Hope the data is correct, then we have a beautiful chart from JC

Back
Top Bottom