Noob DWC

Soul Sativa

he boomarks I had before got wiped out....

My plants are in 3.5 gallon buckets.

Using a 2×4×5 tent

I am using 400watt mh/hps system with adjustable ballast.

Light is about 18" from plants at 50% power (adjusted on ballast)

2/3 strength nuts due to plants being about two weeks old.

Water levels are high since roots are not poking out the bottom yet.

NOT a RDWC - airstone in buckets (they are 3.5 gal)

Root riot for seedling base and hydroton media (rinsed and ph soaked overnight)

pH is 6.8 - 7.0 in all three buckets

My plants have stopped growing and are looking pale compared to when i had them under a cfl. Mi

Still noobin it.

Two week old plants only have four leaves (not including the round sprout ones).

Drained and replaced the water with ro, ph'd down to 5.6-5.8) didnt add nutes and have noted about 2mm leaf growth.

Temp is steady at 76. Humidity is up and down since I have to work and only get to it midday night and morning. Ranges from 25 to 50 percent.

Water is steady 68 degrees now. It was 73 so thus the flush. I had to tturn the ballast of my 400 watt mh light down to cool the tent. I have a fan going and its doing a good job with temps and movement.

Since they are still recovering and so young, when do i add nutes? And to what extent?

So are you using bubble buckets it seems. I would also add some Dutch Masters Zone to your mix to keep bacteria and root rot at bay. No need to use full strength if you do not have root rot already. A small amount used as a preventative will work to keep it away.

I run my new clones in my buckets as such
1st week 1/4 nute solution
2nd week 1/2 nute solution
3rd week and beyond 3/4 nute solution

Hope this helps a bit

Hydroguard and cal-mag should ve added to your feeding program as ph rises and drops the added calmag helps, audroguard is liquid compost it protects the roots from root rot.

I think is a little late for this since he did this thread during 2013. He must have smoked the stuff way back by now.
But it is nice to comment to see inputs from different growers.

Back
Top Bottom