Accidental cross breeding

dizzy101

As the title states of accidently cross breed 2 strains the female is blue berry and the male is a purple mazar auto what the hell should happen please help haha

You should grow a few to see how it turns out, I know I would. It would be cool that created your own strain, whether it's an auto or regular . Blue Mazar Auto or Berry Maze.

30% auto seeds and 70% photo fast version, if the auto were the female the % would be reversed, these numbers are approx there are usually a few weird mutant ones that won't flower or flower under 18 hours of light but not 20 or something.

Interesting. I have three packs of auto seeds for over the winter. Gonna have to keep an eye on them. When you say fast photos, how fast do you mean?

When you see a fast version seed for sale online it's because they crossed it with ruderalis genes, whatever time the strain that was crossed with the auto finished in will usually have a week or two shaved off of it.
I am going by what I was told and by personal experience on the percentages, I had the same question but I pollinated an auto female with pollen from a photo female. I was told I would get about 70% auto 25% fast version fem and 5% regular fem or weird mutant. That's about what I got, most of the seeds were auto just like the auto mom, some were just like the auto mom in taste and smell but photo period and some were a weird mix of the mom x mom.

Excellent information. You just told me what I wanted to know. I've been looking around the internet wondering if the "auto gene", for lack of better term, was dominant or recessive and those percentages seem to indicate a dominant trait. I haven't gotten to the point of breeding them yet, but maybe next year. I'd like to play with some CKS Low Flyers and, well, something else. They are pretty cool little plants and I can fit a bunch in my limited growspace.

How did you get your female pollen, chemically done or hermied?

It was a pollen chuck from a herm. I found a hermie and saved a few pollen sacks. I think I ended up with around 30 seeds and most were autos. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't pollen chuck herm pollen again, you just get more herms, but they were great at the time, most were almost just like the auto mom.

It was a pollen chuck from a herm. I found a hermie and saved a few pollen sacks. I think I ended up with around 30 seeds and most were autos. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't pollen chuck herm pollen again, you just get more herms, but they were great at the time, most were almost just like the auto mom.

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of mine to hermie. A bunch of free seeds, considering the cost of retail ones, would be pretty cool. I'm just getting into this and I'm up for a little experimentation. I have some CBD plants I'd like to make auto.

That's good you understand it in retrospect. If you have an intersex individual there's roughly 50% chance that cross pollination or self-pollination will produce hermie offspring and you really don't want it!

Back
Top Bottom