Cloudy water no matter what I do - Desperate

Voltrom

Moments away from tossing these two and starting over. I should have had bud by now I'm so pissed.

I put them in my 10gal cooler thinking it would be easier to cool (which it was) it never went beyond 66F this I swear to you and it's been two days since I treated my roots in hydrogen water and put them in a mega sterilized cooler.

I'm so fucking tired of trying to figure out what this ph spike and cloudiness is. Dwc shouldn't be this hard...... I don't know what to do.

Maybe my roots are diseased and this is a waste of time. Gonna chuck out the bad clone and give my single attention to one? Fuck

I need help, any ideas. I have aluminum foil and tape on the top lid. How can it be algae???? Do I have some kind of permanent bacteria?? That just won't leave??

Fuck dude, growing a 4 foot by 3 fat tomotoe fucking bush was a walk in the park compared to this.

FUCK
Ima smoke a bowl.

Ps: once I got spider mites it all went down hill.

My Rez is 57.7F at the moment, wtf am I doing wrong. It has to be a diseased plant I don't know anymore.

Here are my roots

If you look you can see the dripping water from the roots makes these dust, (look close). It makes dust rings. WTF is THAT

Tried just about everything but cutting off ALL roots and setting them in h202 until new growth.

I think I'm going to cut off all roots and see what happens.

I removed some rocks and I saw white healthy roots.

Got the rootball sitting in a glass of high concentrate h202. Literly the root ball is stripped of roots, and hydroton, and is sitting in h202. If this doesn't work. Absolutely nothing will.

And all I see is bubbles! This means I have huge bacteria in my root zone... Mystery solved?

Im pretty sure the water level is too high. It should just barely touch the bottom of the net pot. A few weeks ago my buddy tossed his plants for the same exact reason. The rockwool cube should not be wet or touching the water. If the water level was lower then the plants would be getting a lot more oxygen. The water is probably cloudy because the roots have root rot and it looks pretty bad. Just use a ruler or something to gauge how high the water is and where the bottom of netpot will be when the lid is on.

once infected, always infected. (kinda)

dont worry its not you... its plythium. and its a pain.

i went through it, and i would describe everything you have... if there is even a TRACE, a tiny, little, miniscule trace of plythium left over after you clean... give it a few days and its back full force.

if you want to see what i did to save mine.

Nibec's Single Plant CFL Kalashnikova SCROG

once infected, always infected. (kinda)

dont worry its not you... its plythium. and its a pain.

i went through it, and i would describe everything you have... if there is even a TRACE, a tiny, little, miniscule trace of plythium left over after you clean... give it a few days and its back full force.

if you want to see what i did to save mine.

Nibec's Single Plant CFL Kalashnikova SCROG

Once infected always infected... I must have had plythium in my inner root ball. It was SOO bubbly in my cup of h202. Now that's a indicator of bacteria lol. And perhaps my bleach treatments didn't help either, becuase that might have made said bacteria stronger.. Over time.

I lost both of my girls, they were very small but had thick stems and many pre flowers. It would have been a magnificent bush of bud..:( I appreciate the pat on the back guys. This isn't the end... Not by a long shot.

did you use distilled water?
I had a problem with cloudy water a few years back from buying the wrong type of water.

I meant to buy distilled but I got some that had minerals added and the next day my rez was clouded and I couldn't even see my air stone.

I see that I am a little late on this thread but I hope you saved your plants....Solo

i use any water myself. the tap water here is only about 90ppm. so mostly i will use tap. anyways.

if you make a zho/aquasheild/worm casting/molasses tea, and add it to your res once or twice a week... i can almost 100% guarentee that you will never have a problem with root rot/plythium/ANY kind of water disease/fungus ever again. and thats using whatever kind of water you want.

i went 2 months without changing the res on one of my hydro runs. and the water was still clear when i finally changed it. (tinted yellow from the tea... but clear) and no slime on the air stones/walls etc. and my rez temps/light proofing were NOT perfect by any means.

im not saying you should use it and abuse it like that, i more or less just wanted to test its boundries. it suprised me greatly.

it wont always cure plythium... in fact, my suggestion is to chop a bunch of the roots, or all if theyre all dead. dunk them in h202, clean the absolute hell out of your tub... bleach... HOT water, rinse, h202, HOT water, rinse etc etc. replace your air lines and air stones etc. , take the roots out of the h202... rinse away all the dead garbage, pour the tea through the net pot for a while to help flush it out and get the good bacteria working for you right away.

then hook everything back up, mix your nutes, add a very generous amount of tea, to the res, dim your lights, and hope for the best. treat it like a clone at this point as it pretty much is.. assuming you chopped all the roots.

in a nutshell thats what saved mine almost instantly after a month of battling that crap.

BUT i would say 99% of the time it will prevent any problems like that before they start if you run it all the time. at least from my experience with it.

You definitely have pythium in your water supply somewhere.

Let me give you a personal anecdote...

I noticed that my water in the reservoirs was turning cloudy just like yours two to three days after water change. The roots turned brown and the smell became unbearable. I changed the water... same thing happened. I changed the water, disinfected with bleach, disinfected with H2O2... same thing happened.

I run a large reservoir off of my R/O water pump. It turns out that the issue was pythium in this container. So I would clean, clean, disenfect, clean, and then become reinfected. Once I cleaned this large R/O water storage tank - all of my problems went away.

I have had no issues since then. I have two tents running side-by-side, one of them has a cooler and one does not. But neither has had any issues with pythium since then.

The lesson is to ensure that you check your water supply. Any storage or transfer tank can contain pythium... good water in... infected water out. The other lesson is to be pro-active. I started mixing my water in a very different way after I got infected. It is now water in, H2O2 in and agitate, I use DM Gold Root Zone as a preventitive next and let that agitate. Finally, I mix my nutrient solution using G,M,B and etc. This may be more superstition than anything... but it works for me. I also use a stronger dose of H2O2 in my storage tank to prevent any attacks from there again.

