DWC Bucket Question

NCDude

I've just set up a couple of 5 gallon bubble buckets...I've looked, but I'm not sure of the water levels....its only been a day, so the bucket is pretty much filled to the top

So what are ideal water levels?

Thanks

Re: DWC Bucket question...

Even in the begaining? The roots have not gone thru the net pots yet...

Thank you

from what i have read that until you have root development below the net pot keep it about 2" above bottom of Npot after you get roots out of Npot about an inch or so below as long as the roots are in the water your fine. hope this helps:peace:

hey man whats good? what i did wit my 5 gals, was fill them with tap water. until bottom of net pot just touches top of water (this is strictly to keep moisture in the net pot, NOT for feeding)
Then with a dripper system to drip nutrient water (with approriate strength for seedlings)once a day for 15 mins. (water with nurients has to be oxeginated with air stone).
You would set it to drip on very edge of rockwool cubes but mainly onto hygroton.
I would even un steak the dripper line to manually drip the water over every square inch of the hygroton in order to intise the roots to grow out in all directions once water dries. if you have water always dripping in one spot, roots will grow more densly in that one spot because they search for moisture when the medium starts to dry up.
you will use the dripper only until there root structure is developed and you see root tips poking out top sides of net basket. this should only takes 1.5 to 2 wks once on the dripper. they will now be long enough to come in contact with water which is when you add nutes to the 5 gallon bucket, tap ot RO water your choice.
just remember if its R.O you have to use some kind of Cal/mag to replace basic salts for a healthy plant.
hope this helped.

oh when you finally start using the 5 gals, make sure you have an air stone for each 5 gal bucket, and also use micro pore air stones with a hiegh effiency air pump. this will ensure plenty and optimal oxegen levels for the root zone. this equates to exsplosive root development!! and that means explosive bud development.

just remember the good old adage. Healthy Roots Means Healthy fruits ;)

also if you havent though of it already, you should look into using some kind of bennificial enzyme into each and every resivor or bucket change. this will prevent any algy or harmful fungus from taking hold and destroying your root zone.

I use hygrozyme and have never looked back. hygrozyme helps you keep those white healthy roots.

I really hope this helped and you didnt just read a whole bunch of gibberish haha. but these are just things that i have picked up through my experience.

good luck! =)

Start above net pot and let the roots chase the water, i start with 3 gallons which in above the netpot then drop it even with the netpot then drop it to 2 gallons with is below the netpot.

Back
Top Bottom