Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why

Proverbs

Please share your knowledge on your favorite nutrients. I would love to here more about the nutes each of you have used and why you like the one you are using now.
Cost factors.
Even Ph info would help.
Tools, tips and techniqes etc.
Organic vs non-organic....

We started with SH and are hearing many wonderful things about Advanced Nutes. Just seeking more info from everyone.
Thank you
j

Re: Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why...

well i guess ill start ,,i use general hydroponics GROW MICRO AN BLOOM& KOOL BLOOM during flowing,the npk's of them are grow2-1-6 micro 5-0-1 bloom 0-5-4 liquid KOOL BLOOM 0-10-10 ..i dont use a ppm or ec meter kinda go by the bottles..but i do add a little extra grow during flowing,i over do it with the liquid KOOL BLOOM,they say add a tsp or 2 a gallon ..well i add about 4 tbs per gallon ,,ive never had nute burn,,ilike to push my plants as far as i can with no meter ,,when i do a res change an add my nutes to a 5 gallon bucket of water they put my ph to 6.3-6.6,,,,so i add 1 tsp of ph down an add a regular gallon of city water to top it off an my ph stays at 5,8-6.3 during the whole week,as roseman would say dont play the ph roller coaster,its not fun...ive done res changes religiously every tuesday ,never skipped a week,on my clones i have going,i only change the res every two weeks,only because it will have a total veg time of 2 months in a bp system ,i want it to grow slow ,lol i get my nutes from dchydro.com for about 20 bucks a gallon ,,they are the cheapest nute site ive ever found

GH , cost and max sizes? Best supply house for that product? No need to answer, just wondering. It helps us do bulk buys and we are thinging of opening up a hydro store. So the line or lines to care must come from hydro growers/ Deep Water Culture etc...
Thanks for the FYI!!!

I've been using the 3 part AN stuff almost since I started growing with bubbles and it seems to work pretty good. I'm at the bottom of my 4 liter Bloom so I'm going to have to get some new stuff soon. I'll probably stay with AN as I've been using the same jugs for seven years. Anybody know if this stuff has an expiry date? lol

Oh yeah. I've been adding some Dr. Hornsby's Big Bud during flower but I'm near the end of that too.

Oh well, there's always Miracle Grow. ;0)

:peace:

Proverbs,
I 've only ever used the SH premeasured nutes, except Twice, one time, I did a grow with a buddy at his house and we used Botanicare. It was good too, the pH stayed balanced easier, it seemed.

I loved the SH nutes and found them very easy to use, being pre-measured. did aobut 6 grows with them.
And, I used some Advanced Nutrients Bloom Part A and B. I was amazed how they balanced the pH and the NPK numbers were like Uncle Ben advised. And one teaspoon per gallon of water is very easy to measure too. I have two gallon jugs, 3/4 full, if you want to try them. Just let me know. They can't sit in my attic until my next grow. I'd be glad to send them to you.

I got a free sample of Botanicare Sweet.

Last grow I used it from week 5 of flower, and my plants stayed lush & green to the end. Bought a gallon of it! This grow I started 1st week of flower & they are HUGE (compared to last 2 times) at 3 1/2 weeks!

I would love to try them! Thank you Roseman!

No wonder your grow did so well !!

God smiles upon you for all that you do !!

well i use fox farm . its organic. um i use all three the grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. my ph doesnt fluctuate much . about .3 up over night. although when i add the nutes to the water it drops the ph quite a bit but my water comes out of the tap at 8.2 and after i add nutes its about 7.0 so i end up using alot of ph down. i havent completed a grow with it yet but so far im my experience i like the results. i bought 1 quart of each and have more than half of each left and im 3/4 through my first grow. very easy to dose using their feeding schedule. i also havnt tried their additives like open sesame or others . foxfarm is quite expensive.

well i use fox farm . its organic. um i use all three the grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. my ph doesnt fluctuate much . about .3 up over night. although when i add the nutes to the water it drops the ph quite a bit but my water comes out of the tap at 8.2 and after i add nutes its about 7.0 so i end up using alot of ph down. i havent completed a grow with it yet but so far im my experience i like the results. i bought 1 quart of each and have more than half of each left and im 3/4 through my first grow. very easy to dose using their feeding schedule. i also havnt tried their additives like open sesame or others . foxfarm is quite expensive.