I no longer use bleach - except to clean out the system at the end of the run. Proactive use of H2O2 seems to be sufficient to prevent this type of attack.

Keep heart my friend... you will likely kick your own butt when you realize how simple the soution is.

i use any water myself. the tap water here is only about 90ppm. so mostly i will use tap. anyways.

That is fantastic for tap water. There are times of the year when I get 90ppm out of my R/O water system. I am on well water and I sometimes go as high as 700PPMs with a pH of 8 straight out of the ground. It is better after coming though two sediment filters... a carbon filter, the water softener... an iron filter... and finally thru an R/O water filter.

yeah i seem to be blessed on my tap water. i still let it sit overnight to rid the chlorine and such.

needless to say, plythium im pretty sure is a spore. therefor the spores can sit in any water supply dormant, until you give it the conditions it loves. (which unfortunatly overlap with what your plants love)

long ago when i was starting out i heard DO NOT USE TAP! etc etc... so i would use distilled from a local store... everything went fine... then i found (obviously) RO is way cheaper, and i can buy it in 5 gallon instead of 1 gallon jugs. (i have since learnt that my tap water, is perfectly fine to use.. 90-110ppm is normally its range, so i use that now) anyways.. the RO water was coming out as 0-20 ppm from this store on a consistant basis, which could very well just be my meters error range as well.

i never had problems with plythium, until i started using RO.

After reading your post greatlife, it kind of clicked that it was probably that stores system. they probably didnt keep up on cleaning it, and it was probably the source.

aaaanyways. good call on the h202. over time it simply breaks down into water and air anyways so cant use too much! :) well.. unless youre planning on feeding right away

iv also used h202 as a saver for when i had a 2 day power outage. (Warning: you will kill all your beneficial bacteria in your rez) Simply mix h202 into your rez every few hours (just a couple table spoons of 30%) and stir it around. it will keep your bacteria in check, and supply enough oxygen to your roots to get you by. ... simply taking turns blowing into your airlines works too... but.. might get light headed after a while ;)

(or of course... could always just have a battery backup to run your pump... but.. not everyone plans ahead.. i'v been guilty of it.

I don't doubt that many people end up with pythium from the local store where they get their R/O water. Unless the tank is sealed or treated consistently - you will have issues. Pythium is everywhere - it can't be avoided... just managed.

My electrical was taken out for a whole day recently - drunk driver hit the main power pole and snapped it off.... I live at the end of the run and there are only a couple houses in the mile stretch.... needless to say not much of a priority to the electrical company.

The humidity hit 100% within a couple of hours... the temps went way up (it was very hot that day)... but everything turned out OK. Didn't think about using H2O2 in that way - but it would work.

The plants took a couple of days... but they are all healthy now. I just harvested one of them this weekend - bigger yield than the last time. So.... maybe a little stress is good.

And yes, pythium is a fungus which spreads via spores. Root rot is a common term for any of a class of plant diseases - the most common of which is fungal infection in the root zone by pythium.

The spores can last forever (not literally) in just about any environment... and there are spores everywhere.

You can't escape... you can only manage.

You can't escape... you can only manage.

Now I know this. But I think I'm came to the realization of what the issue was all this time. I simply left my water level too high and it must have drowned the Rockwell rot ball. Not to mention that I got these clones in soil at first. I believe this was a factor in bacterial growth that eventually murdered my thick stemmed mini bushes... Sigh.

All is not lost.

Just got two more sativas about 4 or so feet. Buds everywhere my friends! And they haven't even begun to swell.

I have a little indica in their that has just been having the time of her life. Getting all that 650w dual spec to herself! What a spoiled girl.

Needless to say this little plant should give me top shelf... Or as some think. "The secret stash" haha.

Appreciate all comments and suggestions. I learned from my errors and the next grow will be that much better! In the meantime I will flower these girls and get my much needed meds..

Growing in soil is literally "dummy proof". IMO.

Not quite dummy proof. BUT yes, a LOT easier :)

I find a good soil, lots of perlite, some dolomite lime. and a tailored nutrient = easy mode :)

with my current soil grow. i simply water, water, feed, water water, feed. with the dolomite lime in there, i havent even thought about checking the PH, and shes been growing like a weed.

i did however purchase a 30 gallon cooler last year that i think im going to grow 2 plants in. so time to calibrate my meters and get ready for some fun :p thinking of running 1400watts on them =D super hps + CMH . should be a fun one.

Just got two more sativas about 4 or so feet. Buds everywhere my friends! And they haven't even begun to swell.

Those look very nice!

Glad you figured it out.

You guys were tilting me with plythium vs the correct word, PYTHIUM. hehe.

Yea water levels lower.

I had it one time, I even hand cleaned the roots, tons of h202 etc. In the end, the grow was very very poor quality. Wasted time imo.

Now I run a chiller 24/7 and only keep a small bottle of h202 on hand just in case. But haven't had any need to use it since adding the chiller 21 months ago or so. But that makes the grow go rdwc. Some folks just won't need that to keep the water temps down. Keep temps below 68 and water level correct, you'll likely never see this issue again.

Hey guys i really need some help.

I am growing in a dwc/bubbleponics setup, the water temperature is 20°C, Ph is roughly around 6, i am using RO water that i get from the air conditioning and from a RO filter.

The problem is no matter what i do the water keeps turning cloudy and the roots have slime on them. The leafs have little dots on them. I tired using hydrogen peroxide but the cloudy water returns after a day or two.
Do you think this is pythium?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Back
Top Bottom