Hey Chevy and Proverbs, I used FF nutes last grow and I liked the 3 part series they have. I must warn you Chevy that if you use additives, Open sesame specifically, to be carefull. It is really hot with Phosphorous and burnt my plants.

I am now using the Botanicare line( Pro Grow/Bloom, Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, Sweet Berry) and love them so far. PH is rock steady compared to FF. The plants seem to really react well to these nutes and they come highly regarded. They are mostly organic and make the sweetest tasting buds!

Oh yeah Botanicare is kinda pricey too, but you get what you pay for right! I can, not check the reservior for three days and the PH will still be 5.9-6.0.(Although I don't do that often!)

I use Technaflora nutes. On my second grow I wanted to switch (remember this Rose?? HAHA we talked about it for two days I think) anyways I bought the "Recipe for Success Kit." As of today, I have NEVER had to PH a thing and NEVER had a single incident of nute lock. I still follow the same recipe and use them faithfully. They are inexpensive, easy to use, and best of all....effortless!!

I use the gh 3 part flora. Largely started because they have a hardwater micro. I've added cal-mag, canna-zyme and Liquid Karma (only in flower) and I have the sample of Sweet I'll bew using next res change. I like the mad scientist side of mixing the three parts in response to what I see the plant needs and the additive were generally in response to a problem or a projected problem due to my grow conditions. I fairly convinced that the plant is more interested in the actual nutes vs. all the differences from one nute to another but each has a particular strength and it's more like a tool in the growers hand. It's not what it is, it's how you use it dependant on what your strain tells you it likes the levels at.

I used Dutch Masters (gold series) in my (2) individual 5 gallon buckets under a 400 watter. One plant being Barneys G13 and the other G13 labs skunk #1. I used r/o water. In my experience my ppm's stay consant. I just had to keep topping with water alot during the flowering stage because my plants love to drink. DWC is my favorite. I followed the Dm's 3/4 nute schedule.

Hello Proverbs pleased to meet you, I've been using the GH flora nova nutrients, flora grow, floralicious plus, flora blend, kool bloom, I could drop the 0-0-0 thing on you but the GH webite has everything you would need to find out about the product an they are better suited in explaining there product, they also have a nutrient calculater for mixing! as many nutrient manufactures websites do.

This nutrient product has been very stable as far as ph and ppm goes for me, once all is mixed my 7.04 waters ph is after mixed! is between 6.1 and 6.4 ph, has a ppm control also that meets good ppm requirements for the grow.

I went through 3 different brands before I settled on flora nova, and they have an all new organic nutrient mix! out now that I plant to try.

Either way I hope your choice works for you good luck, pass on the love.

Doctor Who:surf:

Now that is a great post! Many will check that line due to your short and Ph powerful recommendation. I've become unhappy with Fox fire and am looking for the type of information you've just provided.
+ rep to you and Sky Rocket for your posts!
Justin

Everyone else, please share your recommendations too. That's what this thread is about.

I've been real happy with Dutch Masters Gold - it's about $20 per two part grow or flower set, and each lasts through a grow in 12 gallons of solution.

The PH is very stable, though I do often have to add PH down to get it to the proper range.

I've "stretched" them to using GH dry products which I keep around as backup - using part GHdry nutes also eliminates the need for PH down, if anything GH pushes the ph too far down, and I have to correct it up.

I run concentrations according to the Dutch Masters nutrient calculator, ending up at 1800 PPM during flower with no leaf burn.

Been using Botanicare for most of this grow seems easy got a free sample of their bloom enhancer , just started using that the other day . Things are starting to smell pretty good ... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